Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Probation level for members of Clan

Probation level for members of Clan

There is currently 4 levels of clan members (member, elder, co-leader and leader). It would be a great benefit for clan leaders to have a probation level below member, either for new members that just joined, or members that didnít follow clan rules (donation types or missing war attacks).

This belongs in the Ideas and Features Reqeust sub-forum.

Also, this exact idea has been suggested multiple times even this week so I'd suggest looking up those threads to see if you'd like to add any additonal dialogue to the conversation.

Edit:
    *sigh*
    This was in the Tactics sub-forum while I was originally typing this I swear! LOL
    Last edited by BloodyIrishman; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:38 AM.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Quote Originally Posted by Warfarama View Post
    There is currently 4 levels of clan members (member, elder, co-leader and leader). It would be a great benefit for clan leaders to have a probation level below member, either for new members that just joined, or members that didnít follow clan rules (donation types or missing war attacks).
    "New members" do already have their own rank designator, that of New. Currently that is effective for three days, prior to automatic promotion to rank of Member. So what you may be suggesting is either:
    A) That probationary period be extended for x days, or ....
    B) A new member retains the New rank until explicitly promoted to Member or some other rank.

As for the second group of players you noted, for those whom "fail to follow rules", hence it would be a public display (since ranks can be seen by all) of a disciplinary action (punishment and humilliation). Really????? With the plethora of clans looking for people, what would most players do if humiliated? Answer: Leave and go elsewhere. I suspect there are extremely few clans that are so desirable, they have a waiting list to join, that they could successfully do that. And even then, I suspect they would not do that. Doubt if any of the most desirable clans got to that state to begin with by practicing humilliation upon members. Rather I suspect they became successful by treating members with respect.

New Bloke/Chick
    Really? Why do you want a new rank? Simple solution for violators. A Kick-Out from the clan.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    I don't see any point to this.

If you are a half way decent clan leader, you will be aware of your clan enough to know who is new, or problematic.

If you aren'#t a good enough clan leader to be aware of those, then having an indicator like this won't help you much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I don't see any point to this.

If you are a half way decent clan leader, you will be aware of your clan enough to know who is new, or problematic.

If you aren'#t a good enough clan leader to be aware of those, then having an indicator like this won't help you much.
    I don't see it for problem children. We don't keep them. But what about probationary for new members that doesn't let them see war maps , logs and bases for a few days? I've seen that requested to help combat the more devious spies out there.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

"Your war damage is zero-point-zero. I am placing you on double-secret probation!"

=====

If a clan takes on new members during war prep/war, they deserve to have their bases screen-shotted.
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:27 AM.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I don't see it for problem children. We don't keep them. But what about probationary for new members that doesn't let them see war maps , logs and bases for a few days? I've seen that requested to help combat the more devious spies out there.
    I have too, but that is a different request to this - and one which would hurt more clans than it helped TBH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfarama View Post
    You are describing the level of "new", which already exists.

Many, including me, ask for the feature that "new" members can only see scout view on war maps, meaning they can't see traps, CC troops or HTs.

I reject the solution of "don't let new people in during war". During war is exactly when I want to accept people, because I want people who will be active on war days. Biasing clan entry to people active on non-war days means a bias towards people who are not active on war days.

If a "new" member is promoted, they will no longer be "new".