Thread: Matching a clan with members who on friends list?

Matching a clan with members who on friends list?

This is a bit of an unusual situation...I am the leader of a clan, and friends with people in a different clan. Unbeknownst to me, we apparently started a war search around the same time. The match took over 45 minutes. In my clan, I have an account that has 4 of the opponents friended in clash friends list...as well as several others in my clan having similar friends added. Not only that, but each of the 2 clans have within the last week held a current member now that was in the opposite clan within the last week or less. My question (if any really), is doesn’t supercell have some sort of “safeguard” to keep this sort of match from happening??

Obviously not.

In fact, absolutely not. While doing self-matching experiments, I was able to self-match two clans with accounts that were friended between the two.

There is a safeguard that you cannot rematch a clan within 2 weeks. There is a safeguard you cannot match a clan mate in daily attacks.

That's pretty much it. A "friends" safeguard would corrupt LL, possibly CWL, and even allow manipulation of CW.

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    Obviously not.

In fact, absolutely not. While doing self-matching experiments, I was able to self-match two clans with accounts that were friended between the two.

There is a safeguard that you cannot rematch a clan within 2 weeks. There is a safeguard you cannot match a clan mate in daily attacks.

That's pretty much it. A "friends" safeguard would corrupt LL, possibly CWL, and even allow manipulation of CW.
    Yes, all spot on.

There is nothing stopping you from matching a clan with friends or even members of your own clan, just a cool-down of about 2 weeks to match the same clan. I have a whole detailed test we did with some forum goers and if you want to check it out, just click the link in my signature.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Some clans use this to cheat by starting a war with a close lineup and then creating a new clan with the exact same lineup to get around the cool down period... other clans are specifically dedicated to taking down clans like this abusing the system for crazy win streaks by joining clans, and matching the lineup to stop the easy win

Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    Some clans use this to cheat by starting a war with a close lineup and then creating a new clan with the exact same lineup to get around the cool down period... other clans are specifically dedicated to taking down clans like this abusing the system for crazy win streaks by joining clans, and matching the lineup to stop the easy win
    That becomes hard because you are trying to match one of two of the same clans.

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    Even joining the clan, matching the line up, then spinning at the same time, only gives a 50% chance of matching the clan you are trying to stop.

I am quite surprised that any "clan" that does this accepts new members tho.
    Since it is simply farming wins, and no work is involved, except for moving the alt clan for every spin, I would think that it is more set up for one man bands.. That is how I would do it.

EDIT.. Ninja'd by Major.. Too quick on the draw for me mate.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Even joining the clan, matching the line up, then spinning at the same time, only gives a 50% chance of matching the clan you are trying to stop.

I am quite surprised that any "clan" that does this accepts new members tho.
    Since it is simply farming wins, and no work is involved, except for moving the alt clan for every spin, I would think that it is more set up for one man bands.. That is how I would do it.

EDIT.. Ninja'd by Major.. Too quick on the draw for me mate.
    lol, Major knows all.

Legend has it, a team went in to try to take down one of the top self-match clans and matched against the burner clan instead.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    lol, Major knows all.

Legend has it, a team went in to try to take down one of the top self-match clans and matched against the burner clan instead.
    Shame.. Maybe if someone is deep under cover, then eventually they could get them.

Just have the gems and hammers ready for when the match is made.