Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do hog riders become useful?

When do hog riders become useful?

Title says it all. When do they become better than max minion drops? Or other max strategy. I have max carts and pekkas too but found carts love to sit in lava pools.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

From what I've seen & read, max level coupled with super pekkas.
    I don't know this from personal experience, though.
    Mine are lvl 9 and once I get enough ixir, they'll start going to 10. They'd be higher by now, but I wanted to get the bm max first.

Hog riders are useful when you unlock them and upgrade them once. If you mean hog gliders, I have no idea. Haven’t even upgraded my bh9 barracks yet.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Millennial Club
    I know max is very good mixed with pekkas. I had 12 power potions saved up for builder hall 9 (when they used to allow you to go over cap). I have no idea when they start to become useful though and I won't for a very long time.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Title says it all. When do they become better than max minion drops? Or other max strategy. I have max carts and pekkas too but found carts love to sit in lava pools.
    Carts are like cats.. they love a warm spot.

With regards to HogGliders.. as with every other troop it's max level or go home.

Mine are level 8 now and I have never used them without a power potion...

/Affront

It's going to depend where you are on the trophy ladder. If you're high up, yeah you will want max to be effective. If you're a bh9 sitting at 3000 trophies, I'd start trying them at level 8 when you get the third glider per camp.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefillini View Post
    It's going to depend where you are on the trophy ladder. If you're high up, yeah you will want max to be effective. If you're a bh9 sitting at 3000 trophies, I'd start trying them at level 8 when you get the third glider per camp.
    Thanks. Floating between 4400 and 4600 depending on how well I spam my minion drops each day.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

For that range I'd think close to max is going to be needed especially after a season reset. You'll face mostly bases that have a combination of bh8/9 levels. So you'll want the hog gliders to be in that lv16-18 range to be effective.

I have been messing with flying bacon for last 2 days, I have them maxed. I use one camp of them in an attack with one camp each of drop ships and witches, remaining camps minions.

The hogs are great if you plan to use them surgically to take down air barrel bombs or the roaster in air attack, or any other defense in your attack.

One thing I’ve yet to see is the 7 second freeze that is advertised at max. Can someone tell me how that is supposed to work, maybe I’m missing something.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    to put it simply...when u figure out how to use them😏