Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When do hog riders become useful?

Mine have been maxed a little over a week now. Long made short...the lower levels were absolutely useless when faced with the typical player over 4000. L14 can be used with Minion Drops in place of one camp of Drop Ships for certain bases. L16 will work with some weaker, lower level bases. I found neither very compelling and anything lower was miserable. Other than that, you are generally looking at L18 before they are usable and they are generally paired with Super PEKKA. Some mixed-strats can use them as well, but that’s more advanced play of course. I use them occasionally with Minion Drops where the base fits it.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Mine are now maxed. And I love them. As I've approached 4800 in trophies, I've started to see base designs that are meant to counter hogs and pekkas. I'm seeing more max defenses as well. So the 100% guarantee doesn't exist in these higher trophy ranges. The nice thing is the bases designed to stop hogs are not as good at defending minion drop.

I used a troop max potion hoping to see how Hog Gliders worked out with Drop Ships and/or minions, my only max troops. The results were not good. As a new BH8, I hadn't started Pekka when BH9 was released.

Looks like it's time to spend a month on Pekka. Then do Hog Gliders later.

Quote Originally Posted by Billius View Post
    I used a troop max potion hoping to see how Hog Gliders worked out with Drop Ships and/or minions, my only max troops. The results were not good. As a new BH8, I hadn't started Pekka when BH9 was released.

Looks like it's time to spend a month on Pekka. Then do Hog Gliders later.
    Max pekkas can work well on their own in mid 4k range. L13 hog upgrade going now. Then about another 20 days to max. I just love 18 upgrades to get a new unit to a useful level.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

They underperform badly. They are basically the new night witches.

Forum Legend
    At Level 18 they are quite useful when combined with Pekka, until you reach a trophy level where people start designing bases to counter that army.

/Affront
    Last edited by Affront; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:09 AM.