Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it acceptable (yet) to spend money on this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    I've been F2P for years too and the Gold Pass is just too good of a deal to pass up, when I have things to upgrade.

It's been a while since I've been "accused" of being a gemmer, but it happens.

/Affront
    You dirty gemmer!

There you go.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    You dirty gemmer!

There you go.
    I wonder if all those people from global who are benefiting from our donation event secretly call us "dirty gemmers?" LOL

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarFurias View Post
    Both groups are important. Paying customers will finance the game while F2P will give it a bigger player base. Of course there should be an advantage for paying people otherwise no one would pay it. As long as SC doesn’t turn CoC into a P2W game, everything is just fine. I spent around $250 already and absolutely don’t regret it. Those ones who talk shiit about gemmers are generally noobs who think one can quickly become a max th12 with a few bucks, or kids, or both.
    this. Very good analysis.

My main reason not to spend is that I get the satisfaction from starting upgrades, and seeing builders making progress.
    Several times in the past I lost interest for my maxed base, and this is bound to happen soon again (as LL is becoming a chore for me, unfortunately )

why do you care about others acceptance ?
    play game however you like .
    Play free (game progress will be slow)or spend money(game progress is faster in comparison) , who cares.

All that matter is you enjoy clash

Quote Originally Posted by Nuitari View Post
    I wonder if all those people from global who are benefiting from our donation event secretly call us "dirty gemmers?" LOL
    They would be right too, I used 1 gem donation way too often

There is no such thing as someone who ‘can’t afford’ spending on this game, if you have a phone, PC or tablet and time to play this game.

Simply a matter of choosing to spend on this game. And some people don’t which is fine.

My friend spends $60 a month on PS4 games. I don’t have a PS4. He also makes $150k a year and that’s nothing.

People spend their money how they want rather than ‘can’t afford it’. But as you said if there was no income the game wouldn’t exist.

People need to not worry how other pay/play. If you want to spend $5 then do it. Any F2P player that gets upset are just jealous/mad you will progress faster and choose to spend your lose change doing it.
    Last edited by bct; July 22nd, 2019 at 11:55 AM.

Forum Veteran
    The question is: Do you control what you do?
    And the 2nd question is: Is it ok, if a game company forces you to lose control?

It's a simple fact, this game is made to make money.
    Once upon a time the deal was clear: Play a quite boring game or speed it up with money.

I start boosting as soon as I had to wait for a decent army. Some ppl I know spend a lot more money for speeding up their upgrades. But even for me it was a noticeable threshold, so I knew, what I'm doing and bought the bigger gem pack because I would use them anyway. I guess most of the players were like this a few years ago.
    The first shock was the introduction of a 2nd game to CoC in order to force ppl. like me to spend money there too. Just this evil try made me spend a lot less at the main game.
    After this SC changes their strategy to get money to a way like scool yard deales do to get the kids addicted. Lots of free give aways to accustom, give it away cheap get the ppl. used to paying ..... guess whats next.

For me and players like me, the game is a lot cheaper now, but I know the difference is paid by ppl. who just got duped.
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

I don't have an issue throwing some money to a developer if I enjoy their game.

We had one player in our clan who was a die-hard F2P without being obnoxious (as in, constantly reminding everybody he was a F2P player). However, the Season Pass finally enticed him to spend $5/month now.

With Gold Pass many non paying players became paying paying ones due to low cost/high reward model. Being a paying/f2p player shouldn't be a point to add/remove any value from any player as it is a choice and a way to help game progress

Thanks for DragonX101 for his great work!

Quote Originally Posted by MiCra View Post
    The first shock was the introduction of a 2nd game to CoC in order to force ppl. like me to spend money there too. Just this evil try made me spend a lot less at the main game.
    So they came to your doorstep with goons that forced you to buy gems for the builder base? They probably are plenty people who spent money/gems there, but forced?

After this SC changes their strategy to get money to a way like scool yard deales do to get the kids addicted. Lots of free give aways to accustom, give it away cheap get the ppl. used to paying ..... guess whats next.
    Wrong comparison, as they did not stop giving away free stuff, they just added the option to get even more free stuff for a few bucks. Clan games, events and CWL medals are still there and free as always.

For me and players like me, the game is a lot cheaper now, but I know the difference is paid by ppl. who just got duped.
    Duped in what way? Did they not get what they payed for? I do know I have been buying the gold pass since introduced, but I do not feel duped. They introduced a package that was worth the money for me, and apparently many others.