Thread: Saw town hall 3 levels higher while searching

Fresh Spawn

Saw town hall 3 levels higher while searching

I’m a max th7 in master 3 and while I was searching I saw a th10. No infernos, looks like all th9 level troops and stuff but still this shouldn’t happen right? Does it still consider you the previous town hall until you upgrade something? Was he cheating? I have a ss but I can’t figure out how to post it here 😂

It prefers to match you with a TH level close to your own. But... it will not wait forever to give you a match! As neccessary, scope is widened. In Masters, you probably exceeded the norm for most 8's and even possibly for the average 9.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    It prefers to match you with a TH level close to your own. But... it will not wait forever to give you a match! As neccessary, scope is widened. In Masters, you probably exceeded the norm for most 8's and even possibly for the average 9.
    Yeah most of the th9 I see at this point are only for 12ish trophies. But what you’re saying is that I’m not limited to only th5-9? This was not how I understood it previously

Quote Originally Posted by CsLewie View Post
    Yeah most of the th9 I see at this point are only for 12ish trophies. But what you’re saying is that I’m not limited to only th5-9? This was not how I understood it previously
    Correct! There are ample supplies of all TH levels within lower leagues, so matching via TH level is viable within those leagues. As you climb trophies, you start to exceed the norm for your peers. At some point as you climb, it has to widen the parameters due to the lack of opponents to match you against. As a TH 12, while in Titans, I was offered a TH 9. Had to give it to someone, correct?