Thread: QoL for the forums

QoL for the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It is a very bad habit that support have, of directing everybody with an idea here, even if the idea is ruled out or impractical. It doesn't mean there is merit in the idea, no matter what they say.
    i agree 100%
    Therefore I propose that in-game support should have the current list of ruled out ideas in front of them, so that whenever a ruled out idea gets suggested, instead of saying "go to the forums", they should respond that their idea has already been ruled out

You have no idea how many messages support has to answer each day.

For people working as support, they need to be well versed with all the ruled out ideas, in order to provide proper answer.
    Even if they have list or so - it becomes difficult to check them individually.

For them, to answer to more people, they need to provide short answers and the best one would be "go to the forums" because forums is the place where ideas are discussed.

What you said may be possible if there were a huge strength to handle queries, or else it would just be too much of work for people at support.
    Player Tag: #9YC8CL2C | In-Game Name: Yasin
    Town Hall - 12 | My stats here
    Check out my YouTube Channel here | Strange Quark
    I post the latest and the most exclusive Clash of Clans information on my channel.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryasin View Post
    You have no idea how many messages support has to answer each day.

For people working as support, they need to be well versed with all the ruled out ideas, in order to provide proper answer.
    Even if they have list or so - it becomes difficult to check them individually.

For them, to answer to more people, they need to provide short answers and the best one would be "go to the forums" because forums is the place where ideas are discussed.

What you said may be possible if there were a huge strength to handle queries, or else it would just be too much of work for people at support.
    ok. at least they should include a link to the stickied thread about ideas that have been ruled out!

Quote Originally Posted by mandy12 View Post
    ok. at least they should include a link to the stickied thread about ideas that have been ruled out!
    However, people will still argue with support about it or question it. Support's #1 goal is to "solve" their support cases. If they respond to a support question by telling the requester that their idea is ruled out and the requester responds with "Why?" then the support case is not solved. A support staff's performance is measured by various key performance indicators, one of which is the time it took so solve a case - if a requester questions support's answer, then the time-to-solve metric goes up. The alternative of telling the requester that they have a good idea and should post it to the forums guarantees that the support case is solved, and in very little time.

Edit: for the record, I support the idea of forcing the support staff to learn the list of ruled out ideas and not bounce people here. I've suggested it on almost every thread that starts with "I sent a message to support about my idea and they told me to come here..." My post above is simply to explain the reality of how corporate support systems work.
    Last edited by JohnnyPC; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:57 PM.

They still get the messages and direct people here ; the original poster is basically suggesting they add some text to a copy pasted message to send out... support would already use guidelines and copy paste a lot of answers already, if it was clearly written then it actually reduces 'solve time' as the person knows where to go and a few important pieces of information... just a more informative and time / forum rage saving feature... it's not fun to be told to go post your idea in a forum... and then be raged at by members and admins for posting an idea that others have already posted or posting a banned idea -

somwthing along the idea of

thankyou for your idea! We are glad you are as passionate about Clash as we are ; while our support team is unable to pass on ideas directly many additions to the game have been made because of our community! Please head over to our forums to share your ideas! Make sure to follow the rules however. Some ideas have already been ruled out, and you may also find some ideas have already been posted and have sparked ideas. Make sure to read the rules before posting, and please be respectful of all. Our development teams keep tabs on what goes on in the forums, and your thoughts and ideas can help shape the future of clash of clans! Clash on! ��

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    They still get the messages and direct people here ; the original poster is basically suggesting they add some text to a copy pasted message to send out... support would already use guidelines and copy paste a lot of answers already, if it was clearly written then it actually reduces 'solve time' as the person knows where to go and a few important pieces of information... just a more informative and time / forum rage saving feature... it's not fun to be told to go post your idea in a forum... and then be raged at by members and admins for posting an idea that others have already posted or posting a banned idea -

somwthing along the idea of

thankyou for your idea! We are glad you are as passionate about Clash as we are ; while our support team is unable to pass on ideas directly many additions to the game have been made because of our community! Please head over to our forums to share your ideas! Make sure to follow the rules however. Some ideas have already been ruled out, and you may also find some ideas have already been posted and have sparked ideas. Make sure to read the rules before posting, and please be respectful of all. Our development teams keep tabs on what goes on in the forums, and your thoughts and ideas can help shape the future of clash of clans! Clash on! ��
    This sounds better than what it actually is now. Hope SC will adopt such measures.

I think in-game support should respond with: This contact is not for questions regarding game play, new ideas, updates, etc. This contact is for supporting players with account problems (can’t log in, lost accounts, etc.) or problems with other players (cheating, toxic behavior, etc.). You may wish to visit the forums to chat with other players by following this link.

Something like that. Players just contact support too often for things that would never occur to me as something to contact support about.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Currently, support agents are repeating what is already posted in the support FAQ, I actually went in my English settings, help & support, updates & feedback, and found this answer to:

Quote Originally Posted by CURRENT
    I have ideas for the next update, where can I send them?

We value all feedback and suggestions about Clash. The best place to post your ideas on how we can improve your Clash of Clans experience is on our forums. Our staff and volunteer moderators regularly review user submitted ideas and pass them along to the team.

We are constantly receiving awesome suggestions, so check if your ideas have already been posted by someone else.
    In the spirit of this thread, the message should include a reference to the IfR rules:
    Quote Originally Posted by UPDATED in bold&italic
    I have ideas for the next update, where can I send them?

We value all feedback and suggestions about Clash. The best place to post your ideas on how we can improve your Clash of Clans experience is on our forums. Our staff and volunteer moderators regularly review user submitted ideas and pass them along to the team.Thanks guys

We are constantly receiving awesome suggestions, so check if your ideas have already been posted by someone else: Please visit: Forum Ideas and Feature Requests FAQ