Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Additions i think everyone would appreciate Clan Related

Quote Originally Posted by KaiMasterrace View Post
    You're completely right on differences of opinion on this matter, and you were right to think it completely through before picking a ClanName and we probably would end agreeing to disagree as we are now, but in my opinion polls is a way for majority rule to apply as the player is what gives power to the game and if the majority wanted this it would be in their best interest to do so. I'm not gonna say that this clanname change is the number one concern for players, but if it was what the people wanted it should be what the people should get. They have their right to as they please with their own game, but in my opinion it is just as much our game as a community, if that makes sense to you. Im tired and havent slept so my explanatory skills are lowered lol.
    And this is where you are completely wrong.
    Of course a company does want to make their customer happy, but not everything a customer wants is good for a company.
    Like using heroes while upgrading was a common request, but adding that would have hurt the company. Now we have hammer and books to help upgrading the heroes, which are adding some of the requests, but don't completely destroy a pretty great source of income.
    And on a sidenote, the forum only has a tiny amount of actual player from the game. Most aren't bothering with the forum. And adding an ingamepoll can get abused pretty easy, since someone with 20+ accounts could downvote others, since he actually has more votes. And what about creating new accounts, just for the sake of voting?
    One could prevent new accounts from voting on that matter, but at the same time you would lock out new player with an opinion, which 'should' have the right to get heard as well.

Let the majority decide and you 'might' end up with a lightning fast paced game, with no troopcosts, no loot around, no upgradetimes and without a playerbase... since it's too easy now and ppl are bored... with the things they actually wanted to see implemented. The majority doesn't want something to get harder, the majority doesn't want to have to work to get something. They want it fast, they want it asap.

Not everything that does 'appear' to be easy to code actually 'is' easy to code.
    If they created clans without the intention of changing their names, they didn't implement a backdoor to do so. Hence they only can get changed by actually manipulating the files directly. The work of a human beeing.
    Automating this, 'could' mean, completely rework the entire system, since they 'might' be unable to meddle with parts of the code, without losing track of clans in general. And no one can tell if they would be able to copy the data from all existing clans into the new system. So a new method would have to get coded to prevent losing the data while establishing the new system... more work, more time.
    And the endresult would be... some ppl could change the name of their clan, since they didn't pick something nice to begin with.

Honestly, even as customer I can't try to defend this work/reward-ratio if the same time could get dumped into actually new content by far more ppl are craving for.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; July 21st, 2019 at 11:53 AM.

Question ....

If they allow a one time, or multiple time, clan name change, why have level 15 as a gate?

I myself am neither for nor against clan name changes, do not care either way. But if they do allow for it, yes there must be a limitation or cooldown, but do not feel it should be clan level related.
    Last edited by rowman; July 21st, 2019 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    And this is where you are completely wrong.
    Of course a company does want to make their customer happy, but not everything a customer wants is good for a company.
    Like using heroes while upgrading was a common request, but adding that would have hurt the company. Now we have hammer and books to help upgrading the heroes, which are adding some of the requests, but don't completely destroy a pretty great source of income.
    And on a sidenote, the forum only has a tiny amount of actual player from the game. Most aren't bothering with the forum. And adding an ingamepoll can get abused pretty easy, since someone with 20+ accounts could downvote others, since he actually has more votes. And what about creating new accounts, just for the sake of voting?
    One could prevent new accounts from voting on that matter, but at the same time you would lock out new player with an opinion, which 'should' have the right to get heard as well.

Let the majority decide and you 'might' end up with a lightning fast paced game, with no troopcosts, no loot around, no upgradetimes and without a playerbase... since it's too easy now and ppl are bored... with the things they actually wanted to see implemented. The majority doesn't want something to get harder, the majority doesn't want to have to work to get something. They want it fast, they want it asap.

Not everything that does 'appear' to be easy to code actually 'is' easy to code.
    If they created clans without the intention of changing their names, they didn't implement a backdoor to do so. Hence they only can get changed by actually manipulating the files directly. The work of a human beeing.
    Automating this, 'could' mean, completely rework the entire system, since they 'might' be unable to meddle with parts of the code, without losing track of clans in general. And no one can tell if they would be able to copy the data from all existing clans into the new system. So a new method would have to get coded to prevent losing the data while establishing the new system... more work, more time.
    And the endresult would be... some ppl could change the name of their clan, since they didn't pick something nice to begin with.

Honestly, even as customer I can't try to defend this work/reward-ratio if the same time could get dumped into actually new content by far more ppl are craving for.
    I agree with you on this. I'll say i misphrased this to a degree and it came out wrong. The game's mechanics are based upon the consumption of time, and give the consumer power and he'll abuse it the extent that it could be abused. So by saying polls should be what paves the way for the future of the game is silly, and i didn't mean that at all actually.

The concept of this game is based on time consumption, and that's fine. I think they're doing fine in regards of time spent now, the balancing they've done in the recent year or so has been good so to speak.

As you said, i'm not a programmer. My point was that it is seen as an unprofitable idea, and therefore it will be scrapped and not even looked much at and probably never fixed. If there was an easy fix they've would've done it, but its not. I think the concept of thinking since it wasn't there to begin with so it why bother right? Well i don't think they knew at the time that it would grow into what it is today either, so things change along the way and reworking a system for the better should be further discussed, even its small things and details. I'm sure its entirely possible to fix it, but as a company they'd rather focus on work/reward ratio for themselves also understandable. As of now i've gotten no indication that they've done anything else than discover the issue.

I appreciate you explaining thoroughly though. The more i know, the better. I still think it's patchable even though i'm sure its gonna take workhours and effort on an issue many don't really bother with. I care though. That's why i'm writing.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Question ....

If they allow a one time, or multiple time, clan name change, why have level 15 as a gate?

I myself am neither for nor against clan name changes, do not care either way. But if they do allow for it, yes there must be a limitation or cooldown, but do not feel it should be clan level related.
    As long as there is one, i wouldnt mind. I'm just in a way trying to compromise with the concept of their game, which is time spend = rewards gotten. But there are other ways to approach this as well, definitely.

I can tell you this, The code needed for this addition to apply is easier than some of the new additions they've added in the past. It's simply a matter of what to prioritize and what not to. Just because things get complicated does not mean, they should focus elsewhere. I much more appreciate them to perfect the flaws in the game before throwing on new add ons and features, but as it is unprofitable to bother with it it's probably down prioritized i'd say.
    It's not just a code issue or a priority issue. SC has to take a lot of things into account, one of the biggest being the user interface and experience. I say the following often: "If SC added a button for every request in the subforum to 'just add a button', then our UI would be nothing but buttons." Even the simplest feature has long lasting consequences. If they add a leader chat, they're stuck with it, forever. They're stuck with the cluttered UI, they're stuck with very little space to do other things to the chat which they might have planned. How much value does a leader chat really add to the game? IMO, and I think it's shared with SC, very little. Many, if not most, clans use 3rd party messaging/chat apps outside the game, because the in-game chat will never compare to the value they add. So why should SC spend *any* time on the chat when there are waaaay better solutions out there?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    You're completely right on differences of opinion on this matter, and you were right to think it completely through before picking a ClanName and we probably would end agreeing to disagree as we are now, but in my opinion polls is a way for majority rule to apply as the player is what gives power to the game and if the majority wanted this it would be in their best interest to do so.

Your opinion is false, but also irrelevant since less than 1/10 of 1 percent of the playing population come here, so any poll would be meaningless.

I'm not gonna say that this clanname change is the number one concern for players, but if it was what the people wanted it should be what the people should get. They have their right to as they please with their own game, but in my opinion it is just as much our game as a community, if that makes sense to you. Im tired and havent slept so my explanatory skills are lowered lol.
    And once again, your opinion bears no relationship to reality. The game is not remotely "as much our game". It is entirely their game.

They listen to input from the community, and it certainly helps sometimes to shape the way forward, but the game is in no way a democracy, and nor should it be.

If they went by majority opinion, they would have gone bust by now, and there would be no more game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)