Thread: Using both Inferno Tower modes

Using both Inferno Tower modes

At Town Hall 10 and 11, there are 3 Inferno Tower setups and those are

2 Single
    2 Multiple
    1 Single, 1 Multiple

At TH12 with the addition of the 3rd Inferno Tower, there are instead 4 different setups.

3 Single
    3 Multiple
    2 Single, 1 Multiple
    2 Multiple, 1 Single

When a 4th Inferno Tower comes, the possible setups look like this:

4 Single
    4 Multiple
    3 Single, 1 Multiple
    3 Multiple, 1 Single
    2 Single, 1 Multiple

So the questions is: is it beneficial to use the Inferno Tower setups that use both modes?
    Last edited by Giorgakis; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:39 AM.

What I did: th10, both multi. Th11, both multi. Th12, 2 multi, 1 single.
    Worked fine at 10 & 11 and works fine at 12.
    Because I have 2 multi, I never see bats in war and very rarely in regular attacks.

Thought process at 10 & 11: may as well have as many units as possible taking damage instead of just 1 at a time per inferno.
    Thought process at 12: well, now that I have a 3rd inferno, may as well set-it to single for higher hp units, or to try and screw up an aq walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    At Town Hall 10 and 11, there are 3 Inferno Tower setups and those are

2 Single
    2 Multiple
    1 Single, 1 Multiple

At TH12 with the addition of the 3rd Inferno Tower, there are instead 4 different setups.

3 Single
    3 Multiple
    2 Single, 1 Multiple
    2 Multiple, 1 Single

When a 4th Inferno Tower comes, the possible setups look like this:

4 Single
    4 Multiple
    3 Single, 1 Multiple
    3 Multiple, 1 Single
    2 Single, 1 Multiple

So the questions is: is it beneficial to use the Inferno Tower setups that use both modes?
    All that matters is are you trying to stop queen walks or large HP tanks? If not then you are multi target. Typically you want at least one single that will hopefully eat up tanks. There are ways to deal lots of splash damage already, not so much high single target damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    All that matters is are you trying to stop queen walks or large HP tanks? If not then you are multi target. Typically you want at least one single that will hopefully eat up tanks. There are ways to deal lots of splash damage already, not so much high single target damage.
    This was my approach with th10 & 11 as well. I started with dual-multi and was getting crushed by queen-walks. Switched to singles and started seeing more witches/miners/hogs, but found my splash turrets still made them work for it (as opposed to queen-walk which just ate thru large chunks of my base with multi-ITs). Theres no perfect setting unfortunately (if you defend for one approach, expect the opposite) but I find single-ITs fill a bigger hole in my bases’s defensive capacity at th10 & 11.