Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: crazy matchup

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    The mismatch is what we found was happening when adding fillers that were very low. It was a mismatch at the bottom, so it could be overcome and was not a game breaker, but it was a mismatch. So, we no longer do that. I built two th8s and another mate built another one so now we have 3 th8s to use as bottom fillers and we will move them to th9 when th13 drops.
    Sounds good 2222. I will keep your experience at hand.
    With heavy offence, that mismatch could easily be transmitted to the top of the map, and no penalty.
    Would tie in with partly how the engi's gain their advantage too. Nice one.

I guess, going forward, I better be ready to close the bottom up, once the weight starts to get added to my accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I'm not so much sweating the matchup. No matter what it will be close. What I don't want is to be doing something with my numbers that are causing us to get matched against these guys more often. These wars are not fun.

Their base 1 is a poor attacker and managed 2* total against our top 2. Their base 2 has not attacked yet. The rest of those who have attacked are solid average to above average attackers. Took them several tries to clear some of our weaker nines. Right now they will get 2 attacks on one of our top two bases as their tens could only get 2 on my base. Most of their base layouts are anti-2 so we have been able to get some first hit 3s and may actually end up with 2 attacks on each of their top 2.

As for win streak, no. They are, however 12-2-1 in last 15 and recently coming off an 11 war win streak a few weeks back. https://cocp.it/clan/Q99YUGLY Whatever they are doing it's been fairly successful.

4 of their last 15 wars are perfect. 10v they average above 29. 15v, above 43.
    I'm not sure that is so successful, in our sister clan we have won 12 of last 15 wars and just roll based more on activity than rostering because many will have heroes down, or not quite where they should be defensively. We typically run 2-7 TH12's in a lineup with yours truly as the blue beast #1. I have access to alot of 1 cannon bases (maybe 15?) but I don't really like using alot of them in wars because I would either face more clans with 1-cannon bases which is preferable, or face stronger offense and defense at the top.

High of offense can bring high offense could often result in a tie, a war like you face is too close and it would be easy for the enemy team to face some clan stronger than them. I don't mind fighting against clans with 1 cannon bases, they tend to be easier at the top, and easier to defeat than maxxer clans.

If you really want to not face these clans you should just put a couple super max 12's on top and then those 1-cannon bases got nothin on you.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:34 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I'm not sure that is so successful, in our sister clan we have won 12 of last 15 wars and just roll based more on activity than rostering because many will have heroes down, or not quite where they should be defensively. We typically run 2-7 TH12's in a lineup with yours truly as the blue beast #1. I have access to alot of 1 cannon bases (maybe 15?) but I don't really like using alot of them in wars because I would either face more clans with 1-cannon bases which is preferable, or face stronger offense and defense at the top.

High of offense can bring high offense could often result in a tie, a war like you face is too close and it would be easy for the enemy team to face some clan stronger than them. I don't mind fighting against clans with 1 cannon bases, they tend to be easier at the top, and easier to defeat than maxxer clans.

If you really want to not face these clans you should just put a couple super max 12's on top and then those 1-cannon bases got nothin on you.
    i mean it's not successful compared to you and Sam I'm sure. but it's far more successful than any of the engineers we normally face. And certainly their sandbagged bases aren't helping them at the top. it's more helping them in the middle.

as it turns out our anchor 1 pulled some serious stuff out of his rear and got a 5 pack, with 87% on their base two. our second base now just has to clean up a ten and then my ten covers a nine and we will win based on percentage. So overall it's a good close war certainly not lopsided. but it could have easily been a two star loss with some bad luck heh.

We don't have any heavy 12s to put tat the top so that's out. for now we won't low load. I'll rotate the lower bases when needed.

i mean it's not successful compared to you and Sam I'm sure. but it's far more successful than any of the engineers we normally face. And certainly their sandbagged bases aren't helping them at the top. it's more helping them in the middle.

as it turns out our anchor 1 pulled some serious stuff out of his rear and got a 5 pack, with 87% on their base two. our second base now just has to clean up a ten and then my ten covers a nine and we will win based on percentage. So overall it's a good close war certainly not lopsided. but it could have easily been a two star loss with some bad luck heh.

We don't have any heavy 12s to put tat the top so that's out. for now we won't low load. I'll rotate the lower bases when needed.
    lol, but even if enemy clan is more successful than other engineered, not as successful as you have been.

I find that most times it's more of a sticker shock, call afoul, and then go on to win the war. Can't really expect matchmaker to be able to include one-cannon bases and have it spot on. At one time I fought in a war where we had 15 TH11in a 20v war against 4 TH10 and under and we could clear the map in 30 minutes so "crazy matchup" tends to be a bit of an eye roll but even if you are at a disadvantage now, you can still win. MM is pretty good these days, trying to change it drastically might have unforeseen consequences.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:46 AM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Veteran
    We have our own crazy matchup to report. Our lineup is designed to ensure I can give us a good chance at a win with 5 of my bases, and then give a good war experience to 5 newer players/accounts. First war was an OK match, second war the other clan is in for a rough time.

Our lineup:
    TH10 89k
    TH9 66k
    TH11 62k minimax gobs only 26/25/20
    TH10 56k minimax barch + hogs only 25/30
    TH8 44k
    TH7 40k
    rest th6 and lower

First opponent:
    TH10 85k
    TH10 69k (rushed, no infernos)
    TH9 67k
    TH9 64k
    TH8 54K
    TH7 32k
    4 x th6 and lower

Our little bases learned a lot of valuable lessons about how not to defeat cc valks in TH4 bases, our middle bases cleared the bottom, and we had two scout attacks on #1 before our #1 3'd it. (He was using one of the bases from the practice feature.)

Second opponent (battle day starts in 4 hours):
    TH9
    TH11 with mostly th8 defenses, no infernos or eagle, 10/12/13
    TH9
    TH8 x 3
    TH7
    3 x th6 and lower

This is the biggest disparity up top that I've seen for a long time. All I can figure is that the enemy warden increases their offense weight so much that they equal ours, and then we both had a long war search (ours was 1 hour 36 minutes) so that the defense component of the matching was relaxed. I have a hard time imagining this working well for them, but they have a 5 streak. Maybe this is their first war with this lineup. In any case I expect our Th9 could clear him.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    We have our own crazy matchup to report. Our lineup is designed to ensure I can give us a good chance at a win with 5 of my bases, and then give a good war experience to 5 newer players/accounts. First war was an OK match, second war the other clan is in for a rough time.

Our lineup:
    TH10 89k
    TH9 66k
    TH11 62k minimax gobs only 26/25/20
    TH10 56k minimax barch + hogs only 25/30
    TH8 44k
    TH7 40k
    rest th6 and lower

First opponent:
    TH10 85k
    TH10 69k (rushed, no infernos)
    TH9 67k
    TH9 64k
    TH8 54K
    TH7 32k
    4 x th6 and lower

Our little bases learned a lot of valuable lessons about how not to defeat cc valks in TH4 bases, our middle bases cleared the bottom, and we had two scout attacks on #1 before our #1 3'd it. (He was using one of the bases from the practice feature.)

Second opponent (battle day starts in 4 hours):
    TH9
    TH11 with mostly th8 defenses, no infernos or eagle, 10/12/13
    TH9
    TH8 x 3
    TH7
    3 x th6 and lower

This is the biggest disparity up top that I've seen for a long time. All I can figure is that the enemy warden increases their offense weight so much that they equal ours, and then we both had a long war search (ours was 1 hour 36 minutes) so that the defense component of the matching was relaxed. I have a hard time imagining this working well for them, but they have a 5 streak. Maybe this is their first war with this lineup. In any case I expect our Th9 could clear him.
    Yeah, those guys are hosed. How are the 11's troops? Anything maxed for their level?
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

Forum Veteran
    Yeah, those guys are hosed. How are the 11's troops? Anything maxed for their level?
    Loons, valks, golems, pekka, wiz, baby drags. One level behind in drags, hounds, hogs, archers. Appears to be farming in crystal with gowipeva.

I am guessing he can probably 3 star lots of TH9s, and since he falls below a th9 on the war map, that's probably what he's often called on to do.

I actually have an account that's probably pretty similar... a strategically rushed base in progress. But I don't take him into wars.
    Last edited by littledoctor; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:09 PM.

well, it's reversed....

So check this one out:

https://ibb.co/N7PqBfr

We matched in under an hour. their top base has a maxed GT, and 1900 war stars. the 11 has no eagle, the ten is maxed except Walls. the nines and eights are all rushed and none of them have xbows. our defensive weight has got to be so much higher.

btw, the out of order ten in our line is my son's account. he upgraded the TH only, has done nothing else (not even cc), so it's a nine, not a sandbagged base.

what exactly is the Matchmaker doing here?

Forum Elder
    well, it's reversed....

So check this one out:

https://ibb.co/N7PqBfr

We matched in under an hour. their top base has a maxed GT, and 1900 war stars. the 11 has no eagle, the ten is maxed except Walls. the nines and eights are all rushed and none of them have xbows. our defensive weight has got to be so much higher.

btw, the out of order ten in our line is my son's account. he upgraded the TH only, has done nothing else (not even cc), so it's a nine, not a sandbagged base.

what exactly is the Matchmaker doing here?
    Wow mate.. That one looks like a shocker, viewing the numbers, and if you have better defence and do troops in the maxer style (as in upgrade everything).
    Looks like you carry a box of spanners mate, not just one.
    For whatever reason, the heroes seem to have been ignored on both the matches you posted, yet we players tend to look at heroes as the deciding factor. It would appear the search engine is begging to differ.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 6 Days Ago at 02:13 PM.

is it possible that the maxed GT and the weight of the top base is skewing the bottom nine that much?

The th11 while having no eagle does have the other defenses added and upgraded. my 10 probably won't be able to 3 the 11 without some luck, especially if his traps are purchased and upgraded. but the bottom 8 are just ridiculously skewed in our favor.

I'm not really sure what these guys are doing. i don't know if they're trying to keep weight low by not adding xbows or are just clueless rushers. generally though rushers buy the heavy defenses. so I'm just not really understanding. all the nines have colorful yellow, pink, purple and black walls lol
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 6 Days Ago at 02:43 PM.