Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: crazy matchup

crazy matchup

is this because of the TH6 i decided to pull to make 15?

https://ibb.co/gz1tKjb

on paper this is the worst matchup we've had since midway through 2018. they've got over 100 queen levels more than us....
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

Forum Elder
    It certainly seems to have taken heroes pretty lightly.
    Are their defences a little neglected?
    Do you run on the .5 side with upgrade patterns?
    Do you have offence advantage, even tho they have bigger colours?
    Are many of your accounts approaching or at max state for their hall? Is your max 10 well above theirs.
    Doe the over all appearance between the 2 line ups look ok?
    I noticed they have a 10 and 9s covering your 8s, and 8s covering your 6s.

It is still a numbers game, so there is likely to be a reason, but maybe they place heroes at less value than us, or maybe its simply a bad match. Certainly dont look good mate.
    My thoughts about matching top colour got thrown out last spin. They had a single 9 against my 2, but war ended up a perfect draw again.
    Thing sure seem to have changed since last time I played the system, but I havent found a pattern yet.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    It certainly seems to have taken heroes pretty lightly.
    Are their defences a little neglected?
    Do you run on the .5 side with upgrade patterns?
    Do you have offence advantage, even tho they have bigger colours?
    Are many of your accounts approaching or at max state for their hall? Is your max 10 well above theirs.
    Doe the over all appearance between the 2 line ups look ok?
    I noticed they have a 10 and 9s covering your 8s, and 8s covering your 6s.

It is still a numbers game, so there is likely to be a reason, but maybe they place heroes at less value than us, or maybe its simply a bad match. Certainly dont look good mate.
    My thoughts about matching top colour got thrown out last spin. They had a single 9 against my 2, but war ended up a perfect draw again.
    Thing sure seem to have changed since last time I played the system, but I havent found a pattern yet.
    it is very normal for our war to have 400-600lvl of heroes advantages in 20v, so that is still very small different to me
    Last edited by samratulangi; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:58 AM.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    it is very normal for our war to have 400-600lvl of heroes advantages in 20v, so that is still very small different to me
    But in the non engineered world, big heroes tend to draw big heroes.
    Puma's breakdown looks ok, so it seems odd they didnt find a closer match.
    More so, if a such a small change has had a drastic effect on the normal search result

My roster is more engineered, so the 3x 9s I used have drawn 3 this time, but the 2 bigger ones I used are far superior to the oppo.
    They do, however, have middle and lower weight. So as you said, engineering is about full roster, if streaks are the goal.
    This time however, they may not clear my bases, since their heroes are tiny.

A couple things to add here that i discovered.

1. Our base 2 is a .5 th11. I am having him build his new defenses. He's from our sister clan and i didn't realize he was 0.5ing it as we don't do that anymore.
    2. The opposition bottom 4 bases are defenseless, and base 10 has a bunch of level 1 defenses. They are full of 0.5 bases except for their top two which are over halfway maxed with the exception of walls.
    3. Their th10 don't have infernos, but they have 3 maxed and one nearly maxed 9.

We have one perma max and that is my th10. I will look into the troops specifically to see if they're doing specific troop upgrades.

We are going to have to dip to cover the 9s unless we get really lucky, meaning we're probably going to be left with 1 attack per th11.

Eta: so except for a few nines without skellie, and their tens without bat spell their offense has most troops available, but not necessarily max for their th level.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:09 PM.

Forum Elder
    hmm. Although that number 2 is a little lop sided, it still seems a big swing mate.
    Your max 10, going by normal accepted guidelines, is risking "next hall up".

But sounds like you drawn full blown engi. I noticed the out of sinc 10, but can only see colour of course.
    The draw you got is more prone to those that rush, or irregular breakdown, rather than a tweak or 2.
    My draw, for example, took 4 hours to match, so maybe suggests it is relaxing parameters again.
    But I would think the numbers will add up on mine, once the war bases show.

It is difficult with offence mis matches, as we dont have any figures to work with.
    I tend to still refer to gold weight, if I need a scale to work with, although i have my doubts it is accurate nowadays.
    But anything is better than nothing, and if max 10 D is 90k, then maybe max 10 offence is also 90k, so a rough figure can be formulated. Sketchy, but the options are very limited.

It will be interesting to get Majors take on it. If memory serves me correct, he stated that the draw is still more defence orientated.
    If this is so, then it would explain where their power advantage has come from.
    It doesnt, however, explain how you matched with them in the first place.

hmm. Although that number 2 is a little lop sided, it still seems a big swing mate.

But sounds like you drawn full blown engi. I noticed the out of sinc 10, but can only see colour of course.
    The draw you got is more prone to those that rush, or irregular breakdown, rather than a tweak or 2.
    My draw, for example, took 4 hours to match, so maybe suggests it is relaxing parameters again.

It is difficult with offence mis matches, as we dont have any figures to work with.
    I tend to still refer to gold weight, if I need a scale to work with, although i have my doubts it is accurate nowadays.
    But anything is better than nothing, and if max 10 D is 90k, then maybe max 10 offence is also 90k, so a rough figure can be formulated. Sketchy, but the options are very limited.

It will be interesting to get Majors take on it. If memory serves me correct, he stated that the draw is still more defence orientated.
    I tend to agree which is what prompted me to post. I'm hoping someone might shed light on what we did wrong as I'd like to avoid it. As for the search length it ran just about an hour. In the past when I've added low bases like this the search tends to run to 90 minutes which is where I'll kill it and shrink the lineup.

As for my perma max, i do understand that risk. we usually draw two tens if mine is the only 10, or occasionally an extra 11. Often though the extra base is rushed or otherwise fairly weak and easily dispatched.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:41 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    I tend to agree which is what prompted me to post. I'm hoping someone might shed light on what we did wrong as I'd like to avoid it. As for the search length it ran just about an hour. In the past when I've added low bases like this the search tends to run to 90 minutes which is where I'll kill it and shrink the lineup.

As for my perma max, i do understand that risk. we usually draw two tens if mine is the only 10, or occasionally an extra 11. Often though the extra base is rushed or otherwise fairly weak and easily dispatched.
    Agree mate. And maxer drawing engi was a thing of the past.
    I have noticed a couple of threads to suggest a change recently tho.

Good luck with the war mate, and hopefully one of the better engineers will post, or PM you, to shed some light into avoidance going forward.

Heroes only tell a part of the story, it might be hard to really know why unless seeing the match base by base. The war isn't unwinnable, just a bit unfavorable. The top is a good match in TH and hero levels so probably some trading of less defense in some parts for a bit of extra offense gain.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:44 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Heroes only tell a part of the story, it might be hard to really know why unless seeing the match base by base. The war isn't unwinnable, just a bit unfavorable. The top is a good match in TH and hero levels so probably some trading of less defense in some parts for a bit of extra offense gain.
    i agree. i just don't know why we matched this heavy of an engineered clan. like i said their 11-15 is defenseless one cannon garbage. the low ten has some walls and a bunch of level 1 defenses. the th10s are missing infernos. For sure it will come down to our top two attacks, but we're likely only going to get one shot on each of their 11s while they're likely to get two unless they're bad attackers.

my prediction is we're going to clean up the bottom, have trouble with the maxed nines and the tens will have to dip to cover. then the 11s will only get 1 attack per mirror. if you have any advice on avoiding this in the future i would appreciate it.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:37 PM.