Results 1 to 9 of 9

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Game changing idea/concept

  1. #1

    Game changing idea/concept

    So I would like to pass on an idea to you all. This is in regards to retaining players and to stop players from rushing through the levels. If a player was to level everything up before he or she moves on, there should be something given to that clash of clan player that you cannot buy. As in a set I'd shields for the troops. For one the shields can only be given to let's say your giants. But the next time they go to battle they can give them to the wizards, etc. Or it could be some kind of skin armour to whatever troops you build with a limit of maybe 10? This is something you cannot just buy. So will encourage players to level absolutely everything up including walls until they have to raise their level of their town hall. This way you earn your way through the game. Thus will encourage players to start the game all over again. Thanks for reading this.

  2. #2
    Forum Contender Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,853
    Why? Maxing is not the only way to play the game.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  3. #3
    Forum Champion Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    5,613
    Definitely won't happen. The best part about this game is that every player has the opportunity to be equally competitive. Your idea gives a huge competitive advantage to players that choose a specific playstyle. And those that didn't choose that style are out of luck because they can't go back a town hall level to max it out
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 47 | AQ 49 | GW 20 |

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    You are right that it would be game changing. Unfortunately, it would be game changing in a bad way, not a good one.

    I don't know why you want to give an advantage to those who max each level, but most people (not unreasonably) don't want to do so.

    And if they felt forced to do so because they didn't want to miss out on the new rewards, they would resent that, and many would quit.

    You talk about it "retaining" players, but it would have the exact opposite effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    300
    I know I would have quit a long time ago if you had to max everything before moving up. People would get bored as they are locked out of new content ( upgrading the th).

    Maxing is one way to play the game. However, it is not the best or the only way.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    213
    I wouldn’t have started playing if this was the case. Such a rigid formula would be extremely boring. Of the 20 of us who started in January, 1 person is playing like this. It’s not hugely scientific (I wouldn’t claim that 5% of the player base do that) but I am confident to say the majority choose to not play like that.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9


  7. #7

    Reply to the negativity

    To understand what you're talking about, you are telling me that I haven't been playing this game for very long. In fact, I have been playing for approximately 7 years. I have seen more updates than most players in this game. I have seen more players quit because of bad updates and I have seen more players quit because of bad changes. There used to be an almost standard for most players to raise two accounts called min and max and a good portion of players that had these accounts quit the game. The min account couldn't go any farther without updating all the items in their account. This concept is not as aggressive as that change. It is just an action if you deem to level up everything to the max, it is not forced upon you. There is portion of this already in the program that you can see in your upgrades in progress. If you are an impatient individual you can play the game the way you want. But if you are a patient individual and it takes you longer to upgrade your level, you should be entitled to rewards which is really no different than buying a gold pass except that you would earn it. And there is nothing wrong with not having a reward. You can choose not to buy a gold pass and I don't see a lot of players quitting because they didn't get the gold pass. So that theory has gone out the window. One thing I have noticed, with all the negativity that your negativity didn't stop any of the fame changes that have happened in the past. We have all had to go with the flow and players will always come and go. With this idea or concept, nothing is jammed down your throat. It is just an option which may inspire you to have more than one account and do you know, I player four accounts, and I have lots of time in my life with accounts from a level 181 to 111 .

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax01 View Post
    To understand what you're talking about, you are telling me that I haven't been playing this game for very long. In fact, I have been playing for approximately 7 years. I have seen more updates than most players in this game. I have seen more players quit because of bad updates and I have seen more players quit because of bad changes. There used to be an almost standard for most players to raise two accounts called min and max and a good portion of players that had these accounts quit the game. The min account couldn't go any farther without updating all the items in their account. This concept is not as aggressive as that change. It is just an action if you deem to level up everything to the max, it is not forced upon you. There is portion of this already in the program that you can see in your upgrades in progress. If you are an impatient individual you can play the game the way you want. But if you are a patient individual and it takes you longer to upgrade your level, you should be entitled to rewards which is really no different than buying a gold pass except that you would earn it. And there is nothing wrong with not having a reward. You can choose not to buy a gold pass and I don't see a lot of players quitting because they didn't get the gold pass. So that theory has gone out the window. One thing I have noticed, with all the negativity that your negativity didn't stop any of the fame changes that have happened in the past. We have all had to go with the flow and players will always come and go. With this idea or concept, nothing is jammed down your throat. It is just an option which may inspire you to have more than one account and do you know, I player four accounts, and I have lots of time in my life with accounts from a level 181 to 111 .
    This is not anything like the gold pass. The gold pass gives magic items and a skin for $5. Supercell is a business and that is a fair way to make money.

    What you are suggesting is rewarding people who play the game a certain way. This would be equivalent to giving players rewards for using air attacks instead of ground.

    You say that maxers should be rewarded for the extra struggle that comes with upgrading every wall. My counter is if you waste time at th8 wasting elixer, that is your problem. If you want to progress faster, take a more sensible upgrade path. Donít ask supercell to cover for your own gameplay choices.

  9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Duramax01 View Post
    To understand what you're talking about, you are telling me that I haven't been playing this game for very long. In fact, I have been playing for approximately 7 years. I have seen more updates than most players in this game. I have seen more players quit because of bad updates and I have seen more players quit because of bad changes. There used to be an almost standard for most players to raise two accounts called min and max and a good portion of players that had these accounts quit the game. The min account couldn't go any farther without updating all the items in their account. This concept is not as aggressive as that change. It is just an action if you deem to level up everything to the max, it is not forced upon you. There is portion of this already in the program that you can see in your upgrades in progress. If you are an impatient individual you can play the game the way you want. But if you are a patient individual and it takes you longer to upgrade your level, you should be entitled to rewards which is really no different than buying a gold pass except that you would earn it. And there is nothing wrong with not having a reward. You can choose not to buy a gold pass and I don't see a lot of players quitting because they didn't get the gold pass. So that theory has gone out the window. One thing I have noticed, with all the negativity that your negativity didn't stop any of the fame changes that have happened in the past. We have all had to go with the flow and players will always come and go. With this idea or concept, nothing is jammed down your throat. It is just an option which may inspire you to have more than one account and do you know, I player four accounts, and I have lots of time in my life with accounts from a level 181 to 111 .
    I have absolutely no idea whatsoever why you think it might inspire people to have more than one account.

    You either ignore it, in which case it makes no difference, or you feel you need to try for the rewards, in which case it makes it much harder, and will undoubtedly put people off.

    There is no comparison at all to the gold pass either, because that is something you pay for and which gives you nothing affecting game play that you can't get in other ways.

    This is something that would affect game play that you could only get if you choose to play the game in one particular way. It would cause huge resentment among the many millions who don't want to play that way, and would severely reduce the variety found in this game.

    Sorry, but there is no discernible benefit to this idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •