Thread: Rush to 11?

Centennial Club

Rush to 11?

Hi I'm currently upgrading to th 11( 3 days left) but I got plenty of stuff left to do. Main reason for rushing is that i'm wasting DE. Heroes and every other offense is maxed. Just finished grinding walls to max, Archer towers, traps, AD, infernos, and x bows are maxed. The rest are like 1 level below maxed for 10. Should I cancel the upgrade? I mostly care about farming and non-serious cwl. Will this put me at a disadvantage in farming? What about cwl?
    Any suggestions are appreciated!
    Last edited by vmario; July 21st, 2019 at 09:04 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by vmario View Post
    Will this put me at a disadvantage in farming?
    It is always a disadvantage initially to go up a TH farming wise. I've got a bunch of data that suggests farming takes a dip at the beginning of every TH I've measured it at. This is mostly due to loot penalty for attacking lower THs.

Say your loot attacks are distributed 30% one TH below yourself and 70% on your TH level. This means that for any time unit spent raiding you'll get:

(1) 0.3*0.8+0.7*1 = 0.94 loot/time

This is relative to the case where all of your attacks are against your own TH level:

(2) 1.0 loot/time

Now consider case (1) after you've upgraded your TH all else being equal you'll now make:

(3) 0.3*0.5+0.7*0.8 = 0.71 loot/time

Taking (1) and (3) we get the relative reduction:

0.71/0.94 ~ 0.755 loot/time

In other words, if you attack the same type of bases with the same army you'll stand to make about 25% less loot at a new TH.

Ways to get around this are:

- Upgrade troops and heroes asap.
    - Spam power/hero potions.
    - Select easier bases with more loot.

In your specific case I'd say go ahead and continue the upgrade. Mainly because wasting resources is extremely bad and inefficient.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by vmario View Post
    I mostly care about farming and non-serious cwl. Will this put me at a disadvantage in farming? What about cwl?
    Any suggestions are appreciated!
    Compared to any other new TH11, you will be fine - maybe more than fine, since your heroes are maxed, and lots of new TH11s don't have maxed heroes. In CWL, you are always better off rushing, even if you add nothing (the TH adds a few extra HP if nothing else).

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    Compared to any other new TH11, you will be fine - maybe more than fine, since your heroes are maxed, and lots of new TH11s don't have maxed heroes. In CWL, you are always better off rushing, even if you add nothing (the TH adds a few extra HP if nothing else).
    Agreed. If your heores and offense are maxed, go up and you'll catch defense up as you go regardless. Defense doesn't affect active farming anyway, just potentially what may be lost when attacked.

Main TH12| Leader of Crooked Lines|BK65AQ65GW40
    Minis - Echo: TH11| Kaeliix: TH10
    Credit to Planck for the awesome signature.