Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 research potions vs. 1 hammer

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    If whatever you're looking at in the Lab is less than 2.5 days the Potion would be better, but anything more and the Hammer would be more efficient.
    There's no way a potion can be better than a hammer nowadays, if used wisely.
    As bloody bro told above, 6 potions give to you 2.5d less to an upgrading lab stuff.
    ONE hammer gives to you instantly any troop upgrade. So 7 days, 10 days or even 14 days, and the math goes further because hammer saves to you not only time but resources.
    With that said, don't waste your precious medals wether on builder or lab potions.

Peace out
    Last edited by michelms; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silvr View Post
    to summarise: the research potion sucks.
    I'll drop one or two to finish something up before I go to bed so I dont miss out on that 6-8 hours of lab time

It has its uses

For those lower lower than TH7 research potions are better than a hammer. It’s perfectly possible for the value of things to change relative to your TH level. Early game? Research potions are great. Late game? Hammers are the way to go. A research potion at 70 gems is a little cheaper than gemming something to finish so you could start something else, say, before overnight. It’s marginal at best, in terms of straight up comparison to gem value.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9

i would prefer hammer over potions

Quote Originally Posted by Mani1912 View Post
    6 research potions cost 120 medals and 1 hammer cost 120 medals.

Which one is better?

You miss the point of this potion.....like potion of builder.... it's better like it's better the hammer....
    Hammer it's good to put a new clan castle level immediately.....
    Why potion it's better?

It's a good potion maybe when you need to complete update to spend some resources overflow...or...because you need the spell or troop in the lab for rush cups...

Forum Veteran
    One isn't any better than the other as a general statement. Potions are for short term speed ups, hammers are for long term. It's like comparing a sports car and a semi truck of the same price. Which is better? It depends completely on what you're going to use it for. The new prices make a lot more sense than having short term potions being better for long term timelines than a hammer built for long term.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    If whatever you're looking at in the Lab is less than 2.5 days the Potion would be better, but anything more and the Hammer would be more efficient.
    It costs the resources and it takes 6 hours of time.

Quote Originally Posted by k3rnelp View Post
    You miss the point of this potion.....like potion of builder.... it's better like it's better the hammer....
    Hammer it's good to put a new clan castle level immediately.....
    Why potion it's better?
    I agreed with this.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    One isn't any better than the other as a general statement. Potions are for short term speed ups, hammers are for long term. It's like comparing a sports car and a semi truck of the same price. Which is better? It depends completely on what you're going to use it for. The new prices make a lot more sense than having short term potions being better for long term timelines than a hammer built for long term.
    After TH7, all upgrades are more than 3 days.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Agree. In its present form research potion offers no incentive to buy for medals or gems.

Lab continues to be the choke point in upgrades. They may offer us a sixth builder, but every new troop level, every spell,, every troop added to the game still has to process through the same single lab we had when TH8 was the highest level.

Lab needs to be able to work on more than one upgrade at a time. Could be one elixir and one DE, or one troop and one spell.

With two upgrades going the research would be a little better option. Not perfect, but better.
    Call me crazy, but I've used medals to get hammers for troops and spell upgrades instead of hammer of heroes quite a few times. Just figured maxing a troop I use is better then 1 hero level as far as my short term enjoyment of the game goes. And all of my main accounts have at least mid level heroes for their th, so....I know I may regret it in the long run.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani1912 View Post
    It costs the resources and it takes 6 hours of time.

I agreed with this.

After TH7, all upgrades are more than 3 days.
    Total upgrade time is irrelevant. What's relevant is how much time is LEFT. For example, if cwl or war is coming up, and I have a hero who won't be ready in time, it's better to use a potion if I only need to speed up 1 day to get my hero done, much better for potion over hammer. Same for overflowing resources if you just need a day or two left.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    Total upgrade time is irrelevant. What's relevant is how much time is LEFT. For example, if cwl or war is coming up, and I have a hero who won't be ready in time, it's better to use a potion if I only need to speed up 1 day to get my hero done, much better for potion over hammer. Same for overflowing resources if you just need a day or two left.
    If your going to use a potion, use a potion of power... It will max all your troops.

The lab potion has nothing to do with hero's

And you keep a builder free for your walls so your storages a not overflowing.