Thread: Fair Play

Fair Play

I am all for a fair and even playfield.
    I understand Supercell has worked very hard towards eliminating bots, which is a good thing.

How can we encourage Supercell to work on other CRITICAL fair play issues?
    We have been talking about unfair war matches. This is far from solved.
    Our last war, we had 2 th12, one th11 and 2 th9. Matched versus 2 th12 and 3 th11.

The war before that, our team had 3 th12, 2 th11, 1 th10 and 4 th9. Enemy: 5 th12, 3 th11 and 2 th10.

How can we convey the importance of fair play to Supercell so they allocate resources to solving this problem?

The builder village is also notorious for uneven matches.

So much effort put towards developing "new features", "rebalancing", fighting bots, etc.
    This is a very simple known issue that has been around for YEARS!!!!
    Maybe they think there is no money in it.
    Too bad.

First problem is your 5v5 war size. In such small wars, small differences are multiplied. One base is 20% of your lineup, so one minor discrepancy becomes huge. It is an assist to new clans to help them grow. But if your clan is more than a month or two old and you still have to do 5v5s, it might be time to consider merging into a larger clan. There are even more benefits to be had in clan games, CWL, quicker donations and even more socialization.

We do mostly 30v30 wars, and I find the mm incredibly even. Our last war is a tie decided on percentage, and I can point to five attacks on both sides that came to 98 or 99 percent. Now that is close. Looking back a bit most of our wars are decided by a couple of stars, and most times you can point to a missed attack, a near miss, a 90% one star, a 99% hit. When there are runaway wins, it is usually some flaw in the other clan with multiple players missing attacks or leaving.

I am certain SC has stats on how close wars are in each size category. Would love a peek behind the curtain someday, to see if official stats bear out my observations. Percentage of wars decided by zero or one star, vs percentage of blow outs by 5+ stars etc. I doubt we will ever see it though.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by Quake2017 View Post
    I am all for a fair and even playfield.
    I understand Supercell has worked very hard towards eliminating bots, which is a good thing.

How can we encourage Supercell to work on other CRITICAL fair play issues?
    We have been talking about unfair war matches. This is far from solved.
    Our last war, we had 2 th12, one th11 and 2 th9. Matched versus 2 th12 and 3 th11.

The war before that, our team had 3 th12, 2 th11, 1 th10 and 4 th9. Enemy: 5 th12, 3 th11 and 2 th10.

How can we convey the importance of fair play to Supercell so they allocate resources to solving this problem?

The builder village is also notorious for uneven matches.

So much effort put towards developing "new features", "rebalancing", fighting bots, etc.
    This is a very simple known issue that has been around for YEARS!!!!
    Maybe they think there is no money in it.
    Too bad.

Builder base matching depends on trophy count I'm not sure why you would include that with war matching.

As for war matching, like Papa said, that 5 person war size is rough. It isn't all that easy to find exact matches in any war sizes and being off by a hall or two makes more difference at 5v5. Also, just telling us the hall level doesn't tell the whole story. What is your clan tag? Someone here will take a look.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Millennial Club
    When we get matched with a clan that has a th level advantage (more 12's or more 11's) on us it's usually a good sign. Their top bases are weaker and the 2 attacks per account we have more then makes up for advantage in the middle and everybody in the middle down drops.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SSeleulc View Post
    When we get matched with a clan that has a th level advantage (more 12's or more 11's) on us it's usually a good sign. Their top bases are weaker and the 2 attacks per account we have more then makes up for advantage in the middle and everybody in the middle down drops.
    This, is your answer OP. Nothing can be learned by simple town hall comparisons. If you share your clan tag we might be able to offer advice.

As for builder base comment, please read this thread as your unfair matchup claim is simply false: https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1641104-Unfair-matches?p=11161985
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:56 PM.