Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to normal wars?

Centennial Club

What happened to normal wars?

I have been wondering this question a lot lately.

We are a casual clan and had win streaks of 3 or 4 before. A year and a month ago our wins streaks suddenly rose to 6-7 wins in a row. I think that was because Supercell changed the MAtchmaking system in a way that basicly killed engineering advantage. So there was a reason for our more succesful wars. But now we have a win streak of 12 that started about 5 months ago. Yes, we war less then once a week because CWL once a month takes all our energy. But ehat happened 5 months ago? The wars are as fair as before but our opponents seem to be less skilled then before. We are not any more skilled for sure and players are the same. Someone said that after a win streak of 10 you get really though opponents but it does not look like it. Have the more skilled stopped normal wars or what? It puzzles me.

the reason players seemed less skilled is simple.. with all of the rewards that players get now they are rushing through th's and not mastering attacks at each level..

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Now the players are progressing much faster and most of the strong players are close to max th12 even with their mini accounts.The chance to get strong motivated oponents in mixed war is very very low.Also i know good players that are not interested in normal wars because 48 hours for 2 attacks is too slow for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    the reason players seemed less skilled is simple.. with all of the rewards that players get now they are rushing through th's and not mastering attacks at each level..
    This is it in addition to people having higher level bases that are weak with lower level defenses and heroes.

My big war clan that wars with 11s and 12s is seeing competition that's quite stiff and we're getting on streaks less often than we used to. OTOH, my lower clan (TMBG) that wars with TH 8-11 is experiencing the same thing as you. We've run several long war win streaks for awhile now.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    I think demographics plays a greater role. People whose main/only account is low (and aren't returning players) have just started playing clash recently, which means they are either very young, or just got out of prison, or something like that. Almost everyone in the world who is a hardcore gamer has already tried clash years ago, and either quit playing or has a th12 by now.

Our last 30v30 war we faced 5 TH12s. Four were rushed with 30/30/20 heroes or lower. So there are more rushed bases that are matching clans much too strong for them. Too many people bought into the idea that rushing is the new engineering, or at least they are doing it wrong. The whole idea of offense before defense requires heroes, too.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Forum Veteran
    The popularity of CWL has driven new behaviours. As was mentioned, there are many, many more clans who have rushed players. This works well for CWL but puts those same players at a bit of a disadvantage in regular wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    My big war clan that wars with 11s and 12s is seeing competition that's quite stiff and we're getting on streaks less often than we used to. OTOH, my lower clan (TMBG) that wars with TH 8-11 is experiencing the same thing as you. We've run several long war win streaks for awhile now.
    ^ I think this is the key. You can sometimes get quite significant changes in the quality and style of opponents for fairly small changes in your roster. Typically putting in more low bases, a wider range of bases, more rushed or offensively weak bases might get weaker opponents - but it all depends.

The matching is finding similar clans, and there isn't a continuous range of clans with every conceivable range of bases out there: clans with a certain ethos tend to end up with certain types of bases. So your mixture can affect what clusters of opponents you get and therefore their skills/style.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Elder
    Interesting thread.
    Everyone seems to be in consensus both about the changing landscape, and the reasons, for those that have elaborated more.

No reason to disagree. It makes sense.
    CWL in itself encourages the "bigger is better" route, and for those that decided to make cwl their forte will benefit from pushing on, with the intention to back fill later.
    Coupled with this, is the fact that SC have been pushing progression for some while now.
    Most players whom have been playing more seriously a while now will have grown above the 9/10 and under wars, that tend to make up the bulk of the casual war scene.

There is always the chance of meeting a tough match, with those that spread their mini's across other clans, but I would think that many players will simply keep their accounts contained within one clan (dependant on size and war weight of the parent clan).
    But the majority of those rapid growth, casual clans, have pretty much forsaken any chance of being competitive in regular war.
    With weighted matching, they are severely disadvantaged.
    Their rushed state, and lack of experience, makes them easy prey for the slow cook, highly experienced clans.

Experience is likely to be key to the new found streak building.
    Clans that regarded themselves as maybe a little inferior previously, may well find that their standard is now average or better in comparison to their draw pool.

The "new engineers" arent those with rushed accounts (for regular war).. The new engineers are those that keep the weight low, in order to match with those rushed clans.
    Am not saying OP is engineering, as he is perplexed that their fortunes have turned, but there are those that are hunting.

As an edit.. Some say that win streaks (recent war performance is SC's official release) have an effect on opposition.
    I have seen 5 wins quoted many times, as a cut off point.
    But I havent seen any correlation between win streak and war difficulty.
    There may be some sort of multiplyer or check box in play, but I have never seen a link to harder wars.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; July 19th, 2019 at 07:13 PM.

Centennial Club
    Good comments. I think my clan fits the analysis. We have a wide spread of bases in normal wars usually from about max th12 to th8. 10vs10 or 15vs15 wars seldom bigger. Sometimes we put 1-2 fillers at the bottom of the roster ( like th7s ) if we do not get a even number. All our war players are and have always been maxers.