Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer of Building for Mortar Gear up?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by RAppel View Post
    The big question here is 'why'?
    Given a BH9, max storages, max collectors and around 4K trophies you stand to make 773k of each resource every day.

That'll fill your storages in 6.47 days, but mortar gear up is 14 days.
    You can always dump elixir in whatever troop upgrade in BH, but you'd still lose out on 7.53 days of gold. That's about 5.8 mio gold.

5.8 mio gold in terms of builder rune is worth 1746 gems, whereas a book is 925 gems.

If you care about playing BH then a book for gear up is the way to go.
    Last edited by Munitor; July 18th, 2019 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    Given a BH9, max storages, max collectors and around 4K trophies you stand to make 773k of each resource every day.

That'll fill your storages in 6.47 days, but mortar gear up is 14 days.
    You can always dump elixir in whatever troop upgrade in BH, but you'd still lose out on 7.53 days of gold. That's about 5.8 mio gold.

5.8 mio gold in terms of builder rune is worth 1746 gems, whereas a book is 925 gems.

If you care about playing BH then a book for gear up is the way to go.
    Most who care about builder hall would have had it maxed ages ago with plenty of time to upgrade the mortar.

The mortar upgrade is cosmetic at best.

Centennial Club
    Nowhere did I talk about the usefulness of the mortar gear up.

It's irrelevant wether you have the gear up at present or not.
    You have still had to make a choice between losing out on BH loot, which has a gem equivalent or use a book which also has a gem equivalent.

However you're right in the particular case where someone had a max BH8 with full storages. In that case the value of BH loot is obviously 0. However I think the amount of players who maxed BH8 and THEN geared up mortar are very few, but that's a guesstimate.
    Last edited by Munitor; July 18th, 2019 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chajado67 View Post
    Most who care about builder hall would have had it maxed ages ago with plenty of time to upgrade the mortar.

So what? It doesn't change the situation for anyone who wants Otto and doesn't already have the mortar geared up. Doesn't matter if it's not most people or if it is in fact most people. Either way it's a significant number and this thread has information that helps them. If it doesn't help you, move along to the next thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by chajado67 View Post

Yes, I'm aware. Guilty as charged of taking a long break from doing much other than collecting gems on the Builder base. It got tediuos to me, so I just rushed to BH8 to max out the gem mine and basically stopped attacking from there. Just boosted and collected gems from there for months.

The point of the thread was not to point out whether or not someone could have maxed out BH8, but was to ask what options are available in regard to books/hammers in order to unlock the OTTO.
    old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.

I used my hammer of building for the multi mortar. Couldn't have the MB away for 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultGuy6 View Post
    I used my hammer of building for the multi mortar. Couldn't have the MB away for 14 days.
    This is a recent change then because HoB wasn't available to Gear Up the mortar a few months ago when I did it. BoB, yes. HoB, no.

The reasoning in my mind was that you still need a builder available for the HoB. Since the MB is in the BB when you click on Gear Up, the game doesn't see him as "available" in the MV.

Maybe they have changed it though to help speed things along.

Not sure about a book of building, but I used a book of everything on my mortar gear up. And it worked no problem. I would assume a book of building would also work.

Got me 2 week off my OTTO hut... Which I am still striving for.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultGuy6 View Post
    Are you double sure about this, that you used the Hammer of Building, and not a Book of Building to Gear Up the Multi Mortar? JohnnyPC said the opposite yesterday.

I'll be honest, I went and bought the Hammer of Building anyway late yesterday to use to upgrade the Star Lab without using resources or MB time, but first I checked to see if I could use it on the gear up, and I couldn't see a way to do so. It would have let me use the Hammer to just plain upgrade the mortar to the next level, but that had nothing to do with the Gear Up.

I would have to get Supercell confirmation that it works to believe this.
    old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.

Have a long time ago finished all gear ups special and only with books of buildings.

Did use a hammer? No. Better boost potion for me.
    Last edited by Bbeehhaappyy; July 19th, 2019 at 02:53 PM.