Thread: Move the surrender button

Move the surrender button

Anybody ever hit the surrender button by accident, in the heat of battle? Well I did this week. I wrote to the game. They advised me to go here and start a discussion that can maybe make it harder for that to happen. What you all think?

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromiusugo View Post
    Anybody ever hit the surrender button by accident, in the heat of battle? Well I did this week. I wrote to the game. They advised me to go here and start a discussion that can maybe make it harder for that to happen. What you all think?
    Be more careful.

(Iíve never pressed the button by mistake in 5.5 years of playing the game)

/Affront

Once you hit the surrender button a window pops up asking you if you are sure you want to surrender. Ibe never accidentally surrendered in the 6 years I've been playing either. Unless youre rapid tapping your screen to hit rhe surrender button in the bottom corner of rhe screen and then hitting the yes button on the window that pops up in the center. (This is almost laughable) then there shouldnt be an issue. Where would you like them to move it to? Another corner??

have i hit the button accidentally? sure maybe a handful of times in 3 years. have i then also accidentally confirmed the surrender? no. i don't see any compelling reason to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromiusugo View Post
    Ingame "support" just tell you to come to the forums, from the answers they sometimes give I don't think they have a clue about how people actually play the game.
    Not long ago a FreshSpawn came to the forums to suggest the idea that he should be able to gift his gems to his friends. He got super angry when told it was ruled out because an ingame support person told him it was a great idea and he should share it with everyone.

On this idea, it is already a small button, and there is a confirmation a long way from it.
    I've accidentally hit the surrender button a few times, but never then pressed the confirmation as well...

Hard luck I guess

One time I accidentally surrendered in the heat of battle. I think I was aiming to select a troop in the lower left but hit surrender instead, then confirmed the surrender because the OKAY button appeared in the exact location where I wanted to drop that troop. I was tapping so quickly that the confirmation window popped up right below my already descending finger. I wasn't able to react fast enough to halt the descent.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    One time I accidentally surrendered in the heat of battle. I think I was aiming to select a troop in the lower left but hit surrender instead, then confirmed the surrender because the OKAY button appeared in the exact location where I wanted to drop that troop. I was tapping so quickly that the confirmation window popped up right below my already descending finger. I wasn't able to react fast enough to halt the descent.
    But is this a common enough issue for you to have sc move the button to? Except for another corner, im not sure where theyd move it.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    ... He got super angry when told it was ruled out because an ingame support person told him it was a great idea and he should share it with everyone.
    Sometimes, you just want to see the world burn!

This is proof that in-game support has an awesome sense of humor and they know the people who play the game VERY well :-)

/Affront