Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Dead clans" in the search

Fresh Spawn

"Dead clans" in the search

Please remove clans that have been inactive for more than one year. A lot of "dead clans", so it is difficult to find a good clan through the search.

I don't know how long it is. But apparently there is something in place that removes inactive bases after a certain amount of time. But I have to ask....why are you complaining? They are nice. A bunch of easy loot and am easy win. Regardless how skilled of a player you are, dead bases are nice to find.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    I don't know how long it is. But apparently there is something in place that removes inactive bases after a certain amount of time. But I have to ask....why are you complaining? They are nice. A bunch of easy loot and am easy win. Regardless how skilled of a player you are, dead bases are nice to find.
    hes talking about searching for CLANS not for loot bases.

while i agree with this request, i would like it to be an optional check box for instance. not a flat removal.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    hes talking about searching for CLANS not for loot bases.

while i agree with this request, i would like it to be an optional check box for instance. not a flat removal.
    Ahh. I read it wrong. Ok. Then yeah if a clan is completely inactive for a long period of time. No reason to keep it i.guess

Supercell revamped their search a couple years ago and it completely killed recruiting for us. I used to be able to open our clan to "Anyone can join" and it would fill up to 50/50 in under a minute. I'd kick people who didn't meet our criteria; then once we dropped below 45 members it would fill up to 50 again immediately. In 24 hours we could go through literally hundreds if not thousands of new recruits.

After SC "fixed" the clan search, virtually nobody found us any more and nobody joined. Our clan has been set to "Anyone can join" ever since CWL ended. Let me go count how many people have come and gone since then... 15. Only 15 people have joined/left our clan in 6 DAYS. That absolutely sucks. It's been like this for a couple years ever since that new search was implemented.

Anyway, my point to telling that story... if your search results are showing you tons of clans who have been inactive for a year, that just grinds my gears to no end. MY ACTIVE CLAN should be showing up in EVERYONE'S search results. What the heck, Supercell?

P.S. just in case anyone is wondering, we've always used trophy thresholds of about 1400 to 2000 for joining our clan when its open. It has been at 1800 for the past 6 days.

Centennial Club
    We can’t stay open - we get people coming in and spamming chat with “free gem” scams. I’ll happily swap.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    Supercell revamped their search a couple years ago and it completely killed recruiting for us. I used to be able to open our clan to "Anyone can join" and it would fill up to 50/50 in under a minute. I'd kick people who didn't meet our criteria; then once we dropped below 45 members it would fill up to 50 again immediately. In 24 hours we could go through literally hundreds if not thousands of new recruits.

After SC "fixed" the clan search, virtually nobody found us any more and nobody joined. Our clan has been set to "Anyone can join" ever since CWL ended. Let me go count how many people have come and gone since then... 15. Only 15 people have joined/left our clan in 6 DAYS. That absolutely sucks. It's been like this for a couple years ever since that new search was implemented.

Anyway, my point to telling that story... if your search results are showing you tons of clans who have been inactive for a year, that just grinds my gears to no end. MY ACTIVE CLAN should be showing up in EVERYONE'S search results. What the heck, Supercell?

P.S. just in case anyone is wondering, we've always used trophy thresholds of about 1400 to 2000 for joining our clan when its open. It has been at 1800 for the past 6 days.
    Please tell me how this was a positive thing for anyone but your clan. The hundreds of players joining and getting kicked so you can find your 4 or 5. Yeah. That's awesome for them.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Please tell me how this was a positive thing for anyone but your clan. The hundreds of players joining and getting kicked so you can find your 4 or 5. Yeah. That's awesome for them.
    I'm with Piper, that sounds awful. Even for the clan.
    I can't imagine how much noob-troop spam you would get if you did this.

and you clearly could do this... go to global, say "HI" a few times
    if your clan is even half decent you will have hundreds of people you can kick

this is how i used to get my donations up. open the clan, fillerup. close. donate. kick. rinse wash repeat. i had so much fun. the best part? i gave everyone goblins

Forum Superstar

I think I’ve noticed the same thing, except sometime we must have been at the top of some page and were swamped with applications.