Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    You kind of answered your own question here.

The reason they can't stop the bot makers is the same reason we can't simply wipe out all drugs, and prevent any new drugs from being made. It is prohibitively expensive, and in a practical sense, impossible. Same with the bots.

1. They are developed all over the world. SC can only go after them using the legal systems of the various countries they operate in. Not only is this ridiculously expensive, there are several countries where this is fruitless, as there are no legal means to go after the bot makers.

2. That's assuming you can even track down the bot makers. Also a difficult and expensive endeavor.

3. Even if you've managed to cease all the bot makers, you've done nothing to stop the bots that are still out there. Programs are easily copied.

4. Suppose someone else somewhere else makes a new bot - you're starting all over again.

It's much more cost-effective, and, well, possible, to determine the users of bots and ban them. Hopefully this creates enough of a deterrent that demand drops enough that bot usage becomes relatively rare, if not extinct.
    And don't forget the fact that even if you ban all know drugs then people will try and find other ways to get their rocks off. Even primitive tribes use psychotropic substances.

As for bots the only way you'll ever truly be free of them is if players stop cheating which isn't going to happen in my lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    Why when I drop toast does it always land butter side down?
    Quote Originally Posted by TullSadum View Post
    Because you spread the butter on to the wrong side!

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    I'm more concerned for the accounts that will get caught in the crossfire of this 'new' thing ... but we'll see.

I'm not holding my breath to be honest
    I kinda wonder this too. It's great SC is taking action, but I'm curious as to how they are detecting the bot, and could users be wrongfully banned. We'll just have to see.

I’m not going to be so quick to praise SC when I am completely disappointed with the apparent plan to only punish those who continue to bot. In other words, the many thousands of accounts that were built up based on botting are free to keep playing. The many thousands of accounts that were built up on botting and sold to others (also against the terms of service) are free to keep playing. The accounts that botted their way to big profile numbers are free to keep playing.

So, while I’m happy to hear they are finally taking botting seriously, I can’t at all support the idea of a free pass for those who cheated for years.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Pro Member

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Where is this announced? I'm not seeing anything in the forums - I'll check their Twitter.
    It's also posted on the Supercell Blog: Encorcing Fair Play
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 655 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNickels View Post
    How exactly are people boring today? 8 attacks/ defenses seems clear cut. Making their base invisible so it does not get hit?

Boting* damn spell check
    People are botting today the same way they always have. Botting was never mainly a problem at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I’m as naive as I have ever been when it comes to things like this....... I don’t even know what a bot is? I guess I will google it and learn something new today....
    Regardless, I am always supportive of anything that encourages/enforces fair play. The only thing I ask of SC is to please continue on with your measures, I haven’t heard of the tentacles reaching out into the waters for quite some time, has there been or will there be another wave to come through the waters any time soon? or is this something you don’t like to talk about?
    Anyway, have fun everyone, it is just a game after all, full of a bunch of amazing people, get out and meet them!

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

extremely happy to hear this news. good job, supercell

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info - check this thread
    Our Discord Server - https://discord.gg/zYWJKkj

Watch the story of my hero, GSP - https://www.youtube.com/?v=NJw_RINI_IA

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I’m not going to be so quick to praise SC when I am completely disappointed with the apparent plan to only punish those who continue to bot. In other words, the many thousands of accounts that were built up based on botting are free to keep playing. The many thousands of accounts that were built up on botting and sold to others (also against the terms of service) are free to keep playing. The accounts that botted their way to big profile numbers are free to keep playing.

So, while I’m happy to hear they are finally taking botting seriously, I can’t at all support the idea of a free pass for those who cheated for years.
    I take it then you have a proposal for how to definitively identify those who have done it in the past?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

My attacks have been so bad lately in legends a farming bot would probably laugh at me!

I am all for anything that enforces the rules and enhances fair play within the community.