Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    If I were a botter, I would heed the in game warning and stop botting immediately and hope the bot app I use or used didn't modify Supercell's game files. If I "use or take part (directly or indirectly) in the use of cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Supercell game or any Supercell game experience...," I must expect the Psychic Octopus to respond vigorously and hunt me down sooner than later. https://supercell.com/en/terms-of-service/,

But I'm not a botter so I don't need to lose sleep and worry about Supercell sending me to banned camp.

---
    Lynn
    July 19, 2019
    I dont have to worry either i am allergic to any story that starts with “This one time at banned camp....”
    Last edited by Tosti111; July 20th, 2019 at 03:31 AM.

If I were a botter, I would heed the in game warning and stop botting immediately and hope the bot app I use or used didn't modify Supercell's game files. If I "use or take part (directly or indirectly) in the use of cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Supercell game or any Supercell game experience...," I must expect the Psychic Octopus to respond vigorously and hunt me down sooner than later. https://supercell.com/en/terms-of-service/,

But I'm not a botter so I don't need to lose sleep and worry about Supercell sending me to banned camp.

---
    Lynn
    July 19, 2019
    Beautifully said 👏

But, YOLO...

And I'm taking SC as a man of his word... Several weeks means several weeks. If my calculations a correct this business will go down late August, so unless stated otherwise I will stop mid-August.

Banned
    banned camp
    Oh Man - so many people coming the forums got mocked for being at banned camp when the first big Psychic Octopus bans happened. Was happy days!
    Pretty sure their brother took their phone and installed stuff and it was not their fault, even a little bit

Actually looking forward to the banned-rage again!

you writting SPC remind me the SCP foundation[lol]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zok000 View Post
    Beautifully said 

But, YOLO...

And I'm taking SC as a man of his word... Several weeks means several weeks. If my calculations a correct this business will go down late August, so unless stated otherwise I will stop mid-August.
    So you admit to botting
    That's um... brave? foolhardy?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    So you admit to botting
    That's um... brave? foolhardy?
    Botting... Trolling... It's all the same.

🎣

I'm sure their program will distinguish between the botters and the non-botters... 😎

Quote Originally Posted by jemclash View Post
    My call for Supercell is to go after the source of the bot rather that punishing the user of it . Because I believe if there is No Bot Nobody can use it. You have done it before why go again with the user? Dont be so drastic with your user. and its not a fairplay
    I believe that nothing changes, after one uses automatic attacks it advances in level but not in experience ...
    I think removing the bot from those who use it regularly is equivalent to making it stop playing, it hasn't kept up with the latest levels and it wouldn't be able to play anymore. Fighting the player or the producer of the bot does not change the effect, in any case they eliminate both. OK.
    Also what fun do the players feel when they automatically start and maybe spend hours reviewing the attacks made saying "how good I am", if you watch a movie maybe the fun would be greater.
    Last edited by Bakunin; July 20th, 2019 at 09:08 AM.

CoC is a business designed to make money. Banning someone with real time in the game pretty much completely ends because you just won't start over. It's a lose for everyone: they lose a repeated revenue stream as well as a (generally) higher level player who is engaged with the game and doesn't mind to take a loss since they are probably just farming for loot anyway.
    If they *really* wanted to clean up their servers they were for sure going to lose players and some of those were going to be long-time clan members. My guess is the very same conversations maybe are happening with the CoC devs.

I'm reasonably sure this is just them posturing.
    There's no way they are going to sweep across the player base and remove a ton of people who are using it. Company shareholders don't care about botters, they want maximum profit and if you impact that by trying to 'clean up' the game you are not going to make them happy. By all accounts the player base is shrinking now anyway so that's another reason you won't see anything.

There might be some token banning of certain accounts but my position is that you won't see mass banning for a number of reasons.
    Last edited by Bakunin; July 20th, 2019 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.2

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #169
    Quote Originally Posted by jemclash View Post
    CoC is a business designed to make money. Banning someone with real time in the game pretty much completely ends because you just won't start over. It's a lose for everyone: they lose a repeated revenue stream as well as a (generally) higher level player who is engaged with the game and doesn't mind to take a loss since they are probably just farming for loot anyway.
    If they *really* wanted to clean up their servers they were for sure going to lose players and some of those were going to be long-time clan members. My guess is the very same conversations maybe are happening with the CoC devs.

I'm reasonably sure this is just them posturing.
    There's no way they are going to sweep across the player base and remove a ton of people who are using it. Company shareholders don't care about botters, they want maximum profit and if you impact that by trying to 'clean up' the game you are not going to make them happy. By all accounts the player base is shrinking now anyway so that's another reason you won't see anything.

There might be some token banning of certain accounts but my position is that you won't see mass banning for a number of reasons.
    Do you have any actual evidence for calling them liars, and describing what they say as "posturing".

Past experience indicates the opposite, and I am certain we will be seeing mass ban waves.
    Last edited by Bakunin; July 20th, 2019 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Do you have any actual evidence for calling them liars, and describing what they say as "posturing".

Past experience indicates the opposite, and I am certain we will be seeing mass ban waves.
    I think he is more saying that SC doesn't want to lose player base if they don't need to. It is more beneficial for SC if players are to head the warning, change their ways and keep playing.

Who knows, it might have been worse overall if SC went guns a blazing and ended up banning a couple innocents.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; July 20th, 2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked