Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Your research is lacking then. Of course the bot software resides on the device.

But all of this I agree with, although it certainly can be against the law to write software. The modding software is illegal in most jurisdictions, because it modifies proprietary code. Bots on the other hand, don't interfere with the code, they just read the screen, and mimic screen touches. So as you say, Supercell have no case against the suppliers, but use is clearly and unequivocally against their ToS.
    Your research is off. The bot Iím aware of is written in an automation programming language called auto-it. Clash runs in an emulator and the bot runs on windows and simulates screen taps. As a 20 year software developer I canít think of a way they could detect this scenario. Maybe they have a way to reach back through the emulator and detect if the bot is running on the host OS. Or they have found something in bot code that it does that is not possible by humans.

I went over to the bot forums to see if tears were being shed. Some are mad, some donít think SC has the tech to catch them. But it appears that some have already been banned. My guess is those caught up in bans already were the ďtestingĒ ones.

Iíd really love to know how they figured out with 100% certainty that a bot was running. I have no idea how they could do it unless the emulator lets them read running programs on the host OS.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #122
    Quote Originally Posted by anyname1 View Post
    That just proves this game is dead and this is just another nail in the coffin
    lol. What a bizarre conclusion. I saw a video with 20 acoustic guitar intros posted about a week ago that has been viewed over 1.9 million times. I guess that means electric guitars are dead. Drums, too. And keyboards? Saxophones? Trumpets? Dead, dead, dead. So too are full length songs, medleys, mashups, mixes, or anything that isn't an acoustic guitar intro.

I remember when the Psychic Octopus was revealed to ban modders, lots of those people thought the game was dead, too. What they didn't realize is only their way of cheating is dead. The game is doing just fine and continues to do just fine. If some Youtuber doesn't want to cover the $1 million prize pool Clash of Clans Word Championship taking place in October, that's their business. I think the game is better than it ever has been and it's only growing.

Oct 5, 2014:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayboy View Post
    The game is dead
    Super cell i think you have hammered in the last nail in the coffin.
    Dec 22, 2015:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker67 View Post
    The game is dead
    Feb 1, 2016:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogernovak2016 View Post
    Clash of clans wont make it next year 2017?
    Sad to say and sad to see that this will be their last year.
    Mar 22, 2016:
    Quote Originally Posted by flatfoot View Post
    How much more proof do you need
    How much more proof do you need that this game is dead?
    Aug 30, 2016:
    Quote Originally Posted by darkshades View Post
    Death of COC
    Jan 3, 2017:
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsAmbi View Post
    Dead
    Anyone else feel this game is dead?
    May 4, 2017:
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwind View Post
    Yet another - This game is dead
    No one is playing clash of clans anymore
    Oct 17, 2017:
    Quote Originally Posted by grohit View Post
    Clash of clans dying
    Jan 25, 2018:
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameMaster123 View Post
    Coc r.i.p.
    Recently, general tony is thinking to stop uploading coc videos. And even jaso has stopped uploading coc videos. #coc r.i.p.
    Sep 13, 2018:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaushikijha View Post
    Clash of clan is dead
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:27 PM.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 655 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    lol. What a bizarre conclusion. I saw a video with 20 acoustic guitar intros posted about a week ago that has been viewed over 1.9 million times. I guess that means electric guitars are dead. Drums, too. And keyboards? Saxophones? Trumpets? Dead, dead, dead. So too are full length songs, medleys, mashups, mixes, or anything that isn't an acoustic guitar intro.:
    the day the music died........ how sad...... was probably the good ol boys drinkin whisky n rye
    Last edited by Night Crawler; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:24 PM.

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

Forum Veteran
    they killed off engineers, they killed rushers
    [raises hand] still here, thanks. They actually massively buffed rushing starting in mid 2016 and accelerating to the present. Engineering is also still alive and well, just different, and not as game breaking as it was in the bad old days.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieFogg View Post
    I’d really love to know how they figured out with 100% certainty that a bot was running. I have no idea how they could do it unless the emulator lets them read running programs on the host OS.
    I'm guessing they have purchased/downloaded all the available bots themselves and have modeled their behavior, and then compared that (automatically) to the behavior of real humans, and have been able to detect some subtle difference that they're keeping secret for obvious reasons. Years ago it would have been as obvious as "drops 200 troops at one time"; now it's probably something subtle like "only taps on even milliseconds" (probably not that one, but something like it). There's "fingerprinting" technology that can supposedly tell people apart based on e.g. how they type or what their click patterns are, and it seems like this would lend itself nicely to the detecting-bots problem.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    I'm guessing they have purchased/downloaded all the available bots themselves and have modeled their behavior, and then compared that (automatically) to the behavior of real humans, and have been able to detect some subtle difference that they're keeping secret for obvious reasons. Years ago it would have been as obvious as "drops 200 troops at one time"; now it's probably something subtle like "only taps on even milliseconds" (probably not that one, but something like it). There's "fingerprinting" technology that can supposedly tell people apart based on e.g. how they type or what their click patterns are, and it seems like this would lend itself nicely to the detecting-bots problem.
    i guess every human (at least i do it) taps on his buildings to see upgrades options, taps on builder icon to see upgrade suggestions. Not sure emulators do this, those probably "know" exactly what to upgrade..

In past week i was so bored with upgrading one of my th11 mini accounts i actually started to upgrade by alphabet, all 5 builders work on building starting with "A":
    air defense
    archer tower
    archer queen
    air sweeper
    army camp
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

I have few points about.
    I will stay with the most important: BOT should not be allowed in any form.

With that said:
    - Bots don't hurt the core game for others players and don't hurt SC business.
    In fact I believe there are botters that spend a large amount of money in the game (you can't bot upgrade times and only with few exceptions, no one buys resources using money).

- Because of above point, releasing a grace period makes sense to me. It's like: "We know what you have been doing, just stop. We still want you as a player". More players means more potential money to SC business. Smart move.

- And come on guys, any one with software engineering skills can think in several ways to prevent and identify bots. I believe SC knows exactly how much cost to implement it and how much revenue would be impacted banning players. Bots are there for years, maybe the balance between "cost vs revenue vs ingame statistics" makes now a good moment to implement it.

EASIER FIX TO BOT:
    Think about legend league 8 attacks per day rule.
    SC already has the coding to fix the bot, it just need to implement it across all trophy levels.
    Personally, as a casual player, I would love having it on Champions league just to avoid the endless nexting with guaranteed loot (adjusted loot for each trophy level, of course).
    SuperCell, an 2 stars attack company.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperR0ck View Post
    I have few points about.
    I will stay with the most important: BOT should not be allowed in any form.

With that said:
    - Bots don't hurt SC business.
    In fact I believe there are botters that spend a large amount of money in the game (you can't bot upgrade times and only with few exceptions, no one buys resources using money).

-

- maybe the balance between "cost vs revenue vs ingame statistics" makes now a good moment to implement it.

EASIER FIX TO BOT:
    Think about legend league 8 attacks per day rule.
    SC already has the coding to fix the bot, it just need to implement it across all trophy levels.
    Personally, as a casual player, I would love having it on Champions league just to avoid the endless nexting with guaranteed loot (adjusted loot for each trophy level, of course).
    point 1 and 3 are a direct contradiction. also thats a horrible suggestion for someone who wants to farm so they can upgrade? u wanna cut out farming?? youll lose all clientele in a month

Go to youtube and look at the views for the last 24 hours, powerbang has more views than the entire clash community- thats an easily proven fact that you can check for yourself!

And yes it is just another nail..They killed the casual players in dec '15, they killed off engineers, they killed rushers, they killed youtubers, they killed the streamers, they killed modders and now botters. The games been on a steady downward slope since the dec '15 update, this is just another hammerblow

P.S. Im happy theyre wiping out botting but its at least 5 years too late like everything supercell does, anybody whose been botting already have like 10 maxed out accounts and theyre not going to be punished
    Why would I need to go to youtube to disprove the claim that 580k exceeds the entire clash community? I already know that claim is false, which is why I pointed it out as false.

The claim of a steady downward path since 2015 is also wrong. It has had some ups and downs. Considering how long the game has been going, I think it is doing great. We just received some real end game content, league wars are fairly new, Th13 is just around the corner, etc. The game has been one of the top grossing games of the year. It is still doing great.

I do agree the response to botting took too long and I also think they shouldn't have warned players to make it easy on them to keep their cheater accounts.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #130
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperR0ck View Post
    With that said:
    - Bots don't hurt the core game for others players and don't hurt SC business.
    That's a naive and incorrect point of view. As we should all be well aware, there were massive clouds in the higher leagues due to a lopsided ratio of players actively attacking vs. those available to be attacked. Players complained about it for years and Supercell spent a huge amount of resources reworking the Legend League to overcome those issues. Even if just one bot were in that group, actively attacking, preventing attacks while its owner was off doing something else, it had an impact and hurt the community. We'll never know how many of them there are/were, but the announcement would appear to suggest there was more than one. Now that the Legend League has been revamped (at Supercell's expense), players are experiencing increased wait times and clouding in lower leagues, where players aren't guaranteed 8 attacks a day and have to compete with others for available bases. We all signed up to compete against other players, not automated programs.

If a bot attacks a village and that village is no longer available for you to attack, does it affect you? Yes. If a bot attacks a village, steals its resources and removes those resources from the available pool for you to add to your village, does it affect you? Yes. If a player becomes frustrated due to cheaters and quits playing or starts cheating himself, does it affect you? Yes. And if Supercell had to spend even one minute combating those who cheat the game and steal from the community instead of adding great new content, does it affect them, and does it affect you? Of course it does.

People compete with automated bots alls the time and they end up paying the costs themselves. If you think it isn't costing you anything, you're missing the big picture. Email bots account for more than 3/4 of all email traffic and cost companies hundreds of billions of dollars annually. There were over 48 billion robocalls made last year alone (and don't we all love receiving those), it's estimated that 40% of all traffic to ticket agency sites are bots, and bot-driven ad fraud costs companies $7 billion annually. Bots are ruining people's experiences everywhere and I, for one, am glad Supercell has found a way to do something about it, at least in our little corner of the universe.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 655 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy