Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    I was talking about maxing the gold and elixir loot counters (those cap at 2 billions, 2^31-1). have you maxed those too, before the th12 wall grind? interesting.
    lol! I have never used a bot, never wanted to. I hit those 2M caps as right after I became TH 10, a few years ago. And neither did I have a "wall grind" at TH 12. I simply played often! I actively managed my builds, did not delay walls till end like many do, I upgraded walls while progressing to manage builders and resource consumption, so through the years my builders stayed active and resources stayed in check. (I did not have to stop raiding for days since builders were busy and stores full, never allowed that to happen, which then kept me raiding, nonstop!)

Even before we could attack through the shield, I raided constantly! Often, even as a low TH, I intentionally gave up my shield immediately so I could raid!

Do not assume that everyone has played the way that you have over the years. Some of us played very differently, with out ever cheating or bot use, which yielded very different results.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    lol! I have never used a bot, never wanted to. I hit those 2M caps as right after I became TH 10, a few years ago. And neither did I have a "wall grind" at TH 12. I simply played often! I actively manged my builds, did not delay walls till end like many do, I upgraded walls while progressing to manage builders and resource consumption, so through the years my builders stayed active and resources stayed in check. (I did not have to stop raiding for days since builders were busy and stores full, never allowed that to happen, which then kept me raiding, nonstop!)

Even before we could attack through the shield, I raided constantly! Often, even as a low TH, I intentionally gave up my shield immediately so I could raid!

Do not assume that everyone has played the way that you have over the years. Some of us played very differently, with out ever cheating or bot use, which yielded very different results.
    Thought I was reading my own post there. Perfectly described me. GG rowman

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    lol! I have never used a bot, never wanted to. I hit those 2M caps as right after I became TH 10, a few years ago. And neither did I have a "wall grind" at TH 12. I simply played often! I actively managed my builds, did not delay walls till end like many do, I upgraded walls while progressing to manage builders and resource consumption, so through the years my builders stayed active and resources stayed in check. (I did not have to stop raiding for days since builders were busy and stores full, never allowed that to happen, which then kept me raiding, nonstop!)

Exactly my story as well.

It is pretty obvious that conspiracy theory eitiel has no interest in hearing any answer that challenges his narrow world view that has botters lurking in every shadow. I say feeding time is over.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:14 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBrianBoru View Post
    Instead of talking about bots , how about the 800+ fwa clans hoovering up players . Look at all the high level clans half empty now. Global is dead except for norsk . 800 x 50 players is alot of players just war farming . Something to think about .
    You have moved onto a play style mate.
    Something that has come up on numerous occasions, and appears to be okay in the eyes of SC.

But even if they forced them to shut up shop, what would your clan, or indeed any clan, gain from recruiting these players?
    Their play style and mind set are totally different to anyone that enjoys competition.

Is it not better to simply leave them to enjoy their game?

I was talking about maxing the gold and elixir loot counters (those cap at 2 billions, 2^31-1). have you maxed those too, before the th12 wall grind? interesting.

About the silent farmer, I'm referring to direct questions in chat, or (lack of) troop donations from someone who's extremely active.

It seems to me that you want to support the arguments botters use, or that you have never had a botter in your clan.
    Mate.. My sincere apologies.. Was not meaning to offend, so holding out an olive branch..

For your, and anyone else's peace of mind.. The Witchfinder General statement was in reference to using stereotypes..
    A trip thru history.. They used stereotypical behaviour to determine as to whether the accused was indeed a witch.. and history is littered with atrocities caused by the same thing.

To answer the question "Is my gold and elixir fully maxed before th12".. No it isnt, but it sure will be.. Maybe even at th6, 7 or 8, the way I am constructing my accounts on some.. I lose far more to raids than I use on upgrades.. so only time will tell mate.

As to whether i have ever been in a clan with botters.. Dont know, as I havent asked.. I know there are no botters in my present clan, as it is only me.. And, in general, some people request, some dont.. Some people donate, some dont.. No link to botting there.

Not sure why I appear to be condoning or supporting them in any way.. I am fine with them avoiding the ban if they cleaned up their act since the message came out.. And I also think only the guilty should be banned, rather than anyone that simply fits a pre determined style or build (stereotype).

I am active, but use several accounts. I have never requested troops outside of war, and would often ignore the silly requests, or those that request non stop.. But I have never botted.. Engineered a lot, but never bots or mods.

But stay happy, and apologies for any unintended offence. (Apologies in advance for any future difference of opinions or reference too)

Fresh Spawn
    After five weeks, SC has done nothing except an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Yeah mate.. It is a start..
    Dear help and support, today I was attacked from the edge of my base.. Please run a check..

God help anyone with a lost account, whilst support wades through thousands of suspected bot attacks..
    Its maybe best if you let SC come up with some ideas mate.
    A little dismissive, don't you think?

At any rate, I have no delusions of grandeur, I'm sure SC is more capable of handling it than I am. I was more responding to the general tone of "they can't do anything about it" posts. I'm just positing one approach you might take to fix the problem. I'm sure there are others.

Do you think support isn't getting thousands of requests now about suspected bot attacks?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    A little dismissive, don't you think?

At any rate, I have no delusions of grandeur, I'm sure SC is more capable of handling it than I am. I was more responding to the general tone of "they can't do anything about it" posts. I'm just positing one approach you might take to fix the problem. I'm sure there are others.

Do you think support isn't getting thousands of requests now about suspected bot attacks?
    i would think factual, or simply allowing them to get on with their day, rather than being dismissive.

SC has a small workforce.. They contract out the support side of the game AFAIK.
    Those working in support, are likely to have access to cut and paste answers, pertaining to customers contact and needs.
    If they were to compose answers as they work thru the list, they would first of all have to be high level players, in order to be able to come up with answers, or even understand the query, and also be mob handed, since time constraints would be involved.

Indeed, many game related issues simply get directed to the community forum, with the premise that it will be fixed there.
    Imagine fresh spawns surprise when they post, and are answered by players instead of SC.

But, I would agree that they will be swamped with all sorts of "game problems", from botting, to AI, and goodness knows what else folk like to complain about.
    I would think that solving someones inability to actually play the game would come first tho.

So manual checks would be a bind to them.. hence why an automated system needs to be running in the background.
    So not being dismissive, simply keeping it real.. And I agree, they can and should do something about it.

[WITCHFINDER GENERAL] Still getting attacked. Same old gibarch last night, didn't get much loot, pretty worthless attack. Attack from the edges on all 4 sides. Once my defence had wiped out all his troops, the usual long pause before my de drills got zapped. He's still online. I can only think they've built a city somewhere with millions of these players all taught the same attack. They probably flooded a valley building a dam to power all of their computers. The inhabitants must also be highly resistant to sleep deprivation [/WITCHFINDER GENERAL]

These are from before OBS, I was trying to drop from legends using an FWA like base. It was a player pushing trophies using a bot, in legends.

Attachment 213616
    Attachment 213617

He hasn't been banned (yet). I'll start collecting sceenshots of gibarchs against my th9 today, let's see.
    *Puts witch finder hat on*
    Have a go at this. Remove all defences from one side. Fill the spaces with collectors and storages from the rest of the base. Makes only one side worth attacking right? No. He still has an equally spread attack across all 4 sides. These superhuman players are not the sharpest tools in the box
    *Removes witch finder hat*

Quote Originally Posted by LennyI View Post
    *Puts witch finder hat on*
    Have a go at this. Remove all defences from one side. Fill the spaces with collectors and storages from the rest of the base. Makes only one side worth attacking right? No. He still has an equally spread attack across all 4 sides. These superhuman players are not the sharpest tools in the box
    *Removes witch finder hat*
    The spell placements though are the questionable item. Was either a bot, or a very inebriated player.