Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by k3rnelp View Post
    ROTFL.....you are really funny...

SC talk about bot system for farming/rush cups....

You don't know what i talk?

A program that play without physically tap a button.
    For someone constantly belting out broken English here I think its bold of you to laugh at someone asking a legit question.

Fresh Spawn
    The game needs to have better match making with multiplayer and wars

EXCUSE ME! !!!!
    Can someone explain what's this "bot "?

Short for robot?

Quote Originally Posted by ClashPirate View Post
    EXCUSE ME! !!!!
    Can someone explain what's this "bot "?

Short for robot?
    It is an automated tool that plays the game for you. It can do things like collect resources and simple attacks. Keeps your base online and gets you resources while you do other stuff. Definitely lame. And worthy of the ban hammer.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by luomo View Post
    I admit that the robot software is not fair to other COC players, because the robot software can help you get full storage of elixir, gold and even dark elixir in several hours. But do you think about why there're so many robots? Because of the incredible dark elixir needs for the Archer Queen and the impossible consumption of wall upgraded, many players choose robot.

I know many players think we can spend more time on doing these things. We can use a year or even two years to achieve TH10 or 11. COC is not a fast food game, players are willing to spend lots of time on operating their own villages.

But the environment of COC change. Every players want to participate CWL every month. Then they find that the TH9,10 have to attack the TH12 opponent. They can't get in to CWL with their clans or with their friends because of the high Clan War League. So more and more players can't wait for slow upgrade. They have to be more powerful and to be TH12.

The fast upgrade brings the problem of the lack of resources. Gold, elixir to upgrade walls and dark elixir to upgrade the king and queen. So there's more and more robots.

As a player, I think SC makes the CWL more and more important in COC. It's an excellent point for this game, but it also brings some problems. The problem of robot software is just the surface phenomenon. It's not the real and key problem. I agree and support SC's action for fair. I hope you can deal with the key problem of the large resources consumption or the problem of CWL mentioned above.
    I went from 500, 000 elixir to 6,000,000 in 4 hours using minion and bowler farming.
    Will I be suspected for using bots when I didn't?
    I feel really bad for the innocent who will suffer from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    It is an automated tool that plays the game for you. It can do things like collect resources and simple attacks. Keeps your base online and gets you resources while you do other stuff. Definitely lame. And worthy of the ban hammer.
    You mean some kind of software?
    Ah, quite understandable

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by luomo View Post
    I admit that the robot software is not fair to other COC players, because the robot software can help you get full storage of elixir, gold and even dark elixir in several hours. But do you think about why there're so many robots? Because of the incredible dark elixir needs for the Archer Queen and the impossible consumption of wall upgraded, many players choose robot.

I know many players think we can spend more time on doing these things. We can use a year or even two years to achieve TH10 or 11. COC is not a fast food game, players are willing to spend lots of time on operating their own villages.

But the environment of COC change. Every players want to participate CWL every month. Then they find that the TH9,10 have to attack the TH12 opponent. They can't get in to CWL with their clans or with their friends because of the high Clan War League. So more and more players can't wait for slow upgrade. They have to be more powerful and to be TH12.

The fast upgrade brings the problem of the lack of resources. Gold, elixir to upgrade walls and dark elixir to upgrade the king and queen. So there's more and more robots.

As a player, I think SC makes the CWL more and more important in COC. It's an excellent point for this game, but it also brings some problems. The problem of robot software is just the surface phenomenon. It's not the real and key problem. I agree and support SC's action for fair. I hope you can deal with the key problem of the large resources consumption or the problem of CWL mentioned above.
    Why make excuses for people cheating?.
    Sure, everybody finds the higher halls resource thirsty. It is what it is.
    For those that cant farm quickly enough, then buying a few gems helps keep the servers open.
    But 3rd party software should always receive a ban. It is giving unfair advantage over legit players, as well as putting your account at risk.. what would the wife think, if she knew someone, somewhere, had access to your device and account, which will likely also carry bank details.

i dont know why cwl always gets brought into discussions in a negative tone, or why everyone thinks you must be a 12 to do cwl?
    Sure, bigger is better, but cwl can be enjoyed at any mid level in a mixed hall environment.
    It doesnt matter how big you are, eventually you will be winning around half the time, but obviously the heavier and more skilful the clan, the higher the tier.
    At the end of the day, being in masters or being in gold is simply counted in medals. There are thousands of clans that are better, whichever tier you are in below Champs, so would be better to simply relax and enjoy it rather than stress over not being a 12.

Kudos to SC for swinging the axe against more cheats tho.

i think a ban for those who use it now is not enough. if retroactive action wont be made people will just continue to do it.
    Just an example (exactly as they did with mods):
    1) create a burner
    2) run bot on it
    3) if you are not banned in a week run bot on main, else repeat from step #1 with other bot

its a cat and mouse thing and as long as punishment wont be hard enough people will continue to cheat.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

Someone I know (online friend so I donít know him in real life) is using this similar bot system. He encouraged me before but I simply said no. It was last year though. I donít know if this recent ban wave will affect his gaming. Shall I report it to SC support or not?
    I do not have concrete evidence but I can screenshot old messages from group chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Petgoat View Post
    Someone I know (online friend so I don’t know him in real life) is using this similar bot system. He encouraged me before but I simply said no. It was last year though. I don’t know if this recent ban wave will affect his gaming. Shall I report it to SC support or not?
    I do not have concrete evidence but I can screenshot old messages from group chat.
    it was last year and you can still screenshot it from chat?? this gives "active" a whole new dimension...
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us