Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by Himewad View Post
    Did anyone else see this in-game announcement and think, “ummmm ... didn’t they already do this a couple of years ago?” Seems like they just have a new way to identify bots is all. Personally, I don’t think people don’t need “a few weeks” to implement fully before banning begins. People know if they are cheating or not. Just ban their.
    You're thinking about modding which is different than botting is in a lot of regards.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:50 PM.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Glad supercell came up with this fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Of course they reside on the device. There is no way they could work otherwise.
    Sent you a PM with more detail. As a software developer I was interested to see what it was they were doing. It appears the bots work based on some sort of pattern recognition. The bot itself runs on a PC that then runs an emulated instance of Android. Supercell, could possibly detect that COC is running on an emulator, but that alone is not against TOS, I don't believe. Therefore banning based on that would be problematic it best. I personally use emulators occasionally to play on a big screen.

My guess is the engineers at SC have downloaded and installed all these bots - or at least the most popular ones and logged the behavior of each one. Conceivably there could be some sort of signature that's distinct across use of each bot that's very rare outside the use of that bot. You then look for accounts repeatedly displaying that pattern of behavior.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:09 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    You're thinking about modding which is different than botting is in a lot of regards.
    I know the difference, but I was under the impression that SC cracked down on bots, as well. A long time ago.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Great job sc. Ban them.

The warning is a bit weird though. I guess it will cause less complaints and less headaches. While it is not the best to get all the botters, it gives sc an extra I told you so if people try to argue.

While botters did not break core game mechanics, they did hurt the game. The people who next for hours looking for good loot dont want it to be stolen by someone who pressed go on a program.

Quote Originally Posted by Himewad View Post
    Did anyone else see this in-game announcement and think, “ummmm ... didn’t they already do this a couple of years ago?” Seems like they just have a new way to identify bots is all. Personally, I don’t think people need “a few weeks” to implement fully before banning begins. People know if they are cheating or not. Just ban their butts.
    They banned bots/mods thst manipulated the game files. I assume this ban will be for the ones running on emulators.

What date will the "several week" grace period end... I need to know when to stop boting.

Exact date please...🙄

Also will this mean more dead bases to raid?
    I'm guessing yes 😁

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinwhit View Post
    Great job sc. Ban them.

The warning is a bit weird though. I guess it will cause less complaints and less headaches. While it is not the best to get all the botters, it gives sc an extra I told you so if people try to argue.
    Won't matter one ounce. When they banned the modders after warnings the tears shed in here the following weeks could have filled the ocean.

Looking forward to it again.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieFogg View Post
    They banned bots/mods thst manipulated the game files. I assume this ban will be for the ones running on emulators.
    I mean, I hope they tell us if they are banning emulators outright. They aren't supported, but previously haven't been illegal to use.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by zok000 View Post
    What date will the "several week" grace period end... I need to know when to stop boting.

Exact date please...
    If I were a botter, I would heed the in game warning and stop botting immediately and hope the bot app I use or used didn't modify Supercell's game files. If I "use or take part (directly or indirectly) in the use of cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Supercell game or any Supercell game experience...," I must expect the Psychic Octopus to respond vigorously and hunt me down sooner than later. https://supercell.com/en/terms-of-service/,

But I'm not a botter so I don't need to lose sleep and worry about Supercell sending me to banned camp.

---
    Lynn
    July 19, 2019
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:21 AM.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread