Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Am I missimg something, where is this announcement?
    Nevermind, 2 paragraphs in the useless News section in game...
    Shows what they think of the forums

Would think putting it in the news section on the game, with big red ! For all the players to see when they log on, would be much more important than in a small sub community, such as this forum lol

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Am I missimg something, where is this announcement?
    Nevermind, 2 paragraphs in the useless News section in game...
    Shows what they think of the forums
    That they know that the people of the forums arenít using bots, so no need to explicitly let them know? That the people of the forum are also generally more avid players so will see that area before long?
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Maybe while SC is encouraging fair play, they should target self-match clans too...

https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1824979-Self-Match-Clans-A-loophole-left-unchecked

They will target botters but will leave self-match clans unchecked for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    unbelievable, it never ceases to amaze me the distance people will go to cheat. I would like to think this has gotten some attention and is being worked on in the background.

again, I am so naive.......
    I would like to see it get some attention, it has been more than a month since I put it all together in a little package but no response from SC staff. An acknowledgement from Darian would be nice, then I atleast know that they have seen it.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyRay View Post
    Would think putting it in the news section on the game, with big red ! For all the players to see when they log on, would be much more important than in a small sub community, such as this forum lol
    So this would be the same useless news section which is more often links to Clasharama, links to non-supercell videos and results of wars. So junk? Yup
    You wonder why people don't see junk they don't look in the Junk section.

When I get the [i], I open events see if it is an event and close it.

If they want people to take the news section seriously, they could stop posting garbage in it...

My point was more that there was nothing at all on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by jemclash View Post
    My call for Supercell is to go after the source of the bot rather that punishing the user of it . Because I believe if there is No Bot Nobody can use it. You have done it before why go again with the user? Dont be so drastic with your user. and its not a fairplay
    How do you propose SC go after the source? Bot software creators are shady outfits in places where law enforcement isn't very cooperative in helping western companies sue companies that break their ToS. SC would be playing an endless game of whack-a-mole, trying to track them down.

Unlike drug addiction, botting is very much a choice on the part of the user. They're giving ample warning to cease & desist. There's no defense here.
    Leader of Bellum Tigers #2CR0QQC
    Expert Goblin Butterknife Attacker

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefTuk View Post
    How do you propose SC go after the source? Bot software creators are shady outfits in places where law enforcement isn't very cooperative in helping western companies sue companies that break their ToS. SC would be playing an endless game of whack-a-mole, trying to track them down.

Unlike drug addiction, botting is very much a choice on the part of the user. They're giving ample warning to cease & desist. There's no defense here.
    So if Supercell is giving a 2 weeks grace period, why did a certain engineered clan have all of their TH12's banned today?
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #77
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    So if Supercell is giving a 2 weeks grace period, why did a certain engineered clan have all of their TH12's banned today?
    Who knows? Maybe it has nothing to do with this announcement at all, but we're not going to speculate on someone else's ban in this thread.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 655 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I take it then you have a proposal for how to definitively identify those who have done it in the past?
    I took the SC release to mean that they already know who is botting and they're choosing to give them a chance to clean up their act. I am admittedly reading well between the lines on that.

Also, they may have already banned the most severe botters, based on some of the posts we're getting here, and are giving the more casual botters a bit of a pass. Again, a total guess on my part.

Well, the graceperiod might as well simply state, right now they are checking it the manual way (you know, actual human checking data and stuff - hence the bans from certain ppl) and after that period, the automated system might be ready to take over.

But well, why they are anouncing it beforehands will be their secret. Maybe to warn those naive, curious botter that just recently found it and is testing it now, or something like that.
    Well, during my time as supporter in another MMO, I was a tad harder to those modders/botters... Who am I kidding? I'd say, crush them without any warning, make their phone tear itself apart and burn it to dust. But... that's me and my personal war against such 'subjects'.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefTuk View Post

based on the research I've done, the bots I've seen don't even run on the device (or Virtual Machine or OS) that is running clash. it would be a long stretch for SC to be able to sue someone for simply writing a piece of software. we're not talking about breaking laws we're talking about violating TOS. Any attempt to go after someone for writing a piece of software that is not violating any law would be problematic at best, and really a huge waste of resources. further, writing software is not and can not be against the TOS. Ban the users who are the ones to blame, AND are the ones actually violating the TOS. This makes the most sense any way you look at it.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:22 PM.