Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    That's a naive and incorrect point of view. As we should all be well aware, there were massive clouds in the higher leagues due to a lopsided ratio of players actively attacking vs. those available to be attacked. Players complained about it for years and Supercell spent a huge amount of resources reworking the Legend League to overcome those issues. Even if just one bot were in that group, actively attacking, preventing attacks while its owner was off doing something else, it had an impact and hurt the community. We'll never know how many of them there are/were, but the announcement would appear to suggest there was more than one. Now that the Legend League has been revamped (at Supercell's expense), players are experiencing increased wait times and clouding in lower leagues, where players aren't guaranteed 8 attacks a day and have to compete with others for available bases. We all signed up to compete against other players, not automated programs.

If a bot attacks a village and that village is no longer available for you to attack, does it affect you? Yes. If a bot attacks a village, steals its resources and removes those resources from the available pool for you to add to your village, does it affect you? Yes. If a player becomes frustrated due to cheaters and quits playing or starts cheating himself, does it affect you? Yes. And if Supercell had to spend even one minute combating those who cheat the game and steal from the community instead of adding great new content, does it affect them, and does it affect you? Of course it does.

People compete with automated bots alls the time and they end up paying the costs themselves. If you think it isn't costing you anything, you're missing the big picture. Email bots account for more than 3/4 of all email traffic and cost companies hundreds of billions of dollars annually. There were over 48 billion robocalls made last year alone (and don't we all love receiving those), it's estimated that 40% of all traffic to ticket agency sites are bots, and bot-driven ad fraud costs companies $7 billion annually. Bots are ruining people's experiences everywhere and I, for one, am glad Supercell has found a way to do something about it, at least in our little corner of the universe.
    Well said and it also is important to remember this is a fun game we play for entertainment and for many that includes achievements. Yeah, they are meaningless, but that is sort of the point. Maybe it is exp level, or donations, or whatever, but those achievements mean less (to some) when others out there blow them out of the water with bot play. Bots also have helped fuel the black market sale of accounts, which also is against the terms of service. In addition to clouds, they impact available loot for others that are attacking and raiding legitimately.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:40 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

I think we need to split issues here.

Clouds
    Do you really think bots are the cause for clouds? Wait, really?
    So why delivery Operation Blue Sky solution? Would be easier just fix the bot issue.
    No, sorry, but I don't buy it.

BOT in low leagues
    I personally don't care. There are tons of bases.
    If people are starting to get clouds in low leagues is because of the dead base availability settings in SC servers. I have a mini CV10 account that is attacked once a day or two (if I logon on it, otherwise is 4 or 5 days to be attacked).
    Boy situation exists for years and we are here, I'm pure confident to say that bots are not that harmful.

And no, your correlation with regular industry bots are just wrong.
    Bot-players in CoC are potentially costumers that may generate revenue.

We will never know for sure, but SC would not takes years to fix an issue that causes that much harm as you mentioned.

You called me naive for sharing points of view that justify the delayed definitive solution.
    I call you naive for believe the SC doesn't have its own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    That's a naive and incorrect point of view. As we should all be well aware, there were massive clouds in the higher leagues due to a lopsided ratio of players actively attacking vs. those available to be attacked. Players complained about it for years and Supercell spent a huge amount of resources reworking the Legend League to overcome those issues. Even if just one bot were in that group, actively attacking, preventing attacks while its owner was off doing something else, it had an impact and hurt the community. We'll never know how many of them there are/were, but the announcement would appear to suggest there was more than one. Now that the Legend League has been revamped (at Supercell's expense), players are experiencing increased wait times and clouding in lower leagues, where players aren't guaranteed 8 attacks a day and have to compete with others for available bases. We all signed up to compete against other players, not automated programs.

If a bot attacks a village and that village is no longer available for you to attack, does it affect you? Yes. If a bot attacks a village, steals its resources and removes those resources from the available pool for you to add to your village, does it affect you? Yes. If a player becomes frustrated due to cheaters and quits playing or starts cheating himself, does it affect you? Yes. And if Supercell had to spend even one minute combating those who cheat the game and steal from the community instead of adding great new content, does it affect them, and does it affect you? Of course it does.

People compete with automated bots alls the time and they end up paying the costs themselves. If you think it isn't costing you anything, you're missing the big picture. Email bots account for more than 3/4 of all email traffic and cost companies hundreds of billions of dollars annually. There were over 48 billion robocalls made last year alone (and don't we all love receiving those), it's estimated that 40% of all traffic to ticket agency sites are bots, and bot-driven ad fraud costs companies $7 billion annually. Bots are ruining people's experiences everywhere and I, for one, am glad Supercell has found a way to do something about it, at least in our little corner of the universe.
    SuperCell, an 2 stars attack company.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperR0ck View Post

Clouds
    So why delivery Operation Blue Sky solution? Would be easier just fix the bot issue.

BOT in low leagues
    If people are starting to get clouds in low leagues is because of the dead base availability settings in SC servers. I have a mini CV10 account that is attacked once a day or two (if I logon on it, otherwise is 4 or 5 days to be attacked).
    Boy situation exists for years and we are here, I'm pure confident to say that bots are not that harmful.

We will never know for sure, but SC would not takes years to fix an issue that causes that much harm as you mentioned.

You called me naive for sharing points of view that justify the delayed definitive solution.
    Bottom line it is cheating and against the TOS. Quite frankly i am glad they will drop the ban. Hopefully they do the same for scammers and account sharers.

BOT in low leagues

Bots are fundamentally meaning it is harder to make loot in lower leagues.
    Bots take easy loot.
    So how could there not be less easy loot at lower leagues?

Lets say there are 1000 bases in your trophy range that are less active with full storages and collectors.
    Bots raid 500 of them.
    There are now half as many great loot bases for you to find.
    So you find less loot, OR you next longer.

Bots fundamentally make the game worse.

Also this isn't the first time Supercell have taken aim at cheats, they're just announcing that they are doing it now/again.

I call you naive for believing anyone who doesn't have a problem with bots doesn't have their own agenda.
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:05 PM.

Agreed. That was my first statement.

I'm just saying things are not always clear as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by mjuice View Post
    Bottom line it is cheating and against the TOS. Quite frankly i am glad they will drop the ban. Hopefully they do the same for scammers and account sharers.
    SuperCell, an 2 stars attack company.

Clouds

BOT in low leagues

No one has said bots are THE cause for clouds, but they definitely made clouds worse. High player activity, whether it be due to a great event with a good reward or whether it be due to bots playing 24 hours per day, cause clouds.

No one suggested removing bots would remove clouds and make OBS unnecessary.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Yeah, agree, cheating is not a good thing. In the same breath, meeting high end TH11's engineerd accounts without X-Bows or Eagle's are far more worse,because, no-one can build such bases anymore. That also clasified as cheating the MM.?

simply put...... the use of anything that alters a game from it’s original intent is cheating and should not be allowed period, doesn’t matter if it is for attacking/farming etc because it’s altered the game to create some form of an advantage for the user and therefore should not be permitted.

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

Quote Originally Posted by Herries View Post
    Yeah, agree, cheating is not a good thing. In the same breath, meeting high end TH11's engineerd accounts without X-Bows or Eagle's are far more worse,because, no-one can build such bases anymore. That also clasified as cheating the MM.?
    Don't really agree with this. It is not cheating because it is (or was) allowed in game. They have tried to curtail it with CWL. Those bases give up an easy 3 star to them possibly getting a 2 star on a TH12. In CWL every star counts so the teams with this are already -1 most likely.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #140
    Quote Originally Posted by anyname1 View Post
    Go to youtube and look at the views for the last 24 hours, powerbang has more views than the entire clash community- thats an easily proven fact that you can check for yourself!
    No it isn't. To prove it, you would have to first find all the hundreds of you tubers making clash videos, and add up all of their views. I am certain you would be proved wrong.

I just did a VERY quick search, and stopped counting at about 120 clash videos released today only. There were 20+ of those which already had 5k+ views. Go back a couple of weeks, and there are dozens with over 100k views.

And yes it is just another nail..
    It isn't even a minor indicator, never mind remotely any sort of "nail in the coffin". And since ther have been no previous nails in any sogcalled coffin of a very much alive game, it isn't possible for it to be "another".

They killed the casual players in dec '15,
    That is so far wrong it is the opposite of the truth. They significantly improved the game for most casual players.

they killed off engineers,
    Wrong again, although they have certainly significantly reduced their advantage, to the extent many have stopped. This is the closest to true of all your claimsm

they killed rushers,
    Again, the exact opposite is true.

With CWL they deliberately and consciously encouraged rushing.

they killed youtubers, they killed the streamers,
    I don't have the faintest conception of why you might believe either of those ridiculous claims.

they killed modders and now botters.
    That is of course a VERY good thing, and absolutely not any sort of indicator of a declining game.

The games been on a steady downward slope since the dec '15 update, this is just another hammerblow

P.S. Im happy theyre wiping out botting but its at least 5 years too late like everything supercell does, anybody whose been botting already have like 10 maxed out accounts and theyre not going to be punished
    The game is no more dead or dying than it has been at any other time in the last 7 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)