Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Quote Originally Posted by etdawg View Post
    i took several days off but im back raiding 24-7
    You are allowed to raid 24/7 my friend as long as you are doing it in a legal way.So clash on.👍
    Last edited by junaidd123; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by junaidd123 View Post
    You are allowed to raid 24/7 my friend as long as you are doing it in a legal way.So clash on.👍
    Minus the mandatory personal breaks.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by zok000 View Post
    Minus the mandatory personal breaks.
    In legend league it is possible nowadays to stay online 24/7... theoretical
    TH12 (51/62/31) TH11 (50/50/20)
    TH10 (22/30/ -) TH9 (13/15/ -)

Quote Originally Posted by ZionWhiteRabbit View Post
    In legend league it is possible nowadays to stay online 24/7... theoretical
    Have not been to legend's... Did not know there were no personal break up there. I'm a little surprised about it to.

Thanks for the info. 👍

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zok000 View Post
    Have not been to legend's... Did not know there were no personal break up there. I'm a little surprised about it to.

Thanks for the info. 👍
    No PBT however 8 attacks per day limits playtime anyway

Botters saying they spend any money in the game is just ridicolous. they spend electricity to keep their pc's running, but definitely don't need to spend a dime on the game.

Ever seen some base with maxed walls and low defenses? in my opinion those are 90% bots. or the now impossible to replicate defenseless accounts? same thing.

I'd like supercell to get rid of bots, and I've reported a bunch of those "human like but exactly the same deployment" gibarch (12/40/130) or scripted (exactly the same deployment) edrags attacks, but none have been banned.

I can post screenshots from bot attacks against my max th9 in gold. exactly the same troop composition and deployment is the proof. and google has botting websites with randomized human-like attacks, so yes, there are "smart" bots.

Oh, and the really easy way to spot botters is seeing how many attacks (victories) they get every day.
    Last edited by eitiel; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    Botters saying they spend any money in the game is just ridicolous. they spend electricity to keep their pc's running, but definitely don't need to spend a dime on the game.

Ever seen some base with maxed walls and low defenses? in my opinion those are 90% bots. or the now impossible to replicate defenseless accounts? same thing.

I'd like supercell to get rid of bots, and I've reported a bunch of those "human like but exactly the same deployment" gibarch (12/40/130) or scripted (exactly the same deployment) edrags attacks, but none have been banned.

I can post screenshots from bot attacks against my max th9 in gold. exactly the same troop composition and deployment is the proof. and google has botting websites with randomized human-like attacks, so yes, there are "smart" bots.

Oh, and the really easy way to spot botters is seeing how many attacks (victories) they get every day.
    I agree with you in that I want SC to get rid of bots. I also think SC never should have given a warning.

However, having had a max th10 defenseless account myself back in the day, I definitely disagree with the claim that it requires bots. It doesn’t.

It also isn’t so simple as to look at the profile to see the number of victories. As you noted, that does NOT show the number of attacks, it only shows the number of victories. There were times back in my farming days when my number of victories, let alone attacks, exceeded what players on these very forums would say were evidence of bots.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It also isn’t so simple as to look at the profile to see the number of victories. As you noted, that does NOT show the number of attacks, it only shows the number of victories. There were times back in my farming days when my number of victories, let alone attacks, exceeded what players on these very forums would say were evidence of bots.
    This is true, but it can always be a starting point.

Just as simple evidence such as an attack where GiBarch is launched all from the perimeter isn't alone proof of botting, but it can be a starting point.

If SC is serious, they can look at the top, say, 0.1% (or 1%, or 0.01%, or whatever they deem appropriate) of attackers in terms of attacks in the last month, looking specifically for a gap in number of attacks between the nth most prolific attacker and the (n+1)th most prolific attacker. This might indicate a limit of how often a human attacker can go. Now, on these accounts, you can look at their attacks, which, to SC are just data points as to what was deployed where and when. You can algorithmically compare these for similarity - which of course means you can create a tool that can make this check and create a similarity score quickly (quickly to compute that is, not necessarily quick and easy to create the program). In fact, with a bot attack, you'd find many to be precisely the same, which would be impossible for a human attacker.

Again, if SC is serious, they can give these tools to their support team, so when someone says "someone attacked me with GiBarch from the perimeter, and I think they might be a bot", the support person can quickly run the bot tool and say, "yep, this person made 1000s of attacks this month exactly the same way (or whatever threshold they set), it's a bot" and instantly perma-ban. Or, they can say "nope, their attacks all vary significantly, it's likely not a bot attack".

Of course, all this is IF SC is serious about eliminating botting, or if they're more interested in creating the perception they're doing something about the botting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    This is true, but it can always be a starting point.

Just as simple evidence such as an attack where GiBarch is launched all from the perimeter isn't alone proof of botting, but it can be a starting point.

If SC is serious, they can look at the top, say, 0.1% (or 1%, or 0.01%, or whatever they deem appropriate) of attackers in terms of attacks in the last month, looking specifically for a gap in number of attacks between the nth most prolific attacker and the (n+1)th most prolific attacker. This might indicate a limit of how often a human attacker can go. Now, on these accounts, you can look at their attacks, which, to SC are just data points as to what was deployed where and when. You can algorithmically compare these for similarity - which of course means you can create a tool that can make this check and create a similarity score quickly (quickly to compute that is, not necessarily quick and easy to create the program). In fact, with a bot attack, you'd find many to be precisely the same, which would be impossible for a human attacker.

Again, if SC is serious, they can give these tools to their support team, so when someone says "someone attacked me with GiBarch from the perimeter, and I think they might be a bot", the support person can quickly run the bot tool and say, "yep, this person made 1000s of attacks this month exactly the same way (or whatever threshold they set), it's a bot" and instantly perma-ban. Or, they can say "nope, their attacks all vary significantly, it's likely not a bot attack".

Of course, all this is IF SC is serious about eliminating botting, or if they're more interested in creating the perception they're doing something about the botting.
    But if they have a “bot tool” can’t they just run it on everyone and issue a ban wave?
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    But if they have a “bot tool” can’t they just run it on everyone and issue a ban wave?
    I suppose, it depends on how much computational power/time they want to throw at it. That would seem to be much more computationally intensive (read: expensive) to run it for millions of accounts looking back at their attacks, but I don't know the answer to that. I think it's easier to narrow down where the cheating is most likely to occur and attack it there.