Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragonD View Post
    it was last year and you can still screenshot it from chat?? this gives "active" a whole new dimension...
    Good group chats have persistence and search.

Quote Originally Posted by luomo View Post
    I admit that the robot software is not fair to other COC players, because the robot software can help you get full storage of elixir, gold and even dark elixir in several hours. But do you think about why there're so many robots? Because of the incredible dark elixir needs for the Archer Queen and the impossible consumption of wall upgraded, many players choose robot.

I know many players think we can spend more time on doing these things. We can use a year or even two years to achieve TH10 or 11. COC is not a fast food game, players are willing to spend lots of time on operating their own villages.

But the environment of COC change. Every players want to participate CWL every month. Then they find that the TH9,10 have to attack the TH12 opponent. They can't get in to CWL with their clans or with their friends because of the high Clan War League. So more and more players can't wait for slow upgrade. They have to be more powerful and to be TH12.

The fast upgrade brings the problem of the lack of resources. Gold, elixir to upgrade walls and dark elixir to upgrade the king and queen. So there's more and more robots.

As a player, I think SC makes the CWL more and more important in COC. It's an excellent point for this game, but it also brings some problems. The problem of robot software is just the surface phenomenon. It's not the real and key problem. I agree and support SC's action for fair. I hope you can deal with the key problem of the large resources consumption or the problem of CWL mentioned above.
    I have to disagree 100%. It is laziness. Whether it is the single player doing it or mass churning of accts for profit which someone looks to purchase instead of building their own, it's the result of someone wanting and acquiring what others spend hours building for little to no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    I have to disagree 100%. It is laziness. Whether it is the single player doing it or mass churning of accts for profit which someone looks to purchase instead of building their own, it's the result of someone wanting and acquiring what others spend hours building for little to no effort.
    completley agree and anyone trying to justify the need to cheat in this game.. well they are so wrong in so many ways

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

I have to say, tonight my mini got attacked by a player clearly using 3rd party software, so I did what any other player would do, and reported the player to supercell support. Along with a screenshot of the players profile, and a video posted to YouTube of the raid. It's disappointing to be told that the player is just multi-touching the screen, when blind freddy can see that it's clearly a bot. If supercell aren't going to take player reports seriously, or the use of this type of fair play or TOS abuse, what is the point in having a help and support network at all?

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1 View Post
    My opinion is not about using robot software is right or not. I just want to say there must be some reason why there're so many players using it.

Laziness must be the main reason. But there will also be the secondary reason. If COC doesn't have the problems I mentioned above ,which are also complained by players again and again, I believe there will be many players said"robot is needless" or "using robot affects my gaming experience. I will not using it."

My opinion is not about using robot software is right or not. I just want to say there must be some reason why there're so many players using it.

Laziness must be the main reason. But there will also be the secondary reason. If COC doesn't have the problems I mentioned above ,which are also complained by players again and again, I believe there will be many players said"robot is needless" or "using robot affects my gaming experience. I will not using it."
    Yes Laziness is a big part in this. Other reasons for people to use this is beyond me and no reason could be given to ever get a real clasher to actually say "I get why players cheat".

Other words could be used but i will stick to words that wont offend ..

any issues or concerns that a cheater has is shared by every other player in the clash community, yet we do not try to circumnavigate the issue, we just get on with it!

a few yeas ago i was vocal when the clash world was full of such people using software to cheat in war and i personally experienced a clan ghosting in war against us. SC did a great job then and i whole heartedly support their initiatives to remove such activity from the game.

As for why people cheat, i have my own views.. but i couldnt post it on here

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

i think a ban for those who use it now is not enough. if retroactive action wont be made people will just continue to do it.
    Just an example (exactly as they did with mods):
    1) create a burner
    2) run bot on it
    3) if you are not banned in a week run bot on main, else repeat from step #1 with other bot

its a cat and mouse thing and as long as punishment wont be hard enough people will continue to cheat.
    This is one reason why "ban waves" exist - they don't ban accounts as soon as they are detected cheating, they hold onto it for a period of time, and lay the hammer down on a whole lot of people at once. In your example, you risk losing your main as well as your burner.

Forum Elder
    i think a ban for those who use it now is not enough. if retroactive action wont be made people will just continue to do it.
    Just an example (exactly as they did with mods):
    1) create a burner
    2) run bot on it
    3) if you are not banned in a week run bot on main, else repeat from step #1 with other bot

its a cat and mouse thing and as long as punishment wont be hard enough people will continue to cheat.
    Then its best to have ban waves, same as they do with scripting, so any that choose to cheat will be caught with their main account.
    If the ban is permanent, then justice will have been done.
    They didnt spend the time building it, so burn it down.

Second (3rd, 4th, 5th, etc) accounts and selling accounts are big reasons for it.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

People cheat to gain something easier than to work for it. Or they cheat to make money. No matter the reason it is low down and insulting to the players who follow the rules and gain things the hard and honest way. I left a couple other on line games because rampant cheating was allowed, because it wasn’t financially in game makers concern to clean it up.

I applaud SC for cleaning up their game and helping the playing field to be level.