Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Enforcing Fairplay

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    I'm more concerned for the accounts that will get caught in the crossfire of this 'new' thing ... but we'll see.

I'm not holding my breath to be honest
    are you implying that some innocent accounts may also get banned wrongly? i doubt it cuz while most modding is done at high level gameplay, botting is done through out the game so if their(SC's) "octopus" is not designed with a good enough system & is flawed, then it may wrongfully detect many innocent accounts which would be a bad business move for SC if they banned those. thats why i think they hav a good enough detecting system & most likely they will recheck before perma banning.

detecting booting needs a more full proof system than detecting modding as modding affects a small amount of player base while botting affects almost entire coc player base.
    Last edited by arpithmania; July 17th, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    are you implying that some innocent accounts may also get banned wrongly?
    Yes I am wondering about that. Especially because in 99% of cases the banned account owner doesn't even get a chance to 'plea their case' or whatever it's called, in case it's not what is suspected....

Maybe while SC is encouraging fair play, they should target self-match clans too...

https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1824979-Self-Match-Clans-A-loophole-left-unchecked

They will target botters but will leave self-match clans unchecked for years.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; July 17th, 2019 at 06:03 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

is there anyway to mod the title of this thread? its really getting annoying

Quote Originally Posted by k3rnelp View Post
    Because a botters with a max townhall can be a good money spend users with the next update.....
    That argument didn't work for modders, nor for engineers... I really don't think SC cares about botters money... they're just giving players a chance to play fair and not be banned. With so much free magic items, I really see no reason for people to bot. Such a waste of electricity.
    Nothing here stays the same forever. You must learn to change as the game changes, or clash will force you one way or another.

Trainee

What are bots?

i saw that they will start banning bots on the in game news but I still don't understand how bots give advantages in any way can someone please explain please.

Quote Originally Posted by Academyjc View Post
    After years, it's nice to see SPC announce their actions against botters.
    Am I missimg something, where is this announcement?
    Nevermind, 2 paragraphs in the useless News section in game...
    Shows what they think of the forums
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; July 17th, 2019 at 07:26 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    Basically, little programs or modifications to the main program to let the game play automatically, and not using your eyeballs with your fingers to make the game go. They're cheating and a bane to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Maybe while SC is encouraging fair play, they should target self-match clans too...

https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1824979-Self-Match-Clans-A-loophole-left-unchecked

They will target botters but will leave self-match clans unchecked for years.

unbelievable, it never ceases to amaze me the distance people will go to cheat. I would like to think this has gotten some attention and is being worked on in the background.

again, I am so naive.......

Join us for the biggest yearly event! Forum Elite, more info here

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I’m not going to be so quick to praise SC when I am completely disappointed with the apparent plan to only punish those who continue to bot. In other words, the many thousands of accounts that were built up based on botting are free to keep playing. The many thousands of accounts that were built up on botting and sold to others (also against the terms of service) are free to keep playing. The accounts that botted their way to big profile numbers are free to keep playing.

So, while I’m happy to hear they are finally taking botting seriously, I can’t at all support the idea of a free pass for those who cheated for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I take it then you have a proposal for how to definitively identify those who have done it in the past?
    Not likely, but the net could have been cast with no warning so that more who are actively botting were punished for cheating. This isn't the first time they set out to right wrongs. Encouraging fair play has been ongoing for years now. Why do botters get a special new grace period?

Edit: Also your question in response to 2222 is unfair Ajax. No one knows what supercell is doing to detect bots. How would anyone have a definitive plan to identify all botters past and present without being an employee of supercell? That's not our job.
    Last edited by DOOM2U; July 17th, 2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.