Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Loadable Spell Traps!

Quote Originally Posted by That Little Trophy View Post
    So I shouldn't put 3 freezes or hastes at once into the trap? Why not making the effect longer if you put more of them into the trap?
    Because I am working with *offensive* spells in the game as they exist to eliminate coding hassles. While offense/defense ability has been tackled before (Ice Golem freeze effect), no need to do it for every spell (having haste/rage/heal/jump(?) possibly affect towers besides the CC troops is bad enough).

I suppose defensive freezes/hastes could work like quake. Each one extends time, but in a diminished proportion. First 1 = full, second one +1/2, third one +1/4. I should think freeze + poison would be more disruptive than multiple freezes anyway.
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:25 PM.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    Because I am working with *offensive* spells in the game as they exist to eliminate coding hassles.
    I doubt very much that it would be any additional coding hassle. But it would be ludicrously OP.

I can't see them ever allowing multiple spells in one trap. More likely, if they were to ever implement this, would be low level spells at low level traps, increasing spell level with increase in trap level.

While offense/defense ability has been tackled before (Ice Golem freeze effect), no need to do it for every spell (having haste/rage/heal/jump(?) possibly affect towers besides the CC troops is bad enough).
    Jump has no possible defensive effect. Nor does haste or clone really., although both could affect defensive CC troops.

I suppose defensive freezes/hastes could work like quake. Each one extends time, but in a diminished proportion. First 1 = full, second one +1/2, third one +1/4. I should think freeze + poison would be more disruptive than multiple freezes anyway.
    Forget the idea of multiple spells per trap. That is exceptionally unlikely even if they implement loadable Spell Traps, which is possible but not particularly likely to start with.
    Last edited by Ajax; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Because I am working with *offensive* spells in the game as they exist to eliminate coding hassles. While offense/defense ability has been tackled before (Ice Golem freeze effect), no need to do it for every spell (having haste/rage/heal/jump(?) possibly affect towers besides the CC troops is bad enough).

if youre so worried about the coding, then scratch the whole valkyrie jumping thing

Centennial Club
    There's definitely potential in a trap with poison/freeze.

Instead of having to load it with a spell from either spell factory it could just be a trap set to poison or freeze mode.
    Instead of the trap itself being upgradable, it could have its effect reflect the effect of the actual spell level of ones base.

This way you'd get around the reload issue and you'd get scaling with spells proper, which as I read it was the stated intention.
    Last edited by Munitor; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post

Instead of having to load it with a spell from either spell factory it could just be a trap set to poison or freeze mode.
    Instead of the trap itself being upgradable, it could have its effect reflect the effect of the actual spell level of ones base.

This way you'd get around the reload issue and you'd get scaling with spells proper, which as I read it was the stated intention.
    This makes sense. Just like barbarians/archers reflect your current level when spawned by the heros.

Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post

I think the trap itself should be upgradable by user choice (for war weight). The base-dependent levels seem to be in the realm of seasonal items.

However, I do like the simplification here. Choose poison or freeze. Spell strength/duration is based on level of the trap, not level of the spell you have in the lab.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    This makes sense. Just like barbarians/archers reflect your current level when spawned by the heros.
    It does make sense. This is why the exchange of ideas is useful. It hones the final proposal based on several actual players' perspective.

However, I thought Barbs/Archers spawned by heroes were the level you have in your lab? I was told this by a former clan leader and never verified it, just trusted his knowledge. Or did they change it?

I think the trap itself should be upgradable by user choice (for war weight). The base-dependent levels seem to be in the realm of seasonal items.

However, I do like the simplification here. Choose poison or freeze. Spell strength/duration is based on level of the trap, not level of the spell you have in the lab.

It does make sense. This is why the exchange of ideas is useful. It hones the final proposal based on several actual players' perspective.

However, I thought Barbs/Archers spawned by heroes were the level you have in your lab? I was told this by a former clan leader and never verified it, just trusted his knowledge. Or did they change it?
    Yeah. Thats what I meant. The barbarians/archers that spawn are the same as the current level you have them upgraded to by the lab. Sorry if it was confusing.
    Last edited by bobkoch1984; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:48 PM.

I hab an eggselent suggestion for this. ...

I recently read in a thread about th13 and weaponizing the other buildings.

Why don't we weaponize the spell factory? ??????

Maybe it could be like this. ..

The Elixir Spell Factory can store two spell spaces worth of spells. You can load it by the spells you yourself brewed.
    The defensive spell level depends on your spell level.
    When the Factory is destroyed, it drops the loaded spells.

Same for the dark spell factory.

Hovewer, I feel certain spells such as jump, clone,earthquake shouldn't be allowed.

Pleased reconsider my suggestion

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClashPirate View Post
    I hab an eggselent suggestion for this. ...

I recently read in a thread about th13 and weaponizing the other buildings.

Why don't we weaponize the spell factory? ??????

Maybe it could be like this. ..

The Elixir Spell Factory can store two spell spaces worth of spells. You can load it by the spells you yourself brewed.
    The defensive spell level depends on your spell level.
    When the Factory is destroyed, it drops the loaded spells.

Same for the dark spell factory.

Hovewer, I feel certain spells such as jump, clone,earthquake shouldn't be allowed.

Pleased reconsider my suggestion
    Traps aren't visible, factorys are. Id rather a surprising spell trap for my enemy.
    Last edited by Be A Legend; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:10 AM.

Aaaaaaaaand....

Back on topic.....