Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add animations to buildings under attack

Add animations to buildings under attack

The title may be confusing, so Iíll clarify. Thatís what this box is for right?

Letís say, an archer is attacking a builder hut. How about thereís arrows sticking out of the side of the hut? Itís not exactly a needed feature but it would be cool!

I got the idea from a clanmate saying he noticed when valkyries destroy a building they explode with sparks. I figured why not add more destruction animations? Instead of the traditional explosion, why canít a mortar fall over, or an archer tower crumbles under its own weight, or an air defence sparking when it gets destroyed?

Itís not urgent, but I think it would be interesting to see more animated destruction to make attacks more satisfying to watch! Like the idea? Let me know! Thanks for reading!

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

I'm with you👍

They could add damage effects that initiate upon getting a set damage like:

100% Health: No damage seen.

75% Health: Walls show cracks.

50% Health: Severe Cracks, Doors destroyed.

25% Health: Roof collapse

0% Health: Building collapse.
    Last edited by MayhemWarLord; July 17th, 2019 at 05:08 AM.

Centennial Club
    Good idea. This will make the game more intresting.

Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    I don't really care about small animation changes, but why not.

New Bloke/Chick
    So there are some others asking 🤔 for more realistic and quality gaming😕. Nice idea👍😜

Things like that will always come with the downside of increased data used.
    The more you want to be fancy (like several pictures of the damaged building per dmg-%, or animated stuff), the more it will blow up the needed space on your device. And not only for you, for everyone else. If they want/need this feature, or not. Some are starving for space and while 'some' would enjoy seeing a badly damaged archertower, that does finally succumb under the heavy fire, 'others' might get locked out of the game, due to memory-issues.
    And I hardly see an improvement, removing a part of the community, so I can keep ignoring sprites of towers, regardless of it's damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    The more you want to be fancy (like several pictures of the damaged building per dmg-%, or animated stuff), the more it will blow up the needed space on your device. And not only for you, for everyone else. If they want/need this feature, or not. Some are starving for space and while 'some' would enjoy seeing a badly damaged archertower, that does finally succumb under the heavy fire, 'others' might get locked out of the game, due to memory-issues.
    And I hardly see an improvement, removing a part of the community, so I can keep ignoring sprites of towers, regardless of it's damage taken.
    I see your point. I just figured this would be a cool idea to freshen up the animations a little bit.

New Bloke/Chick
    Well that's the fate. One by one with each new TH and other stuff the game size is already increasing and if they don't change their devices with time then surely they'll be locked out.

Be it now or then we're just delaying it. Aren't we?
    Last edited by PustakForce; July 18th, 2019 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PustakForce View Post
    Well that's the fate. One by one with each new TH and other stuff the game size is already increasing and if they don't change their devices with time then surely they'll be locked out.

Be it now or then we're just delaying it. Aren't we?
    Not saying it should never change, I just try to remind ppl their suggestions come with costs. And adding 'a few' animations will come with the cost of addes space. And depending on how those pictures and animations are made, it can add quite some hefty memory.
    I have no trouble with such on my device, I could take several gigs of data without running into any kind of trouble. But I'm not playing this game alone.

Not saying it should never change, I just try to remind ppl their suggestions come with costs. And adding 'a few' animations will come with the cost of addes space. And depending on how those pictures and animations are made, it can add quite some hefty memory.
    I have no trouble with such on my device, I could take several gigs of data without running into any kind of trouble. But I'm not playing this game alone.
    Yeah I totally get it. Thank you! That is a drawback, so maybe just add an animation to significant buildings such as the town hall and the clan castle. Cuz letís face it, nobody really cares about animations on a builder hut.