Thread: TH8 Going to TH9 - When to Upgrade?

TH8 Going to TH9 - When to Upgrade?

Hello everyone,
    I'm a nearly maxed th8 and I'm looking to upgrade to th9 before the current month ends. My buildings are all maxed for my th, and I plan on maxing all my walls as well. My lab is a bit behind, so I was wondering how much I should get upgraded before heading to th9. I want to upgrade to th9 before the season is out, to take advantage of season bank DE for heroes.

The following troops and spells are not maxed, if it isn't listed then I have maxed it:
    Barbarians - Level 3
    Archers - Level 3
    Giants - Level 4
    Goblins - Level 2
    Healers - Level 1
    Minions - Level 1
    Hog Riders - Level 3
    Lightning - Level 3
    Heal - Level 3
    Poison - Level 1
    Earthquake - Level 1

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I would go TH9 now to get on with your archer queen. Consider heal for GoWoBo, minions for LavaLoon. Your healers need upgrading, but not until your AQ is at least 15-20.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9

Banned
    Even though I want to upgrade to TH9 as soon as I can,
    I've been sitting on max resources and defense while finishing all my lab upgrades for past two weeks.
    And, I still have one more month to go to finish all upgrades.

It's always best to finish every single upgrade before upgrading TH.

Centennial Club
    lightening spell is a big plus for taking down AD. at th9 you can take down 2 max AD only using spells, and thats a big + for any air attack

You should be patient and upgrade every defense, troop and spell before upgrading TH.
    If it gets too boring for you, you could take a break.
    At least, that's what I'm doing.

Maxing is always an option, but I’m not sure anyone can definitively say it is “best”. It is an extreme position, in terms of upgrading. By that I mean there is nothing beyond it, so it defines an extreme. The other extreme is a rushed account purely for siege, say. If you max out everything you do have a lot of idle builder time, which could be used on, say, Archer Queen upgrades, which offers more offensive power than a lab upgrade to, e.g. goblins. If anyone wants to max that’s cool, and it’s their game, but there are some things you are giving up which are often overlooked.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOz View Post
    It's always best to finish every single upgrade before upgrading TH.
    TH8 has a tendency to have relative low elixir needs and no real places to dump it. Hence if you wait for everything to be upgraded you're playing extremely inefficient. All resource overflow is resources wasted.

So, in the specific case of TH8->9 I'd suggest something like this:

Max BK, critical lab upgrades, critical defenses and as many wall pieces you can. The moment (or actually a couple of days before) your last elixir upgrade is started you go to TH9.

@OP:
    For farming:
    Max Giants, Gobs, Heal
    For war:
    Max Healers, Hogs, Poison
    Last edited by Munitor; July 17th, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

Centennial Club
    Here are some numbers taken directly from cumulative cost page for TH8:

Total gold requirement: 167,261,550
    Total elixir requirement: 62,464,550

It's easy to see that unless you can farm 2.67 gold for every elixir you're going to have elixir storages overflowing.
    This is the main reason I'd advise to go to TH9 the moment your elixir upgrades are done.

Thanks for all the replies!

@Munitor
    I've been running into that exact problem for weeks now, with my elixir storages being maxed and looted elixir going to waste. With the season bank loot coming in a few weeks, I really wanted to avoid having all that elixir (and DE) just being wasted. I'll probably max healers, hogs, and poison, and whatever else I can upgrade before my walls are nearly finished before upgrading, thanks for the advice!