Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is "Le Blancs" a offensive clan name?

Fresh Spawn

Is "Le Blancs" a offensive clan name?

It means "The Whites" in french

Cause me and my friend created this to rival some kids at our school who own a clan called "Le Niggs" which... yeah i guess thats racist. I never knew that "Le Blancs" would grow so big. I recently woundered if its racist/too offensive and will there be any consequenses?

Thank you for reading this

Not really any way for us to know, TBH. They don't tell you ahead of time what's offensive, they only slap your hand after doing something wrong.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

Forum Legend
    If you have to ask, while expecting it to be on the border, then it probably is racist.

You can be pretty sure that any French opponent (or any opponent that knows French) will find the name WILDLY offensive, if they are about to lose. At this point they will report your clan to Support.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.17.16.18.16.18.18.17.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

I’m a french canadian, yes literally «Le Blanc» means «the white» but it doesn’t hold the connotation that the «nig...» word has. True, however, that you may have chosen the name of your clan in a border line context.

Leblanc or Le Blanc are common last names in French (most of the time in one word, Facebook it...). If somebody, coming accross your clan, is offended by its name, well, they must be offended in real life almost all the time.

I wouldn’t worry about it but perhaps you could think of another story to explain the name of your clan, maybe in honor of Matt LeBlanc of Friends! 🤪
    Last edited by NikoGoulet; July 16th, 2019 at 09:05 PM.

let's put it this way. i reported a clan months ago with the N word for a name and a bunch of Nazi and white supremacist member names. the clan still exists and still has those members. whatever it is they do about things like this it seems to be sheer luck if you get penalized.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    If you have to ask, while expecting it to be on the border, then it probably is racist.

You can be pretty sure that any French opponent (or any opponent that knows French) will find the name WILDLY offensive, if they are about to lose. At this point they will report your clan to Support.

/Affront
    Do you reckon I should ask supercell support for a name change or something before its too late?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffxi4 View Post
    Do you reckon I should ask supercell support for a name change or something before its too late?
    I don’t think you need to

Forum Legend
    I think you already know that you are walking the line and you might as well choose another name.

/Affront

just tell supercell someone is sponsoring your clan for CWL and you want to change your clan name to represent the sponsor ..lol

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Forum Elder
    Why bother?.
    The clan name may have been picked due to being racially motivated, but "The white" means nothing.
    The white what? comes to mind.

So long as you never post your reasons for the name choice on a public chat site.. maybe something like Supercell Forum, then who's to know?