Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Is "Le Blancs" a offensive clan name?

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    98
    Agreed..

    Name is on the line but it's certainly not offensive.

    The bears"
    The blacks"
    The whites"
    The weird"

    Just a clan consisting of bears, black, white or weird people..

  2. #12
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Etilaclya View Post
    Agreed..

    Name is on the line but it's certainly not offensive.

    The bears"
    The blacks"
    The whites"
    The weird"

    Just a clan consisting of bears, black, white or weird people..
    It is simply French for a colour.. It means nothing unless the person responsible was stupid enough to announce it was racially motivated.
    If racism were against the TOS, which it may well be, and that person were to get a ban for announcing the meaning, then at least there would only be that person to blame.
    The only pity would be for anyone that joined unaware of the creators intentions.

  3. #13
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,004
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    It is simply French for a colour.. It means nothing unless the person responsible was stupid enough to announce it was racially motivated.
    If racism were against the TOS, which it may well be, and that person were to get a ban for announcing the meaning, then at least there would only be that person to blame.
    The only pity would be for anyone that joined unaware of the creators intentions.
    Youre being a bit naive. Ifi named a clan the whites it would be pretty obviously offensive in the US. On the other hand, if i named a clan Les Bleus, that is obviously a reference to the French national team which is not offensive. Well, unless you pull for another side. . My feeling is leave real world conflict prone stuff to the real world. It's supposed to be an escape and relaxation.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  4. #14
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Youre being a bit naive. Ifi named a clan the whites it would be pretty obviously offensive in the US. On the other hand, if i named a clan Les Bleus, that is obviously a reference to the French national team which is not offensive. Well, unless you pull for another side. . My feeling is leave real world conflict prone stuff to the real world. It's supposed to be an escape and relaxation.
    Is funny, but I was talking to a smurf, and he was worried about the confusion if he chose the name.

  5. #15
    Forum Champion Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,004
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Is funny, but I was talking to a smurf, and he was worried about the confusion if he chose the name.
    Lol. Brings a whole new meaning to allez Les bleus!
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •