Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donate Troops That Have Been Donated

Donate Troops That Have Been Donated

I couldn't find anything on this but I suspect it has been requested before.

It would be good if we could donate troops that have been donated but they wouldn't be eligible for any clan perks, such as level increases. This includes Siege Machines, so as a TH11, if I have been donated a Siege, I can pass it on to someone else who may need it in war.

Potentially Siege machines could be tied to gems in order to re-donate them.

I feel it's useless, get the donor donating again or if he's offline wait for him.

Redonating will be a complex mechanism and not of much importance.

I am assuming that you're a TH12, so for you it's 'useless'. But for a lot of clans, that do not have an abundance of TH12s and war frequently, it would be helpful. I also don't really get the complexity of it, if you have troops or a siege, when someone requests, they are in scope of what you can donate, they're just exempt from the Clan Perks of level upgrades because they will have already received the upgrade on the original donation.

They may only have few TH12s, possibly even one. Factoring in time zones, having two attack twice in war within 24 hours, the fact that people have a life outside of COC (I know, pretty unreal!), it's sometimes a struggle for Siege requests to be fulfilled. Whilst allowing TH10\11s to make a Siege Machine is not a viable option to introduce into the game at this stage, it would be good if they could donate them if they have already been donated one.

It's making an improvement to Clans that aren't full of TH12s. I'm expecting a response like 'upgrade all the TH10\11s to TH12' but asking the TH10\11s to upgrade so the Clan has many TH12s is not realistic, or at least, they'll not have an enjoyable experience being a rushed TH12.

I support this idea.

Hmm.

Here I present you the complexity.

1)What will be the interface?
    2)Will it be necessary in high level clans with many active people?
    3)Will there be a minimum clan level requirements for this feature to be available?

Answer these then more will be served. Lol, you would take atleast a day thinking of it and approx a week to finalize the idea and even if everything goes right there's no guarantee that your idea will be made functional.

You seem very against this improvement, it's almost like it's a good suggestion but because it doesn't benefit you, you need to rubbish it.

Do you really think those questions require any level of complexity to answer? Seriously, they're pretty basic. Why wouldn't the same donation UI be used, the troops in your CC are simply on the same UI that we use today?

Wouldn't any new feature/improvement take that amount of time, probably longer? you don't just think of an idea and it's developed and deployed in an instant.

You didn't mention whether you're a TH12, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 81cerberus View Post
    .... because they will have already received the upgrade on the original donation.....They may only have few TH12s, possibly even one. ....It's making an improvement to Clans that aren't full of TH12s. I'm expecting a response like 'upgrade all the TH10\11s to TH12' but asking the TH10\11s to upgrade so the Clan has many TH12s is not realistic ....
    A Clan with +2 level donation perk, yet no 12s, wants maxed Siege Machines. One account is willing to "rush to 12", which means they can give maxed out SMs to others, but they also must rely only on their own level 1 SMs since there are no other 12s in the clan.

But wait, what if there was re-gifting! The 12 donates an level 1 SM to a TH 11, which elevates it to a level 3, and then re-gifts it back to the original donor!

Having a mixture of 12s and non-12s is a transitory issue. They keep making it easier and easier for players to rush to 12. In my own clan, it has been phenomenal number of 12s we have gained since CWL (Medals) and the Gold Pass (for some) have been added. In a few months, the 11s and even some of the 10s should be at 12. Problem resolved, multiple 12s within the clan donating to each other! Yes "rushing" is indeed a realistic answer, given all the freebies now offered to promote rushing.

Forum Veteran
    IMO, what you have suggested here is really just a fancy workaround for the ruled out idea of a Donation Bank. Instead of tossing troops into a common bank to be used later, you want to put them into everyone's cc so that they can be used later. I am doubtful this would pass muster for SC.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    A Clan with +2 level donation perk, yet no 12s, wants maxed Siege Machines. One account is willing to "rush to 12", which means they can give maxed out SMs to others, but they also must rely only on their own level 1 SMs since there are no other 12s in the clan.

But wait, what if there was re-gifting! The 12 donates an level 1 SM to a TH 11, which elevates it to a level 3, and then re-gifts it back to the original donor!
    Two options:

one: the donor cannot receive the troops they donated back. Troops can only be 're-gifted' once. For example, Player A donates to Player B, now Player B cannot pass those troops on.

two: TH12s are exempt from being re-donated troops in this way and must rely on normal donations, given the fact they should be able to create their own siege, possibly at a lower level.

This also goes beyond TH12, when TH13, 14, 15, etc. are introduced, they will likely have similar benefits where something equivalent to a Siege is available only at that TH and helps a lot in war but the shortage of those TH levels in the clan, means they possibly lose out like some clans today with few TH12s.

It could even be limited to when the clan is in war that this feature is permitted, out of war, there are no re-donations.

Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there and see what people think, if people thinks it's ♥♥♥♥, I'll survive and upgrade to TH12

Quote Originally Posted by 81cerberus View Post
    Two options:

one: the donor cannot receive the troops they donated back. Troops can only be 're-gifted' once. For example, Player A donates to Player B, now Player B cannot pass those troops on.

two: TH12s are exempt from being re-donated troops in this way and must rely on normal donations, given the fact they should be able to create their own siege, possibly at a lower level.

This also goes beyond TH12, when TH13, 14, 15, etc. are introduced, they will likely have similar benefits where something equivalent to a Siege is available only at that TH and helps a lot in war but the shortage of those TH levels in the clan, means they possibly lose out like some clans today with few TH12s.

It could even be limited to when the clan is in war that this feature is permitted, out of war, there are no re-donations.

Anyway, just thought I'd put it out there and see what people think, if people thinks it's ♥♥♥♥, I'll survive and upgrade to TH12
    Seems like a lot of complexity to "solve" something that isn't a big issue.