Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Super PEKKA Spam ruining BB

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannkk View Post
    Yes max super pekkas seem to be one of the most common army comps right now and itís very hard to combat. Just have to wait to max the defenses which will take a while. Hogs seem even more op tho but not many people have them yet
    The type of armies you are seeing varies wildly with your trophy range.

Iím seeing mostly DropMinions in the 4700s

I do have maxed Pekka, Carts, Minions and DropShips.. but, Iím using DropMinions most of the time.

/Affront

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    The type of armies you are seeing varies wildly with your trophy range.

Iím seeing mostly DropMinions in the 4700s

I do have maxed Pekka, Carts, Minions and DropShips.. but, Iím using DropMinions most of the time.

/Affront
    Yeah itís funny isnít it I was being hit nearly exclusively with drop minion so had all my traps to air.. now Iím getting nearly hit by nearly all ground so all the traps back on ground and looking to upgrade ground targeting def first haha

My B game has a similar problem, OP. My defenses are mostly level 7, and SP spam is tough to defend. That said, every defensive upgrade makes it a little better. It still stinks to lose to that army though.

SP 16 and up is massively OP to defenses below level 8, moreso than any new troop has been at any other BH level, IMO. That said, it's balanced well with the BH8/9 defenses, so I don't think a change needs to be made. Just keep plugging away at your defensive upgrades, and you'll see it get better.

And yes, it's hard to hear "just upgrade" when your ability to upgrade depends on winning, which is tough to do when you're outgunned. And "Use SPs yourself" isn't useful advice if your SP is at level 2 or 3 right now. It won't happen overnight, but you'll get there.

At 4450 my last 10 are:
    Drop/Minion:7
    Pekka/Cannon:1
    Giant/CCart/Barb:1
    Did not attack: 1

My base is totally geared toward air defense. All my upgrades are prioritized toward air. Will be interesting to see how SC addresses the meta moving forward... Guessing Drop Minion is on their radar screen at BH9 and maybe not super pekka.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    My B game has a similar problem, OP. My defenses are mostly level 7, and SP spam is tough to defend. That said, every defensive upgrade makes it a little better. It still stinks to lose to that army though.

SP 16 and up is massively OP to defenses below level 8, moreso than any new troop has been at any other BH level, IMO. That said, it's balanced well with the BH8/9 defenses, so I don't think a change needs to be made. Just keep plugging away at your defensive upgrades, and you'll see it get better.

And yes, it's hard to hear "just upgrade" when your ability to upgrade depends on winning, which is tough to do when you're outgunned. And "Use SPs yourself" isn't useful advice if your SP is at level 2 or 3 right now. It won't happen overnight, but you'll get there.
    i agree with this, and that was probably OP's gripe. as soon as BH8 and pekkas came out it wasnt a big deal, but when i started getting hit with max pekkas, i realized that had to be top priority and got my own pekkas maxed

Quote Originally Posted by mandy12 View Post
    i agree with this, and that was probably OP's gripe. as soon as BH8 and pekkas came out it wasnt a big deal, but when i started getting hit with max pekkas, i realized that had to be top priority and got my own pekkas maxed
    Bringing this back up. This past week, I've been using 6 camps super pekkas. For example, today I had to catch up attacks and did a wee bit of pushing. 5 100%. 1 62% where I hit from the wrong direction. Other lowest 72%. Finished just over 5k trophies. My base is definitely anti air as most others seem to be. My gut feeling is it works because meta, as of now, is air. Also, pekkas, en masse, move through the base too quick for lava cannon. But, I think that as we upgrade other defenses, the incremental dps increase will take a toll. Thoughts?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Bringing this back up. This past week, I've been using 6 camps super pekkas. For example, today I had to catch up attacks and did a wee bit of pushing. 5 100%. 1 62% where I hit from the wrong direction. Other lowest 72%. Finished just over 5k trophies. My base is definitely anti air as most others seem to be. My gut feeling is it works because meta, as of now, is air. Also, pekkas, en masse, move through the base too quick for lava cannon. But, I think that as we upgrade other defenses, the incremental dps increase will take a toll. Thoughts?
    I don't know what everyone else has been doing, but I've been upgrading my defenses that can fight air attacks first. That might be impacting things.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Millennial Club
    Normally I would say ground vs air is about even for me. My two bases are laid out the same with the first base listed having 2 mines upgraded and one defense (lava launcher) ahead. I don't really find pekka to be overwhelming. It has a better chance at a high percentage 2, but even with most of my mines set to air I haven't had that many issues with them.

My last 10 defenses on my two bases (I was upgrading lava on one and air defense on the other):

Air Defense upgrading, ended season at 5199 (5-5 over last 10):
    All max 5 pekka 1 cannon cart 47% no star
    All max 6 minion 72% 2 star
    All max 6 pekka 45% 1 star
    All max 5 pekka 1 cannon 72% 2 star
    All max 3 minion 3 drop ship 88% 2 star
    1 level 16 bombs 5 max barbs 25 Battle Machine 56% 2 star
    All max 6 minions 64% 2 star
    1 max barb 1 level 16 bombs 3 max archers 1 max cannon cart 25 battle machine 72% 2 star
    3 max giants 1 17 bombs 2 max cannon carts 26 battle machine 43% 1 star
    6 max pekka 80% 1 star

Lava launcher upgrading, ended season at 5161 (6-4 over last 10):
    All max 3 minion 3 drop 27 battle machine 54% 2 star
    5 max baby drags 1 level 16 minion max battle machine 58% 2 star
    All max 3 pekka, 2 hog glider, 1 baby drag 66% 1 star
    All max 4 minion 2 drop 28 battle machine 66% 2 star
    All max 4 minion 2 drop 25 battle machine 64% 2 star
    All max 3 minion 3 drop 26 battle machine 62% 2 star
    All max 3 minion 3 drop 26 battle machine 76% 2 star
    All max 3 minion 3 drop 26 battle machine 66% 2 star
    All max 6 pekka 29 battle machine 62% 1 star
    All max 4 barb 2 cannon carts 66% 2 star

Pro Member
    Iím keen to see how hogs go and there use, been getting hit mostly with air, minion ships lately, Iím useing baby drags with 1 camp minions