Thread: What order

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Centennial Club

What order

What order should I upgrade defenses at th12 I have already been told not to upgrade infernos or build new one until I'm stronger

Air attacks seem to be most people fire and forget attacks, I upgraded everything that hurt air first.

I have 3 TH12ís and Iíve always upgraded anything that hits both air and ground first after CC, camps and troops. If you war in a clan EA and inferno last as they will raise your war weight

Forum Veteran
    I tend to upgrade defenses in order of power.

GT, infernos, xbows, airdef, teslas, archer towers, cannons. Eagle is situational - depends on my loot and builder availability, usually I get it done before airdef.

By the time you're Th12, there's no point in minimizing war weight. You're big, and you're going to draw another 12, so make sure you're as strong as you can be, to make it as hard as possible for another 12 to 3 star you.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    By the time you're Th12, there's no point in minimizing war weight. You're big, and you're going to draw another 12, so make sure you're as strong as you can be, to make it as hard as possible for another 12 to 3 star you.
    I'm a new'ish TH12 as well OP and although I've always concentrated on war weight when doing my upgrades, I adopted a similar philosophy as littledoctor with my approach to TH12. That said, my rule-of-thumb with dropping/upgrading big turrets has always been don't drop it until you can defeat it so I did focus on max'ing out one of my war armies right off the bat (giant-bowitch), but I've found that TH11 troops can actually do a fair bit of work against a TH12 base (if executed well) and so I've been less worried about war weight with TH12 than in previous TH levels.

My approach so far... Beyond the usual camps/lab/CC upgrades that you should do right away, I put a lot of effort into max'ing my GT asap as its a HUGE boost to defense (few days left until GT5). I dropped the new tesla and have pushed it to level 9 (I love teslas) and have been slowly working through my resource storages. Once the storages are done (and my builders are freed up), I plan on working on my xbows (TH12 bows are just nasty) and making my way back towards my "low war weight" upgrades (e.g., ADs, teslas, ATs before cannons - bigger jump in AT dps at TH12), depending on loot and builder availability. I'm not planning on doing my EA or IT upgrades anytime soon as both are already fairly strong at TH11 levels (I also like my EA firing at troop space = 150 instead of 180), but I will probably drop my new IT sometime soon and leave it at level 1 for a bit (use it as a single target incinerator). All that said, a new'ish TH12 here so there may be another thing to consider, but that's been my thought process so far
    Last edited by Nutty31383; July 16th, 2019 at 04:10 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    I tend to upgrade defenses in order of power.

GT, infernos, xbows, airdef, teslas, archer towers, cannons. Eagle is situational - depends on my loot and builder availability, usually I get it done before airdef.

^ i agree with everything cept i'd do the eagle with the first BoB after lab.

Worrying about war weight just makes you weak at 12. Don't stop building the TH until its 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Townie View Post
    What order should I upgrade defenses at th12 I have already been told not to upgrade infernos or build new one until I'm stronger
    I dropped TH12 right before the last update. I wouldn't worry about war weight if you can max out a good strat or two via books or hammers.

Defenses I generally prioritize cost/damage. In my case I went:
    GT>Eagle>Infernos>Air Defenses>Xbows (Xbows is when I started prioritizing cost & is where I'm currently at)

It also makes a difference what league you're in. Do you need to defend at all? Can you afford to put all 4 air defenses down? As a Legend Leaguer, I could, but you might want to mix up defenses to not get crushed whenever someone raids you.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 53 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 22 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |