Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the cap of 50 Members in a clan to low?

Is the cap of 50 Members in a clan to low?

My view is as clans develop and become established a capacity of 50 members is not enough. I get that in alot of cases 50 capacity is more than enough.

But from my point of view it is not.

We are a very active level 19 war clan that is always sitting between 45-50 members. this team splits for CWL and we tend to use 2 other clans to accommodate everyone in CWL. But being full really limits the options to recruit, network, and support players when we cannot accept visitors. As a clan we are very active on globals and have a big network of players.

My view is that additional member slots should/could be awarded as clan perks above level 10 and could mean at lets say level 20 your clan can accommodate 75 players.

we have tried using a network of clans but this dilutes the social interaction that having everyone in one clan gives. I have run clans for nearly 5 years and for me i cannot see any reason why an established clan through perks could have more members. this would make a great QoL improvement. It does not give any advantage in game play.

IN CWL we are forced to seperate as our TH12's are in champs and our th11's and below head off to one of our mini clans. But when together as a clan it doesnt matter your th level, we are a team.

Im sure others will have a different views to me. But the game has/is moving on and restraints like this is so yesterday!

Clan perks is the prefect place for this

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

this post will die a quiet death then.. people only go to general!

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    this post will die a quiet death then.. people only go to general!
    Thread would die a natural death, no matter where placed, even possibly be closed since they have explicitly Ruled Out larger clan sizes (ref: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...POSTING-%2A%2A).

They have said they are looking at ways to allow clans to collaborate, as a family, but not increase member limit per clan above the 50 maximum.

Regarding the perks you mentioned for clan levels 10+ ... They have said that if additional perks are added above level 10, then those perks will be cosmetic only.

Centennial Club
    The argument could also be. Why don't they run 50 v 50 cwl's ? After all it is called "Clan" War League. I think the reason behind capping it, is that it would increase the amount of top end players you have and other clans will miss out. Who doesn't want to be in a high level successful clan ? I believe this is the reason behind capping it. Besides no doubt that is another 25 players in legend league, whom you can't attack

Pro Member
    Think it’s hard enough for a lot of Clans to get anywhere near 50 Active Dependable Clashers.

That Being Said - I can see how Some Clans would benefit but my Opinion is 50 is enough especially with CWL being set at 15 or 30

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloB View Post
    Think it’s hard enough for a lot of Clans to get anywhere near 50 Active Dependable Clashers.

That Being Said - I can see how Some Clans would benefit but my Opinion is 50 is enough especially with CWL being set at 15 or 30
    Strongly agree about recruitment.. But the CWL addition tends to point towards the number 60.

Centennial Club
    While I can see your points, I think the onus is on you guys to get more creative. If you had space for 75, you would find yourself being in the same position before too long, and, lo and behold, the next call would be for 100. Once the 50 limit is breached, the overall pool of players then consolidate (reducing the number of viable clans out there) and at the same time there is dilution on war size (because that extra 25 have to be able to war). Clan games will either get harder for smaller clans, or be so boringly easy for you as to be a non-event.

Clan management will also also become more difficult. Managing 75 people is more work than managing 50. There are always minor things bubbling away, and you will increase the frequency of these.

A question for you - what is the unique player count in your 45/50? I’m going to guess there are some second/third accounts in there. If you increase the clan size, some of your current clan will create more accounts, so you actually decrease diversity.

If you have 2 x L10+ alliances you can do things like have season competitions between them - see who can get the most trophies, most wins, etc. If you don’t have 2 x L10s then you can decamp to the lower one to try to push it to L10 faster. You can set up friendly wars between the two clans to have a bit of an event war. There are still things you can do
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9

I just don't like that when we make a 50vs50 war we can't get visitors without a member leaving the clan and coming back later to do his attacks, a cap of 51 would be enough to me.

Th12 only war clan Brotherhood #8VYLVJJ2

Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    While I can see your points, I think the onus is on you guys to get more creative. If you had space for 75, you would find yourself being in the same position before too long, and, lo and behold, the next call would be for 100. Once the 50 limit is breached, the overall pool of players then consolidate (reducing the number of viable clans out there) and at the same time there is dilution on war size (because that extra 25 have to be able to war). Clan games will either get harder for smaller clans, or be so boringly easy for you as to be a non-event.

Clan management will also also become more difficult. Managing 75 people is more work than managing 50. There are always minor things bubbling away, and you will increase the frequency of these.

A question for you - what is the unique player count in your 45/50? I’m going to guess there are some second/third accounts in there. If you increase the clan size, some of your current clan will create more accounts, so you actually decrease diversity.

If you have 2 x L10+ alliances you can do things like have season competitions between them - see who can get the most trophies, most wins, etc. If you don’t have 2 x L10s then you can decamp to the lower one to try to push it to L10 faster. You can set up friendly wars between the two clans to have a bit of an event war. There are still things you can do
    as an established lvl 19 war clan that has been running for nearly 5 years and is as active now as it was at the beginning is quite unique, most/alot of the older clans have died due to players being non active.. we have continued to be creative and have re-invented the clan many times. so creativity is not an issue.

as for second and third accounts. in the old days this was the case.. most of our mini's are now in our other clans (2 other clans) so again creativity is not an issue as we have 3 clans. every CWL we have 3 clans in different leagues

our management structure is strong and well established.. the co's do the job they were were promoted for.

the game has evolved and as i said previously the cap of 50 does not allow for the game and clans to develop. SC could do lots to enhance the clan experience, but seem to choose not to!

Forum Legend
    Iím in a pretty active clan with 25+ maxed th12s.

Getting a 30vs30 CWL off the ground, let alone avoid demotion was a huge headache.

I think that the 50 member clan size is more than sufficient.

/Affront