Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we get clan name changes

Trainee

Can we get clan name changes

Like come on. I was like 9 when I made my clans name. Now Iím pushing thirty. Yeah the math doesnít add up. Big whoop wanna fight about it? Point is, the moronic name I made 5 years ago and like 600 wars ago could seemingly be easily changed in exchange for my hard earned real adult dollars. I donít see the practical aspect of restarting a clan because the the developers arenít innovative enough to figure out how to offer clan name changes. I am aware that there would be people selling clans and all that but they literally do it either way so you might as well cash in on the idea. Letís get this puppy rolling Iím tired of seeing my clan name but not looking to waste another 5 years getting a clan leveled up.
    Last edited by Ajax; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:51 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary reference to deity.

I always thought it was a reasonable request.
    Probably more expensive than a name change.
    500 for the first change (not free), 1000 for a second clan name change?

I would also love to see this. We actually had a few female members complain our name was sexist and discriminatory recently so I wrote to Supercell to request a change. They said they can change it if its offensive but I guess they didn't care enough about those who thought it was because they simply stated it wasn't offensive to them so they wouldn't do it.

What is the real reason behind not doing so when they obviously can? It doesn't seem like a difficult thing to do.

So seems now I have to go shopping to buy another clan as I certainly won't be starting over from scratch either. That's cash that could certainly be in supercell's pocket....

To two of you here. Please refrain from talking about the sale or purchase of clans/accounts. Its is against both forum rules and rhe supercell terms of service.

As for the original request of clan name change, yes, it is a common request that we all want.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    To two of you here. Please refrain from talking about the sale or purchase of clans/accounts. Its is against both forum rules and rhe supercell terms of service.

As for the original request of clan name change, yes, it is a common request that we all want.
    Oookay man👌 . Me saying Iím aware that people would sell clans is not the same as soliciting the sale of accounts or clans calm down high speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    Oookay man👌 . Me saying Iím aware that people would sell clans is not the same as soliciting the sale of accounts or clans calm down high speed.
    It was just a cautionary statement. The sarcastic response wasnt necessary.

I'd love this too. I took over a clan from some other people, so obviously they are the ones who named it. I'm embarrassed by the name and do not recruit here in the forums because of it.

I believe I recall a point within the last couple years that Darian made a statement that they'd like to implement a clan name change at some point. In the most recent Reddit AMA, here's what he said:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...wers-on-Reddit

q: Thoughts on Clan Name changes?
    a: It's been ruled out for now

q: Will we ever have a feature that allows us to rename clans? With Gems?
    a: Each new development cycle, this idea gets proposed. For now it's been ruled out, but it's not disregarded. We're just shelving the idea for now until we make some further improvements to the Clan feature.

Trainee
    Didnít mean to misread your intentions of being overly cautious as something other than such. Have a nice day bud.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post

It came up a while ago
    Selling accounts is against the ToS, it's explicity in there
    I don't think selling clans is actually mentioned in the ToS anywhere

Not all by the way, doesn't much bother me, if it was a choice between them adding this and something else, I would chose the something else.
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    Like come on. I was like 9 when I made my clans name. Now Iím pushing thirty. Yeah the math doesnít add up. Big whoop wanna fight about it? Point is, the moronic name I made 5 years ago and like 600 wars ago could seemingly be easily changed in exchange for my hard earned real adult dollars. I donít see the practical aspect of restarting a clan because the the developers arenít innovative enough to figure out how to offer clan name changes. I am aware that there would be people selling clans and all that but they literally do it either way so you might as well cash in on the idea. Letís get this puppy rolling Iím tired of seeing my clan name but not looking to waste another 5 years getting a clan leveled up.
    Agreed 👍, you know I am in a lvl 13 clan 50/50 named honey bunny, really it's not a joke but whenever I say name of my clans to my friends they laugh,just give the clan leader the right to change clan name, nothing else, wanna love that