Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1:1 donation ratio

1:1 donation ratio

i still see this often in clan descriptions. but if the clan is not populated with th12s who donate siege to each other or use their own, i feel keeping 1 : 1 is impossible for especially th10s and 11s if they receive siege regularly. and worrying about donation ratio and not requesting is more harmful to clan activity in my opinion. do you enforce 1 : 1 ratio?
    my clan doesn't set donation ratio, all we ask is to donate to open requests if there are any. if the req is for specific troops and they don't have it, no worries. it would be hard if not for gold pass1 gem donation though...i am the only siege donator😅

I've never set a donation ratio.

As long as donations aren't sitting in chat very long and no ones abusing donations I don't see why it needs to be an issue.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Pro Member
    Donation Levels are a Matter for Individual Clan Leadership. Same with Clan Games Points.

Forum Elder
    It is a clan management issue, and will vary dependant on the individual clan.
    It is something that can get out of hand without any constraints tho.

In our clan, anyone could request any time, and it was up to the individual if they wished to fulfil that request.
    In a casual clan, a th6 requesting bowlers is common place.
    Myself, I largely ignored raiding requests, but ensured any war troops were delivered on sight.

We also were in the bracket of having many requesters, but very few donators.
    Tried advising if they supplied each other, then everyone would have a quick turn over, but nobody ever seems to want either to donate, or receive the lower troops that it would yield.

Probably the reason for having a cap, but each to their own I guess.
    1:1 ratio does seem the most inhibitive that one could choose tho. Some will be waiting to request, some to receive, and the whole thing bogged down in red tape.

1:1 is kinda silly on the face of it TBH. Any clan who posts this as a requirement hasn't really thought through the implications therein.

most of our members maintain decent ratios. Those that don't just stop receiving donations or receive them very slowly. Right now we have a 9 that is convinced he cannot loot raid without bowlers. He's not on enough to keep anywhere close to a 1:1 ratio. I've stopped donating to him completely except for war.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

We have no clan donation requirements. Everyone loves a giver tho. donation requirements are annoying lol

Forum Legend
    We have a 1:1, no troop restriction, donation rule.

You have to give to get.

... but, 1:1 in a stable, active clan also encourages people to stay online a bit longer and “forces” people to prioritize donations over own attacks.

You simply woun’t get any troops if you kee asking, without giving.

The up side is, that tou can ask for, and get exactly the troops you want for every single attack.

I tend to use my own Siege Machines, but I’m happy to donate as many as required by my clan buddies.

When received:donated passes 1000 troops, we do tend to let things slide a bit, but we rarely have anybody getting even a bit close to 1:2 or 2:1..

Give to get is how we run things.

I might add that our player churn is very, very low.

/Affront

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    1:1 is kinda silly on the face of it TBH. Any clan who posts this as a requirement hasn't really thought through the implications therein.

most of our members maintain decent ratios. Those that don't just stop receiving donations or receive them very slowly. Right now we have a 9 that is convinced he cannot loot raid without bowlers. He's not on enough to keep anywhere close to a 1:1 ratio. I've stopped donating to him completely except for war.
    So.. instead of telling this player to give troops to get them, you simply cut him off?

A clear 1:1 rule would force this guy to stay online a bit, so that he could actually donate something .. it would also ensure that he got more troops himself, and thus increase the overall activity in the clan.

1:1 is actually a verry good idea, because it clearly states that you get what you give.. so, people start thinking of their own donations as “what would I put in my own cc if I could” .. want bowlers all day? Fine, be prepared to donate bowlers all day.

/Affront

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    So.. instead of telling this player to give troops to get them, you simply cut him off?

A clear 1:1 rule would force this guy to stay online a bit, so that he could actually donate something .. it would also ensure that he got more troops himself, and thus increase the overall activity in the clan.

1:1 is actually a verry good idea, because it clearly states that you get what you give.. so, people start thinking of their own donations as “what would I put in my own cc if I could” .. want bowlers all day? Fine, be prepared to donate bowlers all day.

/Affront
    I always did likewise. much like other aspects of the game, clan games etc.. it is whatever is the norm for that particular clan.
    I tend to ignore requests for raid troops, since it is easier to ignore rather than beating your head against the wall by continually asking them to balance up.
    War requests are delivered promptly.
    On my main, the donations would be well into four figures for the season. Requested troops will be cwl, so 7x 40.
    I also supply my own siege, and usually it is one of my alts that fills my cc for cwl. I dont use cc troops on raids, as I dont push.

But anyone that shuts out those that dont give is easier than doing anything more heavy handed.
    They either learn, or raid empty.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I always did likewise. much like other aspects of the game, clan games etc.. it is whatever is the norm for that particular clan.
    I tend to ignore requests for raid troops, since it is easier to ignore rather than beating your head against the wall by continually asking them to balance up.
    War requests are delivered promptly.
    On my main, the donations would be well into four figures for the season. Requested troops will be cwl, so 7x 40.
    I also supply my own siege, and usually it is one of my alts that fills my cc for cwl. I dont use cc troops on raids, as I dont push.

But anyone that shuts out those that dont give is easier than doing anything more heavy handed.
    They either learn, or raid empty.
    Ah..we don’t even argue or try to teach people to give, we just kick them.

If you can keep up with donations, you can raid with bowlers in low crystals as a th12 for all I care.

We currently have about 10 maxed or close to maxed th12s and another 15 that are getting there, so steady flow of maxed war troops for every battle is natural for us.

The game becomes so much more fun, when people are not affraid to donate expensive dark troops, because they KNOW, they will get their own cc’s filled in minutes every time. 10k recieved AND requested isn’t uncommon.

For that to happen, it important that 1:1 is part of the deal. Nobody is more important than anybody else and 1:2 or 2:1 is impossible in a clan where there is virtually no people flowing out or in.

/Affront