Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1:1 donation ratio

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    Ah..we don’t even argue or try to teach people to give, we just kick them.

If you can keep up with donations, you can raid with bowlers in low crystals as a th12 for all I care.

We currently have about 10 maxed or close to maxed th12s and another 15 that are getting there, so steady flow of maxed war troops for every battle is natural for us.

The game becomes so much more fun, when people are not affraid to donate expensive dark troops, because they KNOW, they will get their own cc’s filled in minutes every time. 10k recieved AND requested isn’t uncommon.

For that to happen, it important that 1:1 is part of the deal. Nobody is more important than anybody else and 1:2 or 2:1 is impossible in a clan where there is virtually no people flowing out or in.

/Affront
    Impressive stuff mate. With your infrastructure, it is easy to see how it will work, and also why it is needed.
    Nice one Affront.

1:1 donation ratio diesn't have to be a hard and fast rule, but a general goal to be at.
    It is one thing to donate 2,000 troop capacity and receive 3,000 in return, but quite another thing to donate 200 capacity while receiving 3,000.
    The first, I would accept; the 2nd would receive a warning and if they give flak about it, they get a swift kick out of the clan.
    It is not an unreasonable expectation that each member give as much as they receive.

So.. instead of telling this player to give troops to get them, you simply cut him off?

A clear 1:1 rule would force this guy to stay online a bit, so that he could actually donate something .. it would also ensure that he got more troops himself, and thus increase the overall activity in the clan.

1:1 is actually a verry good idea, because it clearly states that you get what you give.. so, people start thinking of their own donations as “what would I put in my own cc if I could” .. want bowlers all day? Fine, be prepared to donate bowlers all day.

/Affront
    Oh no I tell him I'm not donating him troops unless he starts donating. Honestly, I have only had to do this twice.

Stating a requirement like 1:1 (that is impossible to maintain) only puts unneeded burdens on members. Present company aside, when I see that sort of requirement I am automatically turned off. While I maintain a strong donation rate, to me that sort of requirement screams micromanagement. Wouldn't join a clan that had it.

Ah..we don’t even argue or try to teach people to give, we just kick them.

If you can keep up with donations, you can raid with bowlers in low crystals as a th12 for all I care.

We currently have about 10 maxed or close to maxed th12s and another 15 that are getting there, so steady flow of maxed war troops for every battle is natural for us.

The game becomes so much more fun, when people are not affraid to donate expensive dark troops, because they KNOW, they will get their own cc’s filled in minutes every time. 10k recieved AND requested isn’t uncommon.

For that to happen, it important that 1:1 is part of the deal. Nobody is more important than anybody else and 1:2 or 2:1 is impossible in a clan where there is virtually no people flowing out or in.

/Affront
    Well, I take the time to try and teach people. We have about 6 total TH10 plus regulars (two of which are my accounts) so 9s needing bowlers constantly because they are incapable of proper raiding wears thin quickly. The nine I mentioned above needs to learn how to farm well or he's going to be massively overwhelmed as the hero prices go up. I have continuously shared loot raids from my lower accounts, but I have found with this guy apparently I can lead him to water but I can't make him drink. He's gonna burn out. You can't farm DE at 1000 an attack when your upgrades cost 175,000.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:05 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Impressive stuff mate. With your infrastructure, it is easy to see how it will work, and also why it is needed.
    Nice one Affront.
    I'm in an old clan and we have been doing 1:1 for years now. I'm not saying that it works for everybody, but this specific group of people find it very, very fair and that may be the reason it works for us. We have a lot of members that have been with the clan for 3-4 years, so it doesn't seem to be the drop that breaks the camel's back :-)

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    1:1 donation ratio diesn't have to be a hard and fast rule, but a general goal to be at.
    It is one thing to donate 2,000 troop capacity and receive 3,000 in return, but quite another thing to donate 200 capacity while receiving 3,000.
    The first, I would accept; the 2nd would receive a warning and if they give flak about it, they get a swift kick out of the clan.
    It is not an unreasonable expectation that each member give as much as they receive.

This, a hundred times THIS!

Generally, people would never reach the point where they've given 200 and received 3000 with us .. our Leach Alarm goes off at 200 given, 400 received (1:2), if it's a new memeber, it'll be an ex-member very quickly thereafter.

"but nobody ever asks for troops" is the most common excuse.. it doesn't actually work, when I and several others have already passed 5K donations halfway through the season :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Oh no I tell him I'm not donating him troops unless he starts donating. Honestly, I have only had to do this twice.

Stating a requirement like 1:1 (that is impossible to maintain) only puts unneeded burdens on members. Present company aside, when I see that sort of requirement I am automatically turned off. While I maintain a strong donation rate, to me that sort of requirement screams micromanagement. Wouldn't join a clan that had it.
    We don't have 1:1 on the description .. that is something we tell people when they join. We soften the blow a bit by informing people that they can ask for any troop they want, as long as they can keep up on their donations. quit pro quo, one for one .. people can usually see the fairness in this and if they can't, they can probably find another clan with other rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Well, I take the time to try and teach people. We have about 6 total TH10 plus regulars (two of which are my accounts) so 9s needing bowlers constantly because they are incapable of proper raiding wears thin quickly. The nine I mentioned above needs to learn how to farm well or he's going to be massively overwhelmed as the hero prices go up. I have continuously shared loot raids from my lower accounts, but I have found with this guy apparently I can lead him to water but I can't make him drink. He's gonna burn out. You can't farm DE at 1000 an attack when your upgrades cost 175,000.
    Your clan lineup is completely different than mine, but we started doing 1:1 a long, long time before any of us were maxed. I has worked for us and surrounding our selves with like minded players (who will spend 1000 on an attack while not being afraid of also giving 1000 worth of DE troops to those who ask for them) DOES increase activity in the clan.

If you give good troops, you will get good troops. If you give quickly, you will receive quickly. It's a circle of activity that's difficult to get started, but once it's rolling, it's really nice to be part of. It DOES start with a few people willing to give a lot of troops, though :-)

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.13/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Centennial Club
    1:1 always makes me laugh in a description, but I think the intent is understood. We cover it in the “don’t be an <insert mildly bad word>” rule, and someone at 200:2000 would be abusing that. I have spoken to someone about it before, but it almost always involves kicking them.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9

Forum Elder
    Horses for courses.
    A clan like Affront's.. Sure, I fully understand.
    Mixed hall.. Depends what it is for. War requires maxed troops, and quickly. Raids can be done with anything.

Once you reach the stage when someone with a 10 or 15 space cc is requesting bowlers constantly, despite trying to educate them the cc should compliment the strat, then its easier to simply ignore.
    Sure, it means activity slows, and the clan suffers. But if the clan is moving slowly (or even too quickly) on a road to nowhere, then a deep sigh helps just as much as that single, or a couple of bowlers.

yeah we do maxed troops for war when possible, these days that's mostly every time, just hasn't always been that way. lower Halls are almost always way behind higher Halls ratios. but at TH8/9 i expect the outgoing numbers to move up. usually people only need a slight push in that direction. others take more time, and a few end up with empty raiding ccs lol. the first time i got on a guy's case for it he basically said ok I'll only request for war. i kicked him at that point. i don't have time for that heh. i mean why even be in a clan if you don't want to help?