Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH 5 Clouds

TH 5 Clouds

Hello,

My Th5 is hovering around 3600 and the clouds are killing me already. I'm getting hours of clouds and find 3-4 bases per day if I'm lucky. For those who are not familiar with the matchmaking of a Th5, it is such that a Th5 can only find bases from Th3 to Th7. I don't understand why am I not the first one to find a Th7 who logs off. How is it that a Th6 , Th7 sometimes Th8s and 9s also find them instead of me being the one. Shouldn't I be the first one in the queue and be at the priority?!

What do you consider clouds? How long do you wait?

Quote Originally Posted by bct View Post
    What do you consider clouds? How long do you wait?
    I consider clouds when a base doesn't pop, when I get multiple retry buttons! I can't tell you specifically how much I wait cause that is luck based. But I average around 3-4 bases per day. And I hit anything that I find because it isin't that hard to star a Th7 base (I do fail when I mess up on my own LOL) and it doesn't make sense to next when I know I'm not gonna find anything else any time soon.
    Last edited by Bakunin; July 14th, 2019 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Main Forum Rule No.2

It will give you TH 3 to 7 range IF there are such available bases within your trophy range. Every TH level has a natural limit that once reached is well beyond the norm (90 percentile range) for that TH level. At that point, all bets are off, and you can be matched to anyone and everyone!

What do you expect? That as a TH 5 if you go looking for a match, and there are no TH 3 to 7s available at that time, it should keep you in the clouds hours? days? weeks? waiting for one???? Same for when you are unshielded and enter the pool, should it keep you "shielded" hours? days? weeks? until the rare person whom happens to be in that same trophy range just happens to look for an opponent?

There are statistical norms and deviations for each TH level. Once you exceeded that norm, you can be matched to anyone (defenss or offense). Congrats on reaching a trophy level exceeding the vast majority of your peers!
    Last edited by rowman; July 14th, 2019 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    There are statistical norms and deviations for each TH level. Once you exceeded that norm, you can be matched to anyone (defenss or offense). Congrats on reaching a trophy level exceeding the vast majority of your peers!
    So when would I match up with anyone? Right now I find only till a Th7 and my defs are also only by a Th7 (or below)

Quote Originally Posted by Audacity7 View Post
    So when would I match up with anyone? Right now I find only till a Th7 and my defs are also only by a Th7 (or below)
    You are in champs 2 as a th5. I'm surprised you even find th7s. You are very high for your town hall. There just aren't many lower town halls in champs for you to find.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

At some point OP if the clouds are just too much for you it will be time to upgrade to th6 and try to get a new personal best.

Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Click here for answer on how cc troops deploy (hint, it depends) and more info here. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    You are in champs 2 as a th5. I'm surprised you even find th7s. You are very high for your town hall. There just aren't many lower town halls in champs for you to find.
    There are so many Th7 pushers, but none that I find. It doesn't make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    At some point OP if the clouds are just too much for you it will be time to upgrade to th6 and try to get a new personal best.
    Not really , no haha. I'll push 6 on a different account :P

So you push your th5 account way higher than most th5,6,7 even 8s would attempt, and then you are surprised that there aren’t many similar level bases for you to match with? Wonder why that might be? Lol.