Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH 5 Clouds

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #31
    When I posted the last post, I hadn't noticed his claimed trophy count.

Frankly, I find his claim almost impossible to believe. AIUI, there is NO TH level matching once you reach Champions. So he shouldn't be getting clouds, he should be getting an endless stream of TH10+, with maybe1inn 100 a TH9, and 1 In 1000 a TH8. And no TH5 can 1 star a TH9 base that is capable of reaching champions.

The only way I can see a TH5 even managing to stay in Champs 3 is because nobody else there is going to bother attacking them, the loot will be so tiny.

To progress, he must be nexting many hundreds of times for each base he can get a star from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    When I posted the last post, I hadn't noticed his claimed trophy count.

Frankly, I find his claim almost impossible to believe. AIUI, there is NO TH level matching once you reach Champions. So he shouldn't be getting clouds, he should be getting an endless stream of TH10+, with maybe1inn 100 a TH9, and 1 In 1000 a TH8. And no TH5 can 1 star a TH9 base that is capable of reaching champions.

The only way I can see a TH5 even managing to stay in Champs 3 is because nobody else there is going to bother attacking them, the loot will be so tiny.

To progress, he must be nexting many hundreds of times for each base he can get a star from.
    Anecdotally only, I have never done it but discussed with an acquaintance, I think that the upper barrier has been moved from Champs III, and they are still getting some TH matching (or some version of it?)

I wonder if anyone knows for sure? And could post?
    (my feel on the OP anyway is that he's on the level)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Anecdotally only, I have never done it but discussed with an acquaintance, I think that the upper barrier has been moved from Champs III, and they are still getting some TH matching (or some version of it?)

I wonder if anyone knows for sure? And could post?
    (my feel on the OP anyway is that he's on the level)
    Ajax is right TH is not a factor in champions 3 and higher:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...er-matchmaking
    Note near the end itís mentioned that Champions league is not affected.

So theoretically OP shouldnít get HOURS of cloud even as th5. Something is amiss there

which is why i asked about army comp, a question that was ignored.

you get 135 troops at th5 maxed. only the base troops get level 3 (barb, arch, gob); everything else is level 2. there is no heal spell, only level 4 lightning. it's hard enough to get a star against a decent th6 (much less a th7) with those troops....even with 15 space maxed troops cc.

even with 1 star per attack he would need to attack 4-5 times for each 3* defense he gave up. meaning he would have to find at least 4-5 bases per defense. this seems implausible.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; July 16th, 2019 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    which is why i asked about army comp, a question that was ignored.

you get 135 troops at th5 maxed. only the base troops get level 3 (barb, arch, gob); everything else is level 2. there is no heal spell, only level 4 lightning. it's hard enough to get a star against a decent th6 (much less a th7) with those troops....even with 15 space maxed troops cc.

even with 1 star per attack he would need to attack 4-5 times for each 3* defense he gave up. meaning he would have to find at least 4-5 bases per defense. this seems implausible.
    Thereís still some bases with TH outside in champs. He probably needs to Next an hour to find one and he mistaken that with clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by pppla View Post
    Ajax is right TH is not a factor in champions 3 and higher:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...er-matchmaking
    Note near the end it’s mentioned that Champions league is not affected.

So theoretically OP shouldn’t get HOURS of cloud even as th5. Something is amiss there
    you're quoting a four year old thread, when I have literally said that I believe things have CHANGED...

This thread you lnk to is from when TH sniping was still happening and before Titans and Legends existed (I think?)

In fact I think it is so old it talks about Champion League. So before it was even split into Champion 1/2/3.
    Last edited by PhilISuppose; July 16th, 2019 at 11:03 PM.

you're quoting a four year old thread, when I have literally said that I believe things have CHANGED...

This thread you lnk to is from when TH sniping was still happening and before Titans and Legends existed (I think?)

In fact I think it is so old it talks about Champion League. So before it was even split into Champion 1/2/3.
    It would be good to know if it has changed. My observation as I passed through champs and low titan as an 11 then 12 is that I see a wider spread than in crystal. However, that proves nothing. It's just my perspective. What the op describes certainly sounds like th level matching. Maybe someone else would like to push a th5 to champs in the name of science? Definitely not my cup of tea.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Iím quoting that thread because thatís WHEN the change happened. It is a 4 year old thread but thatís when TH level match making became a thing in lower leagues and Iím not aware of any changes to that since.

Quote Originally Posted by pppla View Post
    I’m quoting that thread because that’s WHEN the change happened. It is a 4 year old thread but that’s when TH level match making became a thing in lower leagues and I’m not aware of any changes to that since.
    Yes, it's been that way for so long probably only 5% of players even remember it any other way.
    I said I think it has changed, I didn't mean I think this changed in April 2015...

Forum Elder
    In a competitive & cloudless Legend League
    Quote Originally Posted by Audacity7 View Post
    Its okay. If you don't want to believe it's fine.
    When TH-based matchmaking was implemented, SC firmly stated that everybody in Champion League or higher will find bases to attack when they are available, regardless of the attacker or defenderís TH level.
    👊🏼 Mister 008 and Rusher 008, Co-Leader of Venum Elite 👊🏼 Mister 008- TH12.5, 65/65/40
    Walls:
    ALL ZAPS
    PR: 5573 🏆 #4896 🌎 and #262 🇺🇸