Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH 5 Clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Audacity7 View Post
    There are so many Th7 pushers, but none that I find. It doesn't make any sense
    Relative to what? I think you greatly overestimate how large your pool is. When I made my original push to titans (as a TH10) I crushed a 7 on my way to/while I was in titans. This could be happening to them too.

As far as your titan aspirations, I think they're likely a pipe dream. I won't tell you to stop, but do consider that pushing to titans as a TH5 isn't a show of talent or skill, just patience and time. I'd reassess whether or not this was something I was really committed too and if the payoff was worth it.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 53 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 22 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

First off, you should be commended for your commitment and dedication to your push. Second, it’s highly unlikely that you’re going to find any more bases as you go higher. I didn’t hit champ till I was th10, far above where you are now. Finally, you shouldn’t worry and the best remedy would be upgrading your th to expand your field of view in terms of matchmaking. There was a th2 that made it to legends in the old days so it’s not like your the only one and upgrading your th is gonna make a diff.

Im super proud to boast this awesome pic! Thanks TullSadum for signing me up and DragonX101 for the sig pic!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    First off, you should be commended for your commitment and dedication to your push. Second, it’s highly unlikely that you’re going to find any more bases as you go higher. I didn’t hit champ till I was th10, far above where you are now. Finally, you shouldn’t worry and the best remedy would be upgrading your th to expand your field of view in terms of matchmaking. There was a th2 that made it to legends in the old days so it’s not like your the only one and upgrading your th is gonna make a diff.
    That was Th Sniping Duh. And when the update did drop ,he was so far out in the matchmaking being a Th2 that he was still able to push.

It would seem like common sense to me that if you push the game to its extremes then the number of like-minded people tends to diminish rapidly. It is the price you pay for being 'different'

Quote Originally Posted by NightsWatchMB View Post
    It would seem like common sense to me that if you push the game to its extremes then the number of like-minded people tends to diminish rapidly. It is the price you pay for being 'different'
    I commend him. Takes a ton of time to get that far as a TH5.

The extreme players a a forgotten breed in this game. Wall-less, defenseless, Only barbarian troops, etc. SC has always said you can play as you like but the reality is they want to push players to progress through the game. They developed all these cool game features at upper TH's that they want players to enjoy. The downside of that is it gives the lesser Town Halls an artificial ceiling. I think this TH5 has come very close to that ceiling.

I wish him luck if he chooses to continue on that journey.

Forum Elder
    Hello,

My Th5 is hovering around 3600 and the clouds are killing me already. I'm getting hours of clouds and find 3-4 bases per day if I'm lucky. For those who are not familiar with the matchmaking of a Th5, it is such that a Th5 can only find bases from Th3 to Th7. I don't understand why am I not the first one to find a Th7 who logs off. How is it that a Th6 , Th7 sometimes Th8s and 9s also find them instead of me being the one. Shouldn't I be the first one in the queue and be at the priority?!
    Get yourself to Legends and you’ll double the number of attacks you get
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    Get yourself to Legends and you’ll double the number of attacks you get
    lol, 8 attacks against beefy 12s and 8 -40 defenses.
    Last edited by ProjectThirteen; July 16th, 2019 at 06:37 PM.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 53 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 22 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

Forum Veteran
    There are so many Th7 pushers, but none that I find. It doesn't make any sense
    Lots of 16 hour shields.

As long as I've got your attention though, could I touch the hem of your cloak to receive some of your power?

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    It will give you TH 3 to 7 range IF there are such available bases within your trophy range. Every TH level has a natural limit that once reached is well beyond the norm (90 percentile range) for that TH level. At that point, all bets are off, and you can be matched to anyone and everyone!

What do you expect? That as a TH 5 if you go looking for a match, and there are no TH 3 to 7s available at that time, it should keep you in the clouds hours? days? weeks? waiting for one???? Same for when you are unshielded and enter the pool, should it keep you "shielded" hours? days? weeks? until the rare person whom happens to be in that same trophy range just happens to look for an opponent?

There are statistical norms and deviations for each TH level. Once you exceeded that norm, you can be matched to anyone (defenss or offense). Congrats on reaching a trophy level exceeding the vast majority of your peers!
    Sorry Rowman but this is mostly false. Until you get to champions, there is never a point where "all bets are off". You ask if he expects it would keep him in clouds until a suitable opponent is found - well that is e actly what it is doing, and that is his issue.

He thinks that because he has been sitting in clouds for ages, he should get priority when a suitable base does come available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    When I posted the last post, I hadn't noticed his claimed trophy count.

Frankly, I find his claim almost impossible to believe. AIUI, there is NO TH level matching once you reach Champions. So he shouldn't be getting clouds, he should be getting an endless stream of TH10+, with maybe1inn 100 a TH9, and 1 In 1000 a TH8. And no TH5 can 1 star a TH9 base that is capable of reaching champions.

The only way I can see a TH5 even managing to stay in Champs 3 is because nobody else there is going to bother attacking them, the loot will be so tiny.

To progress, he must be nexting many hundreds of times for each base he can get a star from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)