Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you determine what army comp to use against certain bases?

Fresh Spawn

How do you determine what army comp to use against certain bases?

What factors should I be considering when I see a war base and Iím trying to figure out what army comp to use? Im a new th11 with upgraded camps. I have a hard time looking at base and thinking ďthat base would be destroyed by hogs or a bowitch would be good against this oneĒ etc. I feel like my attacking in general isnít bad, I think I just donít use the right army comps.

Think about how the attack usually plays out. What would impede this regular motion? Being a BoWitch player myself, I have trouble with bases requiring you to attack from the corners, or an edrag base would be isolated ADs and ITs set to single, so the edrags will go around instead of after them.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldagod14 View Post
    Think about how the attack usually plays out. What would impede this regular motion? Being a BoWitch player myself, I have trouble with bases requiring you to attack from the corners, or an edrag base would be isolated ADs and ITs set to single, so the edrags will go around instead of after them.
    Yeah, this.
    You can apply this logic to all strategies once you know what they're good at.
    DragBat for another example, it's great when most of the splash damage is on one side of the base, the wizard towers/EA/infernos set to multi, those are the greatest threat to bats vs TH11 bases.
    Edit: That applies to all bat strategies I guess, I just prefer DragBat usually.
    Last edited by Curtiola; July 13th, 2019 at 09:17 PM.

Pro Member
    base with all x bow set to ground ..i go.. e dragon or dragon, i suck at loons
    tight base..bring 2 jumps...bowlers, witch..e dragon...
    a island base miners or hogs...

mostly i use bowler witch wiz..for raids over the many months i got some idea of how they work..and funnel..

dragon e dragon im using mainly in wars...

as far as spells...those will leave to u....the needs practice to understand when and where...or the spell is a bust..

Millennial Club
    Analyze base shape, compartment shapes/sizes, placement of major defenses. Most of the time when I do this I can quickly identify possible plans.

I always try to have a few different generic compositions that I use. I always try to use one of those armies and adjust it accordingly. For example, if I want to use a bowitch army on a base but the funnel is a bit tricky, I might drop a witch and a couple of bowlers to fit a few more troops for funneling. I might find eq will be more useful than jump so I drop one of the rage spells as well. Two ground attack options and an air option should see you through most situations if you are prepared to make small changes to the troop composition.

I look at where is the th? Centralized or on the periphery? Can I use an aq walk or kill squad to take it down?
    Infernoes: multi or single?
    Ea: centralized, or off center? Can an aq walk get to it?
    X-bows: air & ground or just ground?
    Are defenses and other structures spread out (2 or more spaces in between)? If so, edrags won't work.
    Are defenses and other structures clumped together in tight groups? If so, hogs could work, bowitch, edrags, lavaloonian, dragloon, etc.
    Where is the cc? Can troops be easily pulled or will I have to deal with them during the attack?

The short answer is: look where the th & cc are. Look at how key defenses are set & where they are.
    Try to envision the path you want your troops to take and devise a plan that will allow your troops to path the way you want.

I am a th12, mostly a ground raider, Steps which i follow-

-What's the current war status - does it need a high risk 3* attempt or a safe 2* high %
    >I plan to win wars for my team, risky 3* when you can get 2* and win , I would take the latter option.

> Base layout - Is it ring base or anti-3 or anti-2

-Check Position of Th and EA
    Scenario 1 >Are they close enough for a jump??
    >If they are close,
    >>where is CC, is it lurable or not??
    >>where is enemy aq??
    >> Infy single or multi??
    >>location of wts

Scenario 2 >Are they close enough for a jump??
    >No, they aren't close,
    >>where is enemy aq??
    >>location of wts

I would try drag bat bomb/wave or qc+miners on Scenario 2 bases.

-Finding the best spot for AQ in a qc raid, from where you can take out EA early.

I try these strats - Pekabobat(Scenario 1), pekkasmash(rarely), HGHB(Scenario 1), dragbat(Scenario 1/2), Qc+miners(Scenario 1/2), QC+bowitch on ring bases.

Not in a war clan, just following this in a casual clan. May be you would get a different approach from a war clan guy/gal.
    Last edited by helldestroyer; July 14th, 2019 at 07:37 AM.
    Th 12 AccountsThe Bhairava>65/65/40||Akhand Bharat>65/65/40||Surgical Strike>18/29/37

Youíre asking quite the complicated question there OP.
    Could take pages and pages to fully describe the thought processes that often donít take that long once youíre used to it.
    This one is a decent answer for a start though:

Quote Originally Posted by helldestroyer View Post
    I am a th12, mostly a ground raider, Steps which i follow-

-What's the current war status - does it need a high risk 3* attempt or a safe 2* high %
    >I plan to win wars for my team, risky 3* when you can get 2* and win , I would take the latter option.

> Base layout - Is it ring base or anti-3 or anti-2

Scenario 1 >Are they close enough for a jump??
    >If they are close,
    >>where is enemy aq??
    >>location of wts

Scenario 2 >Are they close enough for a jump??
    >No, they aren't close,
    >>where is enemy aq??
    >>location of wts

I would try drag bat bomb/wave or qc+miners on Scenario 2 bases.

-Finding the best spot for AQ in a qc raid, from where you can take out EA early.

I try these strats - Pekabobat(Scenario 1), pekkasmash(rarely), HGHB(Scenario 1), dragbat(Scenario 1/2), Qc+miners(Scenario 1/2), QC+bowitch on ring bases.

Not in a war clan, just following this in a casual clan. May be you would get a different approach from a war clan guy/gal.
    Apart from that, go YouTube searching on Ďreadingí or analysing a base.
    People like beakerís lab, onehive raids, carbonfin, JudoSloth.

Here's one for a start: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pAjxn_Ji-2Q

Then you need to filter all that info with regard to troops that you have upgraded, strats that youíre used to or good at.
    Starting with your best/favourite comp, have a look at a base, try and make a quick plan for how to 3* it.
    If lots of factors are off-putting, then thatís probably not the strat.
    OR: if there are multiple bases available, go through each one looking for factors that fit your favourite/best army.

Once you really get those ideas, it only takes a few seconds to rule out a lot of army options. Picking the best one and how to fine tune it though, can take longer.
    Last edited by Superfinch30; July 14th, 2019 at 12:24 PM.

Millennial Club
    1st I decide air or ground. Wall levels, x-bow settings, defense levels, AD placement, inferno settings and placement help me with this. AD and sweeper placement will determine what type of air attack if I chose air.

Is there a reason to do a queen walk or suicide heroes? How many of the following can I get without dealing with a single target inferno: cc, th, eagle, ad's, queen

Any reason to use electrone or pekkone?

Then I decide direction of attack. TH placement, cc placement, inferno placement, eagle placement, and sweeper direction determines this. Is there an opportunity to shape the base for a nice narrow path for hogs or loons?

Then I decide what to funnel with.

Is there an area that bats can wipe out?

Is there an area that hogs, loons, or e-drags will shred?

Are there some defenses that I can take out with hogs or loons and keep my troops going where I want them to or defenses I can reach with hogs or loons that I would prefer to limit my main attacks exposure to?

Anything on the backside that taking out with loons, hogs, or edrags would be beneficial?

Are there outlying buildings I want to put a minion or an archer on?

Are there defenses touching walls with pathing to make a slammer more useful then a wall wrecker?

Will healers survive if they lock onto a pekka?

After all that is determined, I build a "base" army (for example, 1 ice golem, 2 pekka's, 3 witches, 5 bowlers) and then fill in the rest of the army with whatever I think will work best.
    My attacks are always awesome...just not necessarily in a good way.

If you disagree with me, you are being toxic. If I disagree with you, I'm just speaking the truth.