Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next elixer upgrade?

Next elixer upgrade?

I'm almost done getting my main army maxed out (Minions+Drop ships). What do you guys think I should pour my elixer into next? (aside from collectors and storages). I'm hanging at around 3900-4100 at the moment.

Should I get my baby dragons upgraded to do some form of mixed attack by mixing them into my Minion Drops?

Cannon carts to go for otto?

Pekkas to focus on ground attacks?

Or just focus on the battle machine?

Any other options?

Reason why I'm confused about this is that each of these options seem a bit iffy to me. I'm not 100% sure of how viable baby drags+Minion drops would be. I've seen Eric from one hive using them but haven't head many other people talking about it, or if it even has a niche where it works better than Minion drops.

I don't seem much benefit in getting otto since I'm always resource limited, rather than being limited by builders.

My pekkas are still lvl one since I'm an air attacker so its going to take a while before researching them gives me any direct benefits.

Battle machine, sureeeee but the improvements are so minor for the resources being invested.

So, looking to hear peoples' thoughts.

Well, if you don't see the value in upgrading any of the troops, you may as well pour the elixir into the bm.
    For a troop, I'd suggest the hog gliders. Seems like hog glider/pekka comps are very good.
    I know you haven't done pekkas yet, but the hogs would help your air attacks too.
    If you have a power potion, use one and do a bunch of attacks with different comps. This way you might see a troop worth investing in.
    My 2 copper anyhoo.

Forum Veteran
    my troop order
    minions>dropship>bdrag>arch>pekka>carts>barbs>hogs >bomber
    i upgrade BM whenever i get BOH in between troop upgrades
    Last edited by arpithmania; July 13th, 2019 at 11:16 AM.

If you want OTTO then cannon carts should be your priority
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 50 | AQ 50 | GW 20 |

Forum Legend
    Based on where you are BM will probably be best value. If gets you closer to Otto and marginally improves your Drop Minion attack. Doesn’t sound like you want work on a ground game so might as well max out BM then either finish carts for Otto or work on the hogs.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Do the BM. Each level is just a little improvement, but a max BM will help in all attacks. Attacking without the BM is a pain; might as well get that pain over with now while your defenses are still weak and you're stuck in a lower trophy range. Otherwise, if you wait for later, your defenses will be stronger so they will help you win more, so you'll be at a higher trophy level; it will be that much harder to maintain that higher level without your BM.

You mention doing cannon carts to get Otto, but you also have to do a max BM to get Otto.

Forum Elder
    I maxed baby dragons and honestly i find it difficult to find a good roll for them in any air attacks. Something better than a camp of Ds or minions. They almost get 1-shotted by max MTs. I'd skip those and go CC if i was you (if you need OTTO that is).

I also did my minions and drop ships first. Then cannon carts, since I never use any other troops to attack, and I may as well unlock OTTO. Will do baby drags after I max my battle machine. Three levels to go.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Pro Member
    Cannon Carts, Sneaky Archers then Meta Minions for Me.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    I maxed baby dragons and honestly i find it difficult to find a good roll for them in any air attacks. Something better than a camp of Ds or minions. They almost get 1-shotted by max MTs. I'd skip those and go CC if i was you (if you need OTTO that is).
    Yeah, that's exactly what has been worrying me about the Baby drags as well.