Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: An idea for Titan Clouds

An idea for Titan Clouds

I am in Titan now and not liking the clouds (they aren't terrible, I know).

Well, I have an idea that I am sure has been thought of before and will likely be (or already has been) proven unworthy but I will present it anyway. Here it is:

Voluntarily remove a shield that is longer than 8 hours (while in Titan) and receive 1 gem.

Yes, limit the number of times you can do it in a day (1?, 3?, 5?), even one gem would make a huge impact for two reasons:

1. Accounts already in Titan would now have a reason to break their shield.
    2. It would provide a new reason to push to titan.

More accounts in titan and more people breaking their shield in titan sounds like a strong force to blow those clouds out of here.

OK, you can now tell me all that is wrong with this idea. I will give you a head-start – it will be unfair to newer accounts that can’t possibly make it to titan.
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 – Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

If they did this. Who in titan in their right mind would remove an 8+ hour sheild for just one gem?? Not that we need an additional free gem source but I sure wouldn't remove my sheild for just one gem. Not saying your idea is bad....but the incentive kind of is.

Centennial Club
    How about one (1) gem for every five (5) hours. That way more Titans might feel like dropping there shield, I for one left Titan and dropped down to champion just for loot but if this was implemented I would again push to Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    If they did this. Who in titan in their right mind would remove an 8+ hour sheild for just one gem?? Not that we need an additional free gem source but I sure wouldn't remove my sheild for just one gem. Not saying your idea is bad....but the incentive kind of is.
    Well, anyone like me who has little need for loot but uses gems for donating would do this as many times as day that is allowed. I realize one gem is not much but going much more than that would likely have negative ripple effect.

Quote Originally Posted by LightOfTruth View Post
    How about one (1) gem for every five (5) hours. That way more Titans might feel like dropping there shield, I for one left Titan and dropped down to champion just for loot but if this was implemented I would again push to Titan.
    I like that idea, there would need to be some kind of limit though. Thanks for the reply.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    I like that idea, there would need to be some kind of limit though. Thanks for the reply.
    How about twice a day ( total of six (6) gems).
    Assuming your village was completely destroyed.

Forum Veteran
    I have been intentionally hanging in Titans for pretty much the last year or so. I drop trophies to get to Titan3 before clan games so that clouds arent too bad during the games and then drop them again when i hit legends. I attack whenever I am online, donate many thousands of troops a month and as a full max TH12 I had no real use for resources but did before maxxing. In other words I think I am pretty representative of folks in Titans. Aside from when I NEED to make a war attack and my shield may be running low, I have never worried about my shields. i dont buy them, i dont drop them, I just dont care. I am struggling to picture any of the folks in my clan ever actually spending the 10 nanoseconds it would take to even consider dropping their shield for a gem. it would be the equivalent of bending down to pick up a grain of rice on the road. it wouldnt be worth the effort especially as the clouds in Titans have consistently been less than 2 minutes so far all this season. With all due respect Dread, I think your solution is to a problem that doesnt really exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I have been intentionally hanging in Titans for pretty much the last year or so. I drop trophies to get to Titan3 before clan games so that clouds arent too bad during the games and then drop them again when i hit legends. I attack whenever I am online, donate many thousands of troops a month and as a full max TH12 I had no real use for resources but did before maxxing. In other words I think I am pretty representative of folks in Titans. Aside from when I NEED to make a war attack and my shield may be running low, I have never worried about my shields. i dont buy them, i dont drop them, I just dont care. I am struggling to picture any of the folks in my clan ever actually spending the 10 nanoseconds it would take to even consider dropping their shield for a gem. it would be the equivalent of bending down to pick up a grain of rice on the road. it wouldnt be worth the effort especially as the clouds in Titans have consistently been less than 2 minutes so far all this season. With all due respect Dread, I think your solution is to a problem that doesnt really exist.
    100 percent agree to this right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    You have valid points, if this feature were added you would not use it. I would just like to point out that you breezed right over other features in the game that you also don't use (like the feature to break a shield). That does not make them useless for everyone.

Do you also ignore the gem mine on the BB? What I am suggesting could produce more gems per day than that mine.

For myself, as a guy who doesn't want to spend even two minutes in the clouds and uses gems to donate, this idea would improve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    You have valid points, if this feature were added you would not use it. I would just like to point out that you breezed right over other features in the game that you also don't use (like the feature to break a shield). That does not make them useless for everyone.

Do you also ignore the gem mine on the BB? What I am suggesting could produce more gems per day than that mine.

For myself, as a guy who doesn't want to spend even two minutes in the clouds and uses gems to donate, this idea would improve the game.
    If it really was this simple, they would not have reworked legends the way they did. They would have just offered gems then to break a sheild. If it would not have solved the legends cloud issues, its not going to solve clouds anywhere else. And it definatly wouldn't solve the increase in clouds for titans the first dew days of clan games either ehen everyone is running marathon times to get their points in. Dont get me wrong im not against the idea or all for it. Its one of those things that imo if they add it or don't. Not a big deal. Especially since the cloud time 99% of the time is 2 minutes or less. I understand that for some reason 2 minutes is unreasonable for you, but I believe for most it isn't.
    Last edited by bobkoch1984; July 15th, 2019 at 12:49 PM.