Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: An idea for Titan Clouds

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    You have valid points, if this feature were added you would not use it. I would just like to point out that you breezed right over other features in the game that you also don't use (like the feature to break a shield). That does not make them useless for everyone.

    Do you also ignore the gem mine on the BB? What I am suggesting could produce more gems per day than that mine.

    For myself, as a guy who doesn't want to spend even two minutes in the clouds and uses gems to donate, this idea would improve the game.
    How would it improve the game?

    It wouldn't benefit you, beyond the gem(s) you receive.

    It wouldn't benefit anybody else.

    It would make no measurable difference to clouds.

    So how would it improve the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  2. #12
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    You have valid points, if this feature were added you would not use it. I would just like to point out that you breezed right over other features in the game that you also don't use (like the feature to break a shield). That does not make them useless for everyone.

    Do you also ignore the gem mine on the BB? What I am suggesting could produce more gems per day than that mine.

    For myself, as a guy who doesn't want to spend even two minutes in the clouds and uses gems to donate, this idea would improve the game.
    I used the drop shield feature once and quite quickly figured out that it is better and faster to attack, drop one troop and repeat several times over. As for the gem mine in BB, if and when I go to BB I clean it out but that is more habit related to getting the resource tags off my screen than actually thinking about the gems over there.

    I believe you when you say you think it would be of use to you. That in my books does not equate to a universal 'improvement' to the game for everyone.

    As for not liking a 2 min wait, well, that is your experience and you are entitled to it. I (and I think most folks) have a slightly differing view about whether 2 mins is actually a problem or not.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    How would it improve the game?

    It wouldn't benefit you, beyond the gem(s) you receive.

    It wouldn't benefit anybody else.

    It would make no measurable difference to clouds.

    So how would it improve the game?
    The entire purpose of the idea is to reduce/eliminate Titan clouds. That would benefit everyone in Titan and in doing so improve the game.

    Right now all of us who are sitting in Titan, without much need for loot, have no reason at all to break a shield. This idea would give everyone a reason to do it. It is a small reason for sure but still a reason. I used a resource potion today just to finish collecting DE faster for a season challenge. Without that tiny reason I would never used that potion. People do things when there is a reason no matter how small.

    Why do you say it would make no measurable difference to clouds? Have you run this by the dev team? If you did and that is their answer then I yield that my idea is not worth perusing. If not then I would love to know how you know this.

    I still think it would bring more players to Titan and increase the number of available bases. I don’t see how it would not noticeably reduce the clouds.
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 – Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I used the drop shield feature once and quite quickly figured out that it is better and faster to attack, drop one troop and repeat several times over. As for the gem mine in BB, if and when I go to BB I clean it out but that is more habit related to getting the resource tags off my screen than actually thinking about the gems over there.

    I believe you when you say you think it would be of use to you. That in my books does not equate to a universal 'improvement' to the game for everyone.

    As for not liking a 2 min wait, well, that is your experience and you are entitled to it. I (and I think most folks) have a slightly differing view about whether 2 mins is actually a problem or not.
    You really think it is better and faster to attack “several times over” vs. tapping on the shield and then “remove”?

    And yes, for me 2 minutes of clouds is a problem. I understand not everyone agrees, and if it isn’t for you I am genuinely happy for you.

    I am offering this idea as something that I think would help the game, it is not for my benefit.
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 – Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

  5. #15
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    You really think it is better and faster to attack “several times over” vs. tapping on the shield and then “remove”?

    And yes, for me 2 minutes of clouds is a problem. I understand not everyone agrees, and if it isn’t for you I am genuinely happy for you.

    I am offering this idea as something that I think would help the game, it is not for my benefit.
    I found that dropping a single troop and forfeiting the match results in the loss of four or five matches inside of a few minutes with a normal trophy loss of 30 or more each time totalling 150. i was unable to drop that quickly using the shield removal. I may get one defense, maybe two in an equivalent time but losing only 60 trophies. If your cloud time is normally 15 minutes or more, then I might consider doing the shield drop but more likely, I would do the shield drop and the single troop drop.

    It is for your benefit though, although I believe you think it applies to others as well. The real problem you identified is that you dont find a couple of minutes of cloud as being acceptable and that is fair enough. The debate shouldnt really be about fixing it until the community and SC determine what IS acceptable. is 1 minute ok? 30 seconds? 1 second? 10 nano seconds?
    Last edited by Tosti111; July 16th, 2019 at 12:02 AM.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bobkoch1984 View Post
    If it really was this simple, they would not have reworked legends the way they did. They would have just offered gems then to break a sheild. If it would not have solved the legends cloud issues, its not going to solve clouds anywhere else. And it definatly wouldn't solve the increase in clouds for titans the first dew days of clan games either ehen everyone is running marathon times to get their points in. Dont get me wrong im not against the idea or all for it. Its one of those things that imo if they add it or don't. Not a big deal. Especially since the cloud time 99% of the time is 2 minutes or less. I understand that for some reason 2 minutes is unreasonable for you, but I believe for most it isn't.
    I would have never suggested this as a fix for legend clouds. This small reason to break a shield would NEVER eclipse the desire to get more cups and push up higher into legends. Titan is totally different, even one of the people here who doesn’t like my idea talked about how he intentionally drops trophies regularly in Titan.

    Instead of trophy dropping as often to manage cups you could simply get attacked more, and pick up a few gems along the way.

    However, as I am getting more negative than positive responses here I will let it go. I really was just trying to improve the game.
    Wizard's Duel #PGLP0802 – Dread Pirate R #2Y0JGYUGU - Max TH12
    Contact me on Discord (Dread Pirate Roberts#5841)
    Credit for avatar - I found it here

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    The entire purpose of the idea is to reduce/eliminate Titan clouds. That would benefit everyone in Titan and in doing so improve the game.
    Right. So it is pointless since it would have no significant effect on clouds.

    Right now all of us who are sitting in Titan, without much need for loot, have no reason at all to break a shield.
    The people in Titans are either there to loot, or they are pushing. Either way, they will break their shields without a 2nd thought, in order to take their own attacks.

    Clouds are not caused by people hiding behind shields, they are caused by most people wanting to take more atracks than defences. Most people in Titans attack when they can, regardless of any shield, but even then, they aren't going to drop their shield when offline for a few gems.


    This idea would give everyone a reason to do it. It is a small reason for sure but still a reason.
    Not nearly as big a reason as taking attacks, which most people in Titans do at every opportunity now.

    I used a resource potion today just to finish collecting DE faster for a season challenge. Without that tiny reason I would never used that potion. People do things when there is a reason no matter how small.

    Why do you say it would make no measurable difference to clouds? Have you run this by the dev team? If you did and that is their answer then I yield that my idea is not worth perusing. If not then I would love to know how you know this.

    I still think it would bring more players to Titan and increase the number of available bases. I don’t see how it would not noticeably reduce the clouds.
    I suggest you go and read the first few posts of the big clouds thread. This was discussed at length there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateRoberts View Post
    I would have never suggested this as a fix for legend clouds.
    So why suggest it for Titans?

    The cause of clouds in Titans is exactly the same.

    This small reason to break a shield would NEVER eclipse the desire to get more cups and push up higher into legends. Titan is totally different, even one of the people here who doesn’t like my idea talked about how he intentionally drops trophies regularly in Titan.
    If Titans were totally different, we wouldn't have any clouds in Titans. It is a little different, which is why we don't have long clouds. But it is not different enough for many people to be willing to drop shields when offline, or for many to not be dropping them anyhow by attacking as soon as online.

    Instead of trophy dropping as often to manage cups you could simply get attacked more, and pick up a few gems along the way.

    However, as I am getting more negative than positive responses here I will let it go. I really was just trying to improve the game.
    I know that, but just don't think it would make enough difference to notice.
    Last edited by Ajax; July 16th, 2019 at 07:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    300
    There are 2 sides to this.

    If the reward for dropping shields is only 1 gem then nobody would do it. Why would I lose loot and cups when I could just cut a bush. This would have zero effect.

    However, if the reward was made enticing enough that people would do it then it would be a different problem. For me, the reward would have to be around 25 gems to make it worthwhile. If it was set to this then people could farm gems. This is obviously not good for supercell since they want people to buy gems.

    This is a solution to a non issue. Clouds in titans are not that bad, when I pushed up to legends the worst I got was 2 min clouds. If you really wanted to solve it, bot bases would work in titans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •