Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Any regular clans in cwl meaning no th12?

New Bloke/Chick

Any regular clans in cwl meaning no th12?

Would be interested in what level you are and if you found it fair it fun? Please donít reply if you have th12 in your clan or have multiple clans feeder clans etc. I am looking for people who have played for awhile with a good clan in regular wars and hopefully a reasonable EQ to get feedback from for our level15 400 win adult war clan

Forum Veteran
    I don't think you'll get much feedback unless people ignore the "no th12s / no multiple clans" part of your request, like I'm doing. Good/healthy clans with smaller bases have had over a year now to rush an alt to 12 to donate sieges. Clans that haven't, are probably in the process of falling apart.

We did CWL without any Th12s in our low clan up until we hit gold 1. We climbed from silver 1 to gold 1 over the course of about 6-8 months and have been hovering in gold 1 since. We got there without a th12 on the war map, but nowadays to simplify things I just leave my donor th12 there instead of moving him back to the main clan to do his attacks. Our experience in the lower leagues was that we were able to win without th12s of our own by virtue of using all our attacks. Most of our opponents missed at least some attacks, and lots of them didn't even bother to fill war cc. We beat lots of clans that had really bad/rushed th12s (the kind that a good player can 3 star with a TH10). We beat some opponents who were much stronger than us just by using better strategy: we'd ignore their top 4 or whatever and 3 star the rest, and they'd be hitting mirrors for 2 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    I don't think you'll get much feedback unless people ignore the "no th12s / no multiple clans" part of your request, like I'm doing. Good/healthy clans with smaller bases have had over a year now to rush an alt to 12 to donate sieges. Clans that haven't, are probably in the process of falling apart.

We did CWL without any Th12s in our low clan up until we hit gold 1. We climbed from silver 1 to gold 1 over the course of about 6-8 months and have been hovering in gold 1 since. We got there without a th12 on the war map, but nowadays to simplify things I just leave my donor th12 there instead of moving him back to the main clan to do his attacks. Our experience in the lower leagues was that we were able to win without th12s of our own by virtue of using all our attacks. Most of our opponents missed at least some attacks, and lots of them didn't even bother to fill war cc. We beat lots of clans that had really bad/rushed th12s (the kind that a good player can 3 star with a TH10). We beat some opponents who were much stronger than us just by using better strategy: we'd ignore their top 4 or whatever and 3 star the rest, and they'd be hitting mirrors for 2 stars.
    We echo this pretty much in TMBG. we got to G2 (in December) from S2 (in Oct) with no 12s. Our first round in G2 (January) was about the time my rush job hit 12 for SM donations.

I have further experience with other clans in CWL from Bronze through Gold. Below G2 it's pretty much as the doc says - attack and you will win. G2 and above it begins to change dramatically. Certainly you can be successful without 12s, especially if you have mostly 11s and 10s. But the missing SMs will hurt your attacks.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

New Bloke/Chick
    Huh I guess from the lack of response it looks like cwl is really only for clans with slot of th12 I kinda suspected it hat by our matches but I guess this just confirms it

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LBJ1958 View Post
    Huh I guess from the lack of response it looks like cwl is really only for clans with slot of th12 I kinda suspected it hat by our matches but I guess this just confirms it
    It doesnít confirm any such thing. It may be that CWL is intended for all levels but most clans have at least one TH12. It may be that there are very few folks on the forum who are in a clan with no TH12s. It may be that all your target audience is on vacation the last few days.

You cant make conclusions such as you have in the absence of any causal relationship.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    It doesnít confirm any such thing. It may be that CWL is intended for all levels but most clans have at least one TH12. It may be that there are very few folks on the forum who are in a clan with no TH12s. It may be that all your target audience is on vacation the last few days.

You cant make conclusions such as you have in the absence of any causal relationship.
    O-73. 73 views no qualifiers I would judge that to be at least directional

It is more likely that nobody wants to discuss anything with someone who decided that any clan with th12 is not a real clan

For those who have responded, you seem to be talking as if they are invisible.

Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Forum Veteran
    Not really, I look at lots of posts but respond to only a very small fraction regardless of whether I agree with the OP or not.
    Last edited by Tosti111; July 13th, 2019 at 01:50 AM.

We split for cwl and our non th12s are now in crystal 1 doing 30v with no th12s. They matched anything up to 24 th12s in enemy clans iirc, but managed to not get demoted

If you have 400 war wins (so over 800 days of war) id query why you have no th12s. All "regular" clans of that age will have some.
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends And (non-data) how max bases are ordered in war
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    We split for cwl and our non th12s are now in crystal 1 doing 30v with no th12s. They matched anything up to 24 th12s in enemy clans iirc, but managed to not get demoted

If you have 400 war wins (so over 800 days of war) id query why you have no th12s. All "regular" clans of that age will have some.
    Interesting point on the 400 win/no th12 aspect.
    A clan that must have been around at least 3 years.
    I am wondering how you managed to not be tempted to have access to what became a game changer for th10.
    Am curious as to your break down, since there is no doubting your skill levels.
    But running multiple 10s and 11s would give the opposition a big advantage if they had siege and you dont.

We only have 214 wins to our name.. are now including 11s in our war roster, and are backed up by siege donators, which of course get a run in cwl.
    My clan tag is on my home page, I cant find yours.

Just to clarify.. I borrowed this from another post
    "We are an experienced adult lvl 15 clan with 400 wins. -- so we get the game/strategy/organization and we like to win
    We have been around for 3 plus years.
    CWL has resulted in 9 3 year plus members to quit playing the game
    We are in Crystal lvl 3 after finally dropping once.
    We only have 2 th12 in our entire clan--one of which is rushed to help provide siege machines etc.
    We are happy not rushing to get to trh12"

Those 12s in your clan makes you more like us so far as cwl goes (and same tier too).
    Ours dont fight regular war either, but it does mean that you will be carrying them into cwl, since they are beneficial simply due to size and power.
    But the whole, or majority of the roster is what governs the maximum performance within the system.

Much like me, if your build strategy is governed by requirements for regular war, then rapid growth would undermine your strategy, since you will be fighting so much heavier. Thus your war log will be at risk of being compromised, since your expertise is at lower level halls, and no disrespect whatsoever is meant nor implied in that statement. You guys are good.

Nothing wrong in that. I prefer 10 and lower myself.. Our clans recent troubles is testimony to the negative impact of increased war weight.

But regular war and cwl are opposite poles.. Unless a clan is competent at warring with end game weights, then a choice between regular or cwl has to be taken.

Both can have clan participation. But only one can be targeted as the clans prime goal.
    Either stay low weight for continued success in regular, or grow for cwl.. But whichever format is simply of secondary importance to the clan, has to be taken with a shrug.

The obvious basic requirement for cwl is size/power, so if a clan forgoes this essential element, then stunted progression is a foregone conclusion mate.

So far as tanking.. I feel for you.
    It took us two seasons to bail Crystal 2. First attempt failed simply because we won 1 war and ended 6th.
    If tanking is the seasons goal, then the 1 star farming rule is dangerous. It could well lead to non demotion if another 2 clans are more determined to bail.
    We wrote off a full season to drop into Crystal 3. No rewards that season, but we been ok since at the much easier level.
    It is what it is.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; July 14th, 2019 at 03:20 PM.